Thread: No NFL on Black Friday?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

No NFL on Black Friday?

Between the chaos of Thanksgiving and the crap of Black Friday, I would suspect more people than normal would be home on in the evening on Black Friday.

With all the reruns on, I would think the NFL would have a prime time game on the NFL Network.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I second this notion. A game tonight would be great.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961 made it illegal to broadcast professional football on Fridays and Saturdays during the high-school and college football season.

So, you're going to have to write your congressmen if you want a legislative change.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL games should be played on Sunday (and one on Monday). Period.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty of football on today even though its college, but still fun to watch. This is a great weekend and four straight days of watching live games, whats to complain about here?

:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4250195]Plenty of football on today even though its college, but still fun to watch. This is a great weekend and four straight days of watching live games, whats to complain about here?

:D[/QUOTE]

Last night, the Mighty and Beloved Texas Longhorns sent the traitorous and pathetic Texas A&M Saggies off to the SEC with another loss (76 of them) as the 100+year old rival ended. Great way to spend the night. Next year, the Aggies are going to start learning that 10th fiddle in the SEC isn't such a great place to be.

After that, the only non-bowl remaining college game that really interests me is the Army-Navy greatness.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4250190]NFL games should be played on Sunday (and one on Monday). Period.[/QUOTE]

The NFL Owners and Players want to make more money. The best way to do that is to have games on other nights and sell separate packages.

I'm hoping the NFL avoids an 18-game season. The best way to do that would be a full Thursday night schedule. I bet that happens in the next 3 years.