Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 TDS

22 TDS

With all that is being said about Sanchez and Schotty, Sanchez is on pace to throw 22 TDS. That ties him with Favre as the highest TD total under Schotty. So, Sanchez is doing as well as Schotty's offense has ever done. With this type of history, they will extend him another 5 years.

[QUOTE=red75bronco;4250181]With all that is being said about Sanchez and Schotty, Sanchez is on pace to throw 22 TDS. That ties him with Favre as the highest TD total under Schotty. So, Sanchez is doing as well as Schotty's offense has ever done. With this type of history, they will extend him another 5 years.[/QUOTE]

The rewarding of mediocrity within this organization has to stop!!

[QUOTE=red75bronco;4250181]With all that is being said about Sanchez and Schotty, Sanchez is on pace to throw 22 TDS. That ties him with Favre as the highest TD total under Schotty. So, Sanchez is doing as well as Schotty's offense has ever done. With this type of history, they will extend him another 5 years.[/QUOTE]

True, but I don't know if, after the way Sanchez looked last game, that extrapolation is the best way to project how many TD's and INT's Sanchez will ultimately end up with. Right now it seems more likely that he'll throw 22 picks, and maybe 16 TD's when it's all said and done. But I guess that's the fun of the final 6 games, we get to see...

The point is, that at no time under Schotty has anyone threw more than 22 TDs and less than 17 ints until Sanchez threw last season. If Sanchez plays decent and gets 23 tds he will have both of Schotty's records for his offense. This is how sad this is, but most people expect a 3rd year starter to have Brady numbers even though a HOF couldn't.

[QUOTE=hatnlvr;4250185]The rewarding of mediocrity within this organization has to stop!![/QUOTE]

I really believed this would stop after Hess met the Reaper and Woody bought the team. Now, I see Woody as just another wealthy, incompetent functionary who owns the Jets. One day, I hope he finds the balls to explain to us fans why he gave up so easily at getting us our own stadium, and--more importantly--the real reason why Brain Schottenheimer was kept on the payroll as OC for so long.

Personally, it won't matter in my life any more. I am, right now, giving Woody and the idiots who comprise our "management team" a hearty double bird right to their faces. (Said slowly and with feeling to the aforementioned Woody and Jets Brass): "F**k you."

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4250242]I really believed this would stop after Hess met the Reaper and Woody bought the team. Now, I see Woody as just another wealthy, incompetent functionary who owns the Jets. One day, I hope he finds the balls to explain to us fans why he gave up so easily at getting us our own stadium, and--more importantly--the real reason why Brain Schottenheimer was kept on the payroll as OC for so long.

Personally, it won't matter in my life any more. [B]I am, right now, giving Woody and the idiots who comprise our "management team" a hearty double bird right to their faces[/B]. (Said slowly and with feeling to the aforementioned Woody and Jets Brass): "F**k you."[/QUOTE]

Or does this describe the way you feel??
    [IMG]http://www.watchersweb.com/submissions/knzh831322191758/kyxpf1322191758.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4250186]True, but I don't know if, after the way Sanchez looked last game, that extrapolation is the best way to project how many TD's and INT's Sanchez will ultimately end up with. Right now it seems more likely that he'll throw 22 picks, and maybe 16 TD's when it's all said and done. But I guess that's the fun of the final 6 games, we get to see...[/QUOTE]

If 22 picks means we'll be rid of Schitty once and for all then so be it. Some pain is necessary in surgery...

People can use statistics to prove anything. 70% of people know that.

I don't care how many TDs he throws. I am sick of stupid decisions and how much our offense has sucked. We can't consistently move the ball. Last year was a different story. We have regressed because no one is scared of Shonn Greene and our terrible Right Tackle Wayne Hunter.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4250294]People can use statistics to prove anything. 70% of people know that.

I don't care how many TDs he throws. I am sick of stupid decisions and how much our offense has sucked. We can't consistently move the ball. Last year was a different story. We have regressed because no one is scared of [B]Shonn Greene and our terrible Right Tackle Wayne Hunter[/B].[/QUOTE]

OMG

22 TDs is not a lot.

Then again, I don't know why we keep expecting big numbers out of the passing game in Schotty's offense. He's only had 8 games with 300 passing yards and he's more than halfway through his 6th year (Sanchez has 5 of them). He's only had 7 games with 3 or more passing TDs (Sanchez has 4).

On the flip side, there have been 28 games where our QB has thrown multiple INTs under Schotty (10 by Sanchez). I'd put money on that being the worst in the NFL over that period of time. We're not the only team that's had bad QBs. That's a flaw in the scheme.

consider the quality of the opponents we are facing over the next 6 games, I think sanchez should probably overshoot the 22 TD's he's on a pace for making this season

He threw 20 TD's in his first season when he was "handcuffed" and "playing it safe". I don't see 22 as some big improvement.

That being said, if the O-line could give him a little more time, I think he would be able to show his true potential.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4250399]22 TDs is not a lot.

Then again, I don't know why we keep expecting big numbers out of the passing game in Schotty's offense. He's only had 8 games with 300 passing yards and he's more than halfway through his 6th year (Sanchez has 5 of them). He's only had 7 games with 3 or more passing TDs (Sanchez has 4).

On the flip side, there have been 28 games where our QB has thrown multiple INTs under Schotty (10 by Sanchez). I'd put money on that being the worst in the NFL over that period of time. We're not the only team that's had bad QBs. That's a flaw in the scheme.[/QUOTE]

Agree 22 is not a lot. That is the point. This has to be the highest risk, lowest reward offense I have ever seen. It looks just like 06.

[QUOTE=J.D.;4250427][B]He threw 20 TD's in his first season when he was "handcuffed" and "playing it safe". [/B] I don't see 22 as some big improvement.

That being said, if the O-line could give him a little more time, I think he would be able to show his true potential.[/QUOTE]

In what alternate timeline did this occur?

He threw 12 TDs his first year, and 17 TDs last year. Most of that improvement was the result of an increase in pass attempts. This year, he's actually been throwing TDs at a significantly higher rate than he did in his first 2 years.

When do we start seeing FIRE SCHITTY banners hanging from the upper decks? Surprised the fan reaction hasn't been more vocal at the games, everything seems confined to the Interdnet. He's certainly descerving of a large banner and loud, organized, spontaneous [B]FI-URR SCHOT-TY clap clap clap[/B] chants.

All League
    and 10 of the 22 will be thrown to the other team

[QUOTE=JB1089;4250432]In what alternate timeline did this occur?

He threw 12 TDs his first year, and 17 TDs last year. Most of that improvement was the result of an increase in pass attempts. This year, he's actually been throwing TDs at a significantly higher rate than he did in his first 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that was 20 INT's, not TD's. Wishful thinking I guess.

No more drinking and blogging for me. :coocoo:

Jets Insider VIP
    5-5 - the only stat that matters...

[QUOTE=lolepop;4250439]5-5 - the only stat that matters...[/QUOTE]

Yup. :yes:

What's the stat for pick 6's?