Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: **Black Friday Thread**

  1. #21
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    FYI - sale at apple.com

    I think this is the only day of the year that Apple itself puts things on sale.

    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hol...ckFriday-DayOf

    Maybe I replace my iPad.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    love it, but very easy to eat through the battery charge
    not sure if that was your first android OS phone but one of the things you can do to save some battery life is ensure all the stuff that you don't need is actually closed or not running. there are so many tasks that you forget stuff is running in the background.

  3. #23
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,174
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    FYI - sale at apple.com

    I think this is the only day of the year that Apple itself puts things on sale.

    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hol...ckFriday-DayOf

    Maybe I replace my iPad.
    lolzenges!

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    love it, but very easy to eat through the battery charge
    All good 4G phones are like that unfortunately. Like the other poster said, just shut down the programs you aren't using when you have a chance. Try advanced task killer on the android market.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    All good 4G phones are like that unfortunately. Like the other poster said, just shut down the programs you aren't using when you have a chance. Try advanced task killer on the android market.
    Asked a friend a question on how to save battery life yesterday and he told me to download this app. Works very well and is an essential must-have since there is no other way to get around the sh!tty battery life of all smartphones

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,965

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218


    All you iPhone/iPad/iPod users, go get yourselves an Apple TV. It's only $99, it's an awesome device, idiots.

    SAR I

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    7,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I'll pay retail to avoid the unwashed.
    Best. Response. In. Thread!

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    5,093
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's like a poor-man's iPad launch. They get the thrill of waiting overnight for a lame $199 42" HDTV so they can experience what the rest of us do to plunk down $769 on something innovative and new.

    SAR I
    Jebus you're a commission salesman's wet dream. Early adopters are five times the suckers Black Friday moo cows are. You're paying 3 to 4 times what the product will go for in a couple of months to have the version with all the bugs they haven't figured out yet. Pay triple price to be a defacto beta tester.

    Oh, wait. It also needs it's own dedicated set of snow tires.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 11-25-2011 at 09:19 PM.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Jebus you're a commission salesman's wet dream. Early adopters are five times the suckers Black Friday moo cows are. You're paying 3 to 4 times what the product will go for in a couple of months to have the version with all the bugs they haven't figured out yet. Pay triple price to be a defacto beta tester.

    Oh, wait. It also needs it's own dedicated set of snow tires.
    Being among the very first to experience a technological breakthrough is an elite thing to do.

    Being among the very last to experience what everyone else experienced 5 years ago is a pedestrian thing to do.

    If you want to call those who listened to the first live performance of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony or attended the first viewing of Van Gogh's Vase With Fifteen Sunflowers "beta testers", you go right ahead. They were, in fact, attendees to history.

    SAR I

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Being among the very first to experience a technological breakthrough is an elite thing to do.

    Being among the very last to experience what everyone else experienced 5 years ago is a pedestrian thing to do.

    If you want to call those who listened to the first live performance of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony or attended the first viewing of Van Gogh's Vase With Fifteen Sunflowers "beta testers", you go right ahead. They were, in fact, attendees to history.

    SAR I
    apple is behind the times the past few years. I'll take google tv. thanks.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    5,093
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Being among the very first to experience a technological breakthrough is an elite thing to do.

    Being among the very last to experience what everyone else experienced 5 years ago is a pedestrian thing to do.

    If you want to call those who listened to the first live performance of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony or attended the first viewing of Van Gogh's Vase With Fifteen Sunflowers "beta testers", you go right ahead. They were, in fact, attendees to history.

    SAR I
    Buying anything off the shelf, no matter what you pay for it, pretty much guarantees you are very far from being among the very first to experience a technological breakthrough.

    Comparing an original piece of music or even moreso a painting to a first gen piece of technology does not strengthen your case.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 11-25-2011 at 10:24 PM.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    apple is behind the times the past few years. I'll take google tv. thanks.


    Google TV? LOL. Good luck trying to find one. Like the HP Tablet, that Google piece of junk failed hard and fast, was liquidated almost the moment it hit the Best Buy shelves. Good thing Logitech is big enough as it could have taken them under.

    Apple TV isn't special because of it's (yawn) Netflix interface or (yawn) YouTube streaming. What makes it a no-brainer for $99 is that it allows you to stream your iTunes library to your audio system while using your HDTV as the interface. Awesome for parties (music Playlists), movies/TV shows (iTunes rentals), home movies (720p iPhone HD video), and photos (slideshows of your pics).

