Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Does the US Health System need to be changed?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=exit9JetsFan;4251252]Limping, f-n limping as a kid. Just because some one does not have $500 dollars, in the best, greatest country in the world.

That's not "catastrophic" scenario?

Sometimes it's best to shut ta **** up, dude.[/QUOTE]

Do you even hear yourself? There are people dying all over the world (including this country) and you're getting worked up over a limp? CATASTROPHIC???!!!

Thank you for making it so easy I don't even have to defend myself . . .:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4250724]Uhhh... That is still insurance. And that is still insurance the gov't requires you to buy.

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_653_4FsTEfc/TAj-seVQQeI/AAAAAAAAA_M/v_8JmXwL61E/s400/HolyFacepalm.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

You don't get it, do you? It is not to cover damage to YOU, it is to cover damage for YOUR terrible driving and irresponsibility for damagong another vehicle or injuring another person.
    If you want health coverage for yourself, BUY it. Can't afford it? Get a better job. Or don't buy that new LCD TV or go to Disney. Personal responsibility.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;4248129]I agree on the overuse of technology and pharma, and the reality is that is often because of gov't guidlines which frame insurance reimbursement (and also the aforementioned desire to cover ones arse in case of a lawsuit by doctors using every test available to prove they did everything possible).

But the reality is in the Canadians who cross the border to pay cash for procedures and surgery because they are on a 5 year waiting list. Or the Irish who pay for private insurance for the same reason. Or the British men who don't receive treatment for prostate cancer because it was diagnosed too early.[/QUOTE]

Canadian dealing with very serious health issue for the past 3 years. Over that time 4 major operations, 27 chemo treatments, 12 ct scans, etc, etc, etc. Total costs would be in the millions, wait times were no longer than 3 weeks for any issue. I know for a fact that serious health issues are treated here as they should be. Sure some people wait in less serious cases but I would prefer that to spending another 8 billion dollars to make sure that judy gets her tummy tuck in less that 2 weeks or bob gets his birthmark removed in less than 10 days. Nothing is perfect but the Canadian health care system is far from broken.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;4256857][B]Canadian dealing with very serious health issue[/B] for the past 3 years. Over that time 4 major operations, 27 chemo treatments, 12 ct scans, etc, etc, etc. Total costs would be in the millions, wait times were no longer than 3 weeks for any issue. I know for a fact that serious health issues are treated here as they should be. Sure some people wait in less serious cases but I would prefer that to spending another 8 billion dollars to make sure that judy gets her tummy tuck in less that 2 weeks or bob gets his birthmark removed in less than 10 days. Nothing is perfect but the Canadian health care system is far from broken.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that