Thread: Simmons on Eric Smith

Simmons on Eric Smith

The Mole Award, given out to the player who seems most like he's secretly working for the other team (this year: Eric Smith)

Simmons just doesn't know football Eric Smith is an excellent safety..just ask Rex.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He doesn't dog it out there, he's just too slow and unathletic to cover anyone

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4250287]He doesn't dog it out there, he's just too slow and unathletic to cover anyone[/QUOTE]

Smith has to go but in fairness to him there isnt a safety in the league than can cover Gronkowski man-to-man. I blame Rex and Pettine for a poor scheme.

Eric Smith is Scott Frost...just with a coach who actually tells everyone he's good.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4250291]Smith has to go but in fairness to him there isnt a safety in the league than can cover Gronkowski man-to-man. I blame Rex and Pettine for a poor scheme.[/QUOTE]

People keep bringing this up, but Eric Smith hasn't covered anyone successfully since last year......Wake up people, it's not just the Patriots game, he has been a joke all season

For a national writer to rip on him this bad, well, that's all you need to know

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4250330]People keep bringing this up, but Eric Smith hasn't covered anyone successfully since last year......Wake up people, it's not just the Patriots game, he has been a joke all season

For a national writer to rip on him this bad, well, that's all you need to know[/QUOTE]

I want to get rid of Smith as much as anybody but he has not been as bad as we think. Teams just do a good job at exploiting him b.c he is the weakpoint in the secondary.

I am all for replacing him as long as the Jets can get someone who is as good in the run game and as good as a tackler. I don't want a safety that can cover but is non existent in the run game.

And before anyone mentions it . . . I know safety is a pass first position.

[QUOTE=Astoria;4250327]Eric Smith is Scott Frost...just with a coach who actually tells everyone he's good.[/QUOTE]

This.

Rookie
    I try so hard not to read this site. I wish I had more will power.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jasper17;4250418]I try so hard not to read this site. I wish I had more will power.[/QUOTE]

lolz - u and me both pal!!!