Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: < \ ~ + ~ { The Skyrim Thread } ~ + ~ / >

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    There is some quest where you have to harvest 30 crimson nirnroot,so you could do that. But my main reason for being there was to reach the Tower of Mzark to get the Elder Scroll....

Btw if you check the Android Market there is an awesome (+free) app which is basically a full game guide for every mission, including some screen shots. Pretty awesome, definitely worth checking out...
    Did all that and just beat Alduin for the first time. The whole time thinking I was gonna beat him, "that's it, I'm gonna beat him pretty easy, what do I do for the rest of the game".

Alduin after:

Jets Insider VIP
    Already?

Are you still at home recuperating from surgery? You must be plowing through Percoset and the main storyline...

Already?

Are you still at home recuperating from surgery? You must be plowing through Percoset and the main storyline...
    Yea, I'm still at home. But i stopped the percocets after the 3rd day. Just plain 800 mg ibuprofen

Still feel very uncomfortable and my groin is still shot to shlt.

I'm level 25 now so needless to say, Skyrim has been my percocet.

Man is it a pain in the as sto get Deadra hearts

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Yea, I'm still at home. But i stopped the percocets after the 3rd day. Just plain 800 mg ibuprofen

Still feel very uncomfortable and my groin is still shot to shlt.

I'm level 25 now so needless to say, Skyrim has been my percocet.

Well if you're not using them....

yeah I've heard it's a good idea to not piss away daedra hearts as they are pretty rare....come to think of it I took every smithing perk but have yet to make any daedric stuff yet

Got all the upgrades to weapons and armor. Pretty freakin sweet.

I have at least 8 hearts in breezehome.

There's a list someone compiled on the web of locations to find them...For those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I have at least 8 hearts in breezehome.

There's a list someone compiled on the web of locations to find them...For those interested.
    Took me a while but I just gathered from whatever quest I went on and from the most part the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon is 4 hearts right there. I believe in 1 week the Deadrics regenerate and you can just go back and kill them.

Now that I fixed my PC problem (Power Supply Fan was dead, i.e. overheat, and GPU was dying, i.e. overheat, so in sum = melting PC), and I've once again grown momentarily bored with my various online multiplayer MMO games, I played some Skyrim again last night.

Still only Level 17, only explored the middle area of teh map really, only one town in, Lizard Man Heavy Armor Archertank.

And since it had been a bit since I played, I was agains truck by how amazing teh gameworld looks. Stunning and gorgeous.

My onyl issue is my persistent alt-ities and desire to try other char builds before even getting anywhere with my first.

EDIT: I should add, my lolweak Level 17 guy is bedecked in a full set of Dwarven Plate, with a Dwarven Bow. At this still-very-low-level point, he looks more epic than just about any character in any fantasy game I've ever played. They really did fix the "low levs look like tools" problem inherant in most fantasy games too. I may be a lol*****lizaardman, but I look like I can kick your ass with my armor alone.

If only the makers of Fallout/Skyrim would shift Fallout towards the same open world style of Skyrim, and maybe add a few more genres to the open-world games they make. Skyrim-style Cyberpunk/Stadowrun anyone? Hell yeah.
    Last edited by Warfish; 02-02-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Now that I fixed my PC problem (Power Supply Fan was dead, i.e. overheat, and GPU was dying, i.e. overheat, so in sum = melting PC), and I've once again grown momentarily bored with my various online multiplayer MMO games, I played some Skyrim again last night.

Still only Level 17, only explored the middle area of teh map really, only one town in, Lizard Man Heavy Armor Archertank.

And since it had been a bit since I played, I was agains truck by how amazing teh gameworld looks. Stunning and gorgeous.

My onyl issue is my persistent alt-ities and desire to try other char builds before even getting anywhere with my first.

EDIT: I should add, my lolweak Level 17 guy is bedecked in a full set of Dwarven Plate, with a Dwarven Bow. At this still-very-low-level point, he looks more epic than just about any character in any fantasy game I've ever played. They really did fix the "low levs look like tools" problem inherant in most fantasy games too. I may be a lol*****lizaardman, but I look like I can kick your ass with my armor alone.

If only the makers of Fallout/Skyrim would shift Fallout towards the same open world style of Skyrim, and maybe add a few more genres to the open-world games they make. Skyrim-style Cyberpunk/Stadowrun anyone? Hell yeah.
    If you start doing some blacksmith work, you'll see your levels jump up like crazy. Plus you get all the cool armor too. But if you think you're invincible just because you have legendary dragon and deadric armor with legendary weapons you're mistaken. I plenty get my ass kicked.

Jets Insider VIP

Fallout Online is coming to the PC.
    Whatever that is, Im still jealous.

