Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre or Chad Pennington for OC?

Rookie

Brett Favre or Chad Pennington for OC?

:eek: They'll eventually coach somewhere in the NFL. Why not be the JETS.Thoughts??

Favre will never coach, he's a player and nothing more

Pennington wants to coach high school, not NFL

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't see Farve ever coaching.

But I still maintain that Pennington could potentially make a great OC or maybe even HC one day. To me the only thing that kept Chad from becoming a great QB was his unfortunate run in with some serious injuries that left him with some overbearing physical limitations. I think a lot of people forget just how awesome Pennington looked in 2002 and in the 2nd half of 2003 when he came back from the wrist injury. I remember even Madden comparing him to Joe Montana when we played the Raiders in the regular season in '02.

The guy was regularly mentioned alongside Peyton as the smartest QB in the league and best playaction passer in the league. The phsyical limitations are what held Pennington back. The dude definitely knows the ins and outs of the QB position and how to run an offense. You can't deny his leadership or incredible work ethic and determination to overcome so many devestating shoulder injuries either.

If Chad seriously wanted to coach then I'd axe Cavanaugh and give him the QB coach position with no hesitation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Hell no x 2

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4250144]Favre will never coach, he's a player and nothing more

Pennington wants to coach high school, not NFL[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Favre may do some stuff with his local high schools but I don't think he will coach.

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4250145]I don't see Farve ever coaching.

But I still maintain that Pennington could potentially make a great OC or maybe even HC one day. To me the only thing that kept Chad from becoming a great QB was his unfortunate run in with some serious injuries that left him with some overbearing physical limitations. I think a lot of people forget just how awesome Pennington looked in 2002 and in the 2nd half of 2003 when he came back from the wrist injury. I remember even Madden comparing him to Joe Montana when we played the Raiders in the regular season in '02.

The guy was regularly mentioned alongside Peyton as the smartest QB in the league and best playaction passer in the league. The phsyical limitations are what held Pennington back. The dude definitely knows the ins and outs of the QB position and how to run an offense. You can't deny his leadership or incredible work ethic and determination to overcome so many devestating shoulder injuries either.

If Chad seriously wanted to coach then I'd axe Cavanaugh and give him the QB coach position with no hesitation.[/QUOTE]

Penningtons problems/limitations resulted from talent problems. If he wants to coach, he needs to start working his way up the ranks with a QB coach job probably his first step.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Heineken08;4250127]:eek: They'll eventually coach somewhere in the NFL. Why not be the JETS.Thoughts??[/QUOTE]

Favre is a tool.

Pennington is an unknown; will he be hired for the X's & O's on his charts, or because his intangibles are off the charts?

Stay tuned. :rolleyes:

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4250151]Hell no x 2[/QUOTE]

Then there's that.

All League
    Brett Favre a coach? LOL.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Pennington already got a sweet gig as a game day analyst. He's not taking a pay cut to be a coach. Favre never has to work a day in his life.

Dumb thread. Debating dumping.

Jets Insider VIP
    Chad will make triumphant comeback next year. He should start it in NY and bachup Sanchez. When we add a pass rusher next year, we will have an elite d again. And if sanchez struggles, we can go to Chad. With our d, Chad can lead this team if Sanchez faulters.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4250176]Chad will make triumphant comeback next year. He should start it in NY and bachup Sanchez. When we add a pass rusher next year, we will have an elite d again. And if sanchez struggles, we can go to Chad. With our d, Chad can lead this team if Sanchez faulters.[/QUOTE]

i'm so angry at your post i just sharted :mad:

Favre coach?? Really??:eek: That has to be the..... WOW I am not even going to say it.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4250153]I agree.

Favre may do some stuff with his local high schools but I don't think he will coach.[/QUOTE]

After the penis texting incident, I don't think high schools will be lining up to employ Mr. Favre.

No to Favre.

I think Chad would make a great OC, but he'll never come back to the Jets.

What of the most innocent of Schottenheimer's victim's, Kellen Clemens? He knows all he has to do is the opposite of what he was taught, amirite?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4250144]Favre will never coach, he's a player and nothing more

Pennington wants to coach high school, not NFL[/QUOTE]

+1 on favre

pennington wants to coach HS, cause he doesn't want any one else to be better then him:P

Favre is not coaching material!

[QUOTE=Heineken08;4250127]:eek: They'll eventually coach somewhere in the NFL. Why not be the JETS.Thoughts??[/QUOTE]

Face it Favre couldn't explain why you turn a hamburger over! ( much less motivate) . Longevity does not equal ability to coach- if that were the case Marino would be a head coach instead of a headcase that he is.

Pennington needs to work his way up ( not in the booth, where he is). He is a pretty bright guy , which is why he was kept around long after he became the "noodle- arm".

Instead of them , how about Testaverde, joking!!!! We need to find a bright oc assistant and give him a go:yes::yes:

I'll take anyone at this point. Favre, Pennington, Sturger. Anyone is better than little Bri Bri.

All League

Why not? Because attempting reckless and /or logic defying passes is not a sound offensive philosophy.