Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Von Miller FINED $25K for hit on Sanchez

Von Miller FINED $25K for hit on Sanchez

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/11/broncos_lb_von_miller_fined_25.html[/url]

Proof the refs suck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Chump change to a guy making $20 million.

2nd player to be fined for hitting him on a non call...

Pay the **** attention during the game. These fines mean nothing...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Our defensive guys need to start retaliating.

Veteran
    They also need to fine the ref for missing the call. Maybe they'll get their heads out of their asses and get it right the first time if you hit them in the wallet.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4250205]Our defensive guys need to start retaliating.[/QUOTE]

How? None of the Jets' defenders can get close to the QB, let alone illegally drill them like Miller did.

But Bart Scott can talk some mean trash :rolleyes:

Our OL needs to start retaliating its thier job to protect Sanchez.

All Pro
    Von Miller was asked about the hit before this was announced, he said 'I'm just doing my job, if I'm fined so be it, I'll continue to do it.' Paraphrasing. So no, it will not have any effect. The refs should be disciplined.
    [QUOTE]

During his visit to [I]NBC SportsTalk[/I], Miller said he’s not worried about
    getting fined, ultimately summing up his views on the situation with this gem:
    “Shoot first and ask questions later.”
    [/QUOTE]

Link to video

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/18/von-miller-unfazed-about-possible-fine/[/URL]
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 11-25-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Practice Squad
    The incentive money he made for being defensive player of the week probably more than covered the fine.

Hall Of Fame

I agree. Teams tee off on Sanchez.

Harris and Scott need to start spearing some cats.

Sanchez has to start *****ing to the refs on every single play and then look back at them and point ala Tom the fairy to get the calls.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4250234]Sanchez has to start *****ing to the refs on every single play and then look back at them and point ala Tom the fairy to get the calls.[/QUOTE]

He makes hand gestures all the time, basically saying 'WTF?'. He's also pretty vocal to the refs, he's always around them when they huddle for a penalty.

Truth is, only the elite QBs (Brady, Rodgers, Manning when healthy) get the calls on a consistent basis. Sanchez has been **** on by the refs all season long.

Jets Insider VIP
    If it was Brady, Miller would have been hit with a personal foul, ejected Suh style and been suspended

proof that the amateur insurance salesmen masquerading as officials need to be replaced and professionalized

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4250209]Our OL needs to start retaliating its thier job to protect Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

The OL need to get nasty/rediscover its roots and start bludgeoning people properly. Hunter esp must establish dominance early in games, pancake passrushers/DL etc

is this really a big deal. getting fined for helmet to the chest is a joke. this game is becoming soft.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jackhuntr;4250207]They also need to fine the ref for missing the call. Maybe they'll get their heads out of their asses and get it right the first time if you hit them in the wallet.[/QUOTE]

Trouble with that is it'll just encourage flags on every play; it's bad enough as it is.

Veteran
    It's complete bull****. I fear for Sanchez's life everytime he gets hit. I guess he needs to put up 30 TD's in a season or win a superbowl before these plays will be flagged. I laughed at Vick when he *****ed about it in his post game interview but after seeing Sanchez eating helmets week in and week out I can't help but think these refs are blatantly retarded.

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

Definitely a cheap shot but in the old days QBs like Namath use to get hit like that all the time & it wasn't hardly ever called. Ben Davidson of the Raiders was the biggest cheap shot artist of that era, and I believe he broke Namath's jaw on a shot after he had thrown the ball.

Qb's today have it made compared to the old timers.

All Pro
    They also need to find the ref who miss the holding call on the Tebowe TD run in the last min. rip off.

Id rather have Von miller on my team than Mark Sanchez ... Any day of the week. None of our guys play with that kind of hunger anymore. This years team looks soft and tentative.