I know what you mean about the character thing, but I've just accepted the fact that I'll probably be ignoring a lot of the other classes such as Restoration, Illusion, Conjuring, etc. My character so far is 100 at Speech, Smithing, over 90s in Sneak & Lockpicking. Not far behind is Archery and Destruction, Alchemy & Enchanting. The rest I am ignoring for now.

Fallout Online is coming to the PC.
    Nope.

It's been canceleld permanently. Bethesda sued Interplay and won, meaning Bethesda now fully owns the Fallout Franchise. Interplay, who made teh first two Fallout games way back when, lost pretty much all rights to the Fallout property.

And since Fallout Online was an Interplay project, Bethesda immediately had it killed when they won the lawsuit.

I know what you mean about the character thing, but I've just accepted the fact that I'll probably be ignoring a lot of the other classes such as Restoration, Illusion, Conjuring, etc. My character so far is 100 at Speech, Smithing, over 90s in Sneak & Lockpicking. Not far behind is Archery and Destruction, Alchemy & Enchanting. The rest I am ignoring for now.
    I've been thinking of this:

#1 Archery
    #2 Heavy Armor
    #3 Sneak
    #4 Necromancy (Alteration covers that I think).

As my primary combat-skills build. Shooty, hard Lizard with Undead Pet.

One of the few things I don't like is that non-combat skills also level you up. I'd much prefer tradeskills (Smith, Alchemy, Enchanting) be seperate from Character Level Development tbh. Having them tied, means crafting can make you a weak fighter throwing pot bottles at bad guys in a lolfail.

Nope.

It's been canceleld permanently. Bethesda sued Interplay and won, meaning Bethesda now fully owns the Fallout Franchise. Interplay, who made teh first two Fallout games way back when, lost pretty much all rights to the Fallout property.

And since Fallout Online was an Interplay project, Bethesda immediately had it killed when they won the lawsuit.

I've been thinking of this:

#1 Archery
    #2 Heavy Armor
    #3 Sneak
    #4 Necromancy (Alteration covers that I think).

As my primary combat-skills build. Shooty, hard Lizard with Undead Pet.

One of the few things I don't like is that non-combat skills also level you up. I'd much prefer tradeskills (Smith, Alchemy, Enchanting) be seperate from Character Level Development tbh. Having them tied, means crafting can make you a weak fighter throwing pot bottles at bad guys in a lolfail.
    I think Archery/Sneak and Heavy Armor are sort of opposites...

While it doesn't necessarily matter in the grand scheme, it does have a small impact on your players ability to move quietly through the shadows at a lower level... Then again, so does having a follower and I do that anyway...

By the way, embarrassing Skyrim story I haven't mentioned yet...

I was over 80 hours into the game before I knew that I could sprint. It wasn't until I completely the Companions mission in my second game (quit the 1st one) and I became a warewolf that I tried to sprint like a youtube video I saw and figured it out.

I walked a lot more than I had to...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I think Archery/Sneak and Heavy Armor are sort of opposites...

While it doesn't necessarily matter in the grand scheme, it does have a small impact on your players ability to move quietly through the shadows at a lower level... Then again, so does having a follower and I do that anyway...
    Your right, Heavy + Sneak are counters. You make more noise in Heavy than Light.

But you look SOOOOO much cooler in Heavy, and can Melee better (Melee Sneak Archer = Sneak, Get off First Shot, Stand, Punch in Face with Bowhand or Mace, Shoot, Rince Repeat).

And yes, Sneak is ruined by most Followers anyway. And it's one skill that most easily breaks the game. I generally use it only to get the drop of the next group of baddies, not as a "all the time" tactic to sneak up, pickpocket, stab, kill and oddly they never noticed you immersion-killer.

I'm pretty bad at doing the alchemy stuff. Anybody have any pointers?

Without cheating? lol...

Taste your ingredients... Then combine potions based on what you unlock... Most importantly, get health potion recipes...

Here's a starter for you...

Blisterwort, wheat and/or butterfly wings... (just two will do it)

Your right, Heavy + Sneak are counters. You make more noise in Heavy than Light.

But you look SOOOOO much cooler in Heavy, and can Melee better (Melee Sneak Archer = Sneak, Get off First Shot, Stand, Punch in Face with Bowhand or Mace, Shoot, Rince Repeat).
    I'll be honest, I had you pegged for a dual wield character from the get go

Jets Insider VIP
    At first I just started randomly mixing crap together, wasting valuable ingredients. But like the total nerd that I am, I have the guide at home which lists all ingredients and their effects.

I can't see this page because it's blocked at work...but all of TES wiki guides are pretty good -

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy_%28Skyrim%29

I also forgot to mention that if you have an iphone or droid, do a market search for 'skyrim' (I have an android phone) there is a pretty extensive kickass game guide on there for free.

It makes for good reading material in the can too, especially if you're stuck on something.