Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: < \ ~ + ~ { The Skyrim Thread } ~ + ~ / >

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    And who wants to sit at a desk to play a game? Would rather sit on my couch.
    This is also true

Jets Insider VIP
    +1000000

I am terrible at enchanting. I just fukced up one of my weapons by enchanting it it with a 1% protection against fire... 1%

This says so much about the poor and limited controls inherant in a console, I have to thank you for posting it.

You are correct, a couch is more comfortable than even a high end Computer chair. However, when I game I don't steal the big TV from my wife either (+1 for PC!), thus lowering the dreaded "Wife Aggro." that limits many men's gaming time.

And really, gaming without the fine control of a keyboard + mouse interface.....it's like eating filet ignon with a 40 pound rock club. Sure, you'll figure out a way, but it will big the clumsy and inaccurate way.

Naaa, all jokes aside, PC is my preference because of controls, upgradeabillity, seperation form the house's TV, multi-purpose use (Internet, work, Excel, file storage, etc as well as gaming) and a superior product generally (PC versions of most games > Console Versions of same, although that IS changing these days).

But whatever floats yoru boat works for me, I'm just glad gaming has become a mainstream hobby for adult men, and I'm not a geeky loser anymore....oh, who am I kidding.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    ...when I game I don't steal the big TV ...
    Gotcha

That changes when you have kids...because then the PC is the hot media commodity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I am terrible at enchanting. I just fukced up one of my weapons by enchanting it it with a 1% protection against fire... 1%

I don't have this down to an exact science....but if you come across any item (either apparel or jewelry) that aid in Alchemy OR Enchanting - definitely hang onto them.

For me it all starts with Alchemy - you can create a 'Fortify Enchanting' potion (which will usually be something like 'for 60 seconds items enchanted are 8% stronger' etc) Create as many of those as you can.

If you have any items that help make Enchanted items better, wear them and also drink one of the potions you made before you start. Having larger soul gems (Grand, Greater, etc) will also make your item better.

You can rename your stuff too, if you didn't know what. My stuff sucks, like I rename stuff like 'Swordy Sword of Sordid Swordiness' LOL

Fish Im with you but I dont want to be the one to take the PC away from the wife...she can't live without teh Failbook But we have like 6 tvs in the house, luckily for me the one hooked up to my PS3 is the biggest one.

25 years of starting at computer screens does wonders for a mans vision, so I definitely need the big screen to game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Gotcha

That changes when you have kids...because then the PC is the hot media commodity.

ROFL

So true.

My wife came home from food shopping the other night, and the 6 year old is on My Little Pony.com on the desktop, my 8 year old is using my laptop for Youtube videos, and my fat arse is playing Skyrim on the big TV ...

I have a nice big captain kirk chair in the living room and the big screen and play on the xbox. I used to be a die hard pc gamer but do the console thing more often now.

I remember how totally pathetic and useless I was with the xbox controller with my first xbox game or two.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    ROFL

So true.

My wife came home from food shopping the other night, and the 6 year old is on My Little Pony.com on the desktop, my 8 year old is using my laptop for Youtube videos, and my fat arse is playing Skyrim on the big TV ...
    lol...

ever get someone crying because of the dreaded "Unable to stream. Netflix is open on too many devices" yet?

It's nuts. My 2 1/2 year old can navigate Youtube already...learned it from his 4 y.o. sister. I actually watched the little bugger climb onto the chair, click the Chrome icon, clicked on the youtube bookmark and then typed "ABC" into the search bar and watched a Sesame Street song.

My father has a harder time using the internets. Kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You can rename your stuff too, if you didn't know what. My stuff sucks, like I rename stuff like 'Swordy Sword of Sordid Swordiness' LOL
    Wait, what? You can?

I did not know that. I'd ask how it's done but...console Argh! I wionder hwo it's done on PC or if it can be done.

Fish Im with you but I dont want to be the one to take the PC away from the wife...she can't live without teh Failbook
    Ha! Thats funny.

But we have like 6 tvs in the house
    Only one in mine, just me and the wifey afterall and I spend more time on the PC than on the TV.

25 years of starting at computer screens does wonders for a mans vision, so I definitely need the big screen to game.
    27 in. flatscreen monitor running at 2000+ by 1900+ screen res!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    By the way, embarrassing Skyrim story I haven't mentioned yet...

I was over 80 hours into the game before I knew that I could sprint. It wasn't until I completely the Companions mission in my second game (quit the 1st one) and I became a warewolf that I tried to sprint like a youtube video I saw and figured it out.

I walked a lot more than I had to...
    You think that's embarrassing? I just found out how to use the arrows on the quests and everything. I'm knocking out crap out of the miscellaneous ones now.

You think that's embarrassing? I just found out how to use the arrows on the quests and everything. I'm knocking out crap out of the miscellaneous ones now.

Nice!

I'm about to turn my phone off and have a marathon. I think I can avoid getting drug to the grocery store and if that's the case, I'll get at least 16 hours in.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Nice!

I'm about to turn my phone off and have a marathon. I think I can avoid getting drug to the grocery store and if that's the case, I'll get at least 16 hours in.
    I'm still a little messed up from the surgery, I have at least another week off from work and I can't sleep at nights. I started on 1/20 and it's 2/4 level 35

How you making out AGAW?

How you making out AGAW?
    Few small breaks but still goin strong.

Ive done so much and absolutely none of it amounts to anything involving a large quest line.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am so all over the place it's not even funny.
    The problem is late at night I'd get stoned as hell and usually pick something completely random.

Or I will pick some quest that has been outstanding for a long time, and then I am determined to finish it....that is until I find some random cave or ruins that takes me an hour to get through.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Skyrim Valentine's Day Cards LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    So I finished harvesting all 30 Crimson Nirnroot from Blackreach....not nearly as many enemies as I thought there would be down there.

Anyway, I took one of those 'lifts' all the way back out to Skyrim, but then I returned back right away. Since it was snowing outside at the top of the mountain I exited from....when I went back down to Blackreach it was snowing inside

Here are some crappy cell phone pics

Part of the allure of this game is some of the glitchiness, I have to admit....never a dull moment!

(PS I already know that I need a life)