    Like I said, if you've got an iPhone/iPad/iPod and an extensive and organized media collection in iTunes, getting an Apple TV will be the best gift you can get/give. You don't need to configure it. Just plug it in, your computer sees it as another iOS device.

    SAR I

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Don't forget your pepper spray!


    Black Friday takes ugly turn at Los Angeles Wal-Mart: Shopper pepper sprays crowd to get deals, 20 injured

    The suspect began shooting the pepper spray when the coverings of items she wanted were removed, police said

    BY Aliyah Shahid
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Friday, November 25 2011, 7:30 AM


    Daniel Acker/Bloomberg
    Shoppers vie for copies of video games at a Black Friday sale at a Wal-Mart Stores Inc. store in Mentor, Ohio, U.S., on Thursday. Mayhem broke out at a Wal-Mart in Los Angeles on Thursday night when a customer pepper sprayed a crowd to prevent shoppers from getting items she wanted, police said.


    Black Friday took an ugly turn at a Los Angeles Wal-Mart when a female shopper -desperate to get her hands on discounted electronics-pepper sprayed a crowd to keep them away from the merchandise she wanted.
    At least 20 shoppers suffered minor injuries and police are still looking for the woman.
    The melee began shortly after 10:20 p.m. Thursday as shoppers prowling for Black Friday deals were let inside the store.
    The suspect began shooting the pepper spray when the coverings of items she wanted were removed, according to police.
    "Somehow she was trying to use [the pepper spray] to gain an upper hand," police Lt. Abel Parga said.
    Witnesses described the frenzied scene to the Los Angeles Times, describing how shoppers-gone-wild tore down video game displays, trampled merchandise and shoved each other for the deeply-discounted goods.
    "People started screaming, pulling and pushing each other, and then the whole area filled up with pepper spray," Alejandra Seminario, 24, told the newspaper.
    After the competitive shopper unleashed the chemicals, Seminario said she began to cough and her face began to itch.
    "I guess what triggered it was people started pulling the plastic off the pallets and then shoving and bombarding the display of games. It started with people pushing and screaming because they were getting shoved onto the boxes," she added.
    Despite the chaos, the store remained opened and those not affected by the pepper spray continued to hunt for bargains.
    "I don't care," Nakeasha Contreras, a 20 year old who arrived after the incident, told the Times. "I'm still getting my TV."
    With News Wire Services



    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1eivN80SB
    I live 5 minutes from this store. I heard the spray-wielding b*tch actually got her X-Box and paid for it w/o further incident! How the hell could that have happened???

  15. #35
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I live 5 minutes from this store. I heard the spray-wielding b*tch actually got her X-Box and paid for it w/o further incident! How the hell could that have happened???
    I thought this was pretty much par for the course in LA....I was surprised it was even reported.

  16. #36
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I thought this was pretty much par for the course in LA....I was surprised it was even reported.


    "NBC Breaking News - With thousands of people piling into a local Walmart in Los Angeles for Black Friday, we are getting reports of three shoppers without pepper spray. We have a crew racing to the scene. Stay tuned for details."

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    5,093
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    "NBC Breaking News - With thousands of people piling into a local Walmart in Los Angeles for Black Friday, we are getting reports of three shoppers without pepper spray. We have a crew racing to the scene. Stay tuned for details."
    It's essentially a food product.

  18. #38
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    or attended the first viewing of Van Gogh's Vase With Fifteen Sunflowers "beta testers", you go right ahead. They were, in fact, attendees to history.

    SAR I
    Really bad example as no one even looked at VG's work until well after his death and I would imagine seeing it now will be pretty much the same as viewing it in 20 years,

  19. #39
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

    Don't roll your eyes at me young man. Steely Dan's Black Friday is get out of work, grab a beer, drive down the highway banging on the steering wheel and hit the weekend running good times music. Oh sure, you could get some self-important pretentious band to play it at 1/3 tempo, in a minor key, and get some whining vocalist a la Mick Jagger on "Angie" to moan out the lyrics, and then some people could listen to it while sitting in darkened rooms cleaning their fingernails with a 12" Bowie knife whilst thinking of ways to slowly kill football board moderators, but then I think it might lose a tiny bit of its happytime feel-goodedness. No?

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I live 5 minutes from this store. I heard the spray-wielding b*tch actually got her X-Box and paid for it w/o further incident! How the hell could that have happened???
    Other shoppers were obviously too busy getting the waffle iron for $2.98 or they were too scared. I would have stomped the *****

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us