Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Simmons on Eric Smith

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,932

    Simmons on Eric Smith

    The Mole Award, given out to the player who seems most like he's secretly working for the other team (this year: Eric Smith)

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Simmons just doesn't know football Eric Smith is an excellent safety..just ask Rex.....

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,260
    He doesn't dog it out there, he's just too slow and unathletic to cover anyone

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He doesn't dog it out there, he's just too slow and unathletic to cover anyone
    Smith has to go but in fairness to him there isnt a safety in the league than can cover Gronkowski man-to-man. I blame Rex and Pettine for a poor scheme.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,124
    Eric Smith is Scott Frost...just with a coach who actually tells everyone he's good.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Smith has to go but in fairness to him there isnt a safety in the league than can cover Gronkowski man-to-man. I blame Rex and Pettine for a poor scheme.
    People keep bringing this up, but Eric Smith hasn't covered anyone successfully since last year......Wake up people, it's not just the Patriots game, he has been a joke all season

    For a national writer to rip on him this bad, well, that's all you need to know

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,207
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    People keep bringing this up, but Eric Smith hasn't covered anyone successfully since last year......Wake up people, it's not just the Patriots game, he has been a joke all season

    For a national writer to rip on him this bad, well, that's all you need to know
    I want to get rid of Smith as much as anybody but he has not been as bad as we think. Teams just do a good job at exploiting him b.c he is the weakpoint in the secondary.

    I am all for replacing him as long as the Jets can get someone who is as good in the run game and as good as a tackler. I don't want a safety that can cover but is non existent in the run game.

    And before anyone mentions it . . . I know safety is a pass first position.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Eric Smith is Scott Frost...just with a coach who actually tells everyone he's good.
    This.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    894
    I try so hard not to read this site. I wish I had more will power.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    I try so hard not to read this site. I wish I had more will power.
    lolz - u and me both pal!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us