Thread: Nick Moody, Safety Florida State

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Nick Moody, Safety Florida State

6'2" 225lbs. Junior.

Have watched a bunch of their games this year and this kid has everything the Jets need. He's big, fast and agile. Good cover skills and a great tackler. Hard hitter.

If he comes out early the Jets should take a serious look.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-25-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    6'2" 225lbs. Junior.

Have watched a bunch of their games this year and this kid has everything the Jets need. He's big, fast and agile. Good cover skills and a great tackler. Hard hitter.

If he comes out early the Jets should take a serious look.
    Ehh, Moody's not that fast. He'll most likely run in the 4.6s.

He's also been extremely unproductive against the run and pass - that leads me to believe he'll stay in school. The other FSU safeties, Lamarcus Joyner and Terrance Parks, are having better years.

FSU cornerback Xavier Rhodes is a hell of a prospect, but I'm not sure he'll come out either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

He looks faster than 4.6. And Rhodes is a good looking prospect. The entire team is full of young talented guys. Jimbo has done well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

He looks faster than 4.6. And Rhodes is a good looking prospect. The entire team is full of young talented guys. Jimbo has done well.
    Florida State does have a lot of young talent. They'll be a force in the ACC for the next few years.

I like to think that game speed is more important than timed speed, but Moody is a package player at FSU for a reason. I think he'll take Parks' spot opposite Joyner next year though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we all agree that we have a defense that can win a SB. The questions, despite needing a few upgrades on D, are on the offensive side of the ball. Therefore, I hope the Jets would add a TE in FA (Jermichael Finley comes to mind) and a rb (Rice or Hillis). Then in the draft WR and OL help.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I think we all agree that we have a defense that can win a SB. The questions, despite needing a few upgrades on D, are on the offensive side of the ball. Therefore, I hope the Jets would add a TE in FA (Jermichael Finley comes to mind) and a rb (Rice or Hillis). Then in the draft WR and OL help.
    Salary Cap will prevent the Jets from building an All-Star team.

That said, I would drop Keller in a second for Finley. I find it hard to believe that the Packers won't try to lock him up. But they are going to have a lot of contracts to do. Rodgers is going to want a new deal, Clay Matthews, Tramon Williams and Jennings to name a few. They arent going to be able to keep them all.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Salary Cap will prevent the Jets from building an All-Star team.

That said, I would drop Keller in a second for Finley. I find it hard to believe that the Packers won't try to lock him up. But they are going to have a lot of contracts to do. Rodgers is going to want a new deal, Clay Matthews, Tramon Williams and Jennings to name a few. They arent going to be able to keep them all.
    I think they let Finley walk, he's a luxury for them with their WR Corp. I think they found their replacement in this past draft with either DJ Williams or Ryan Taylor(they impressed enough to keep them along with the 3 other TEs on GB), Williams being more of the receiving threat.

I wouldn't want him here as a TE2 though, he is a very pedestrian blocker. He would have to be replacing Keller as TE1, but in that case, the Jets would still have to find a blocking TE to go with him...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Guerilla Glue View Post
    I think they let Finley walk, he's a luxury for them with their WR Corp. I think they found their replacement in this past draft with either DJ Williams or Ryan Taylor(they impressed enough to keep them along with the 3 other TEs on GB), Williams being more of the receiving threat.

I wouldn't want him here as a TE2 though, he is a very pedestrian blocker. He would have to be replacing Keller as TE1, but in that case, the Jets would still have to find a blocking TE to go with him...
    Undersized Tackle = Blocking TE. There are a plethora of them. Just have to coach them up a little.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an FSU student, I don't put too much stock in Nick Moody. He was benched for Lamarcus Joyner due to his poor range and missed assignments. He is good for a big hit now and then, but he's awful in coverage.

As for current Seniors, I think Nigel Bradham would be worth a look in rounds 3-4. He's a great athlete that plays with a mean streak, but will probably fall due to off the field stuff.

Brandon Jenkins is a great player, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in school for another year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets904 View Post
    As an FSU student, I don't put too much stock in Nick Moody. He was benched for Lamarcus Joyner due to his poor range and missed assignments. He is good for a big hit now and then, but he's awful in coverage.

As for current Seniors, I think Nigel Bradham would be worth a look in rounds 3-4. He's a great athlete that plays with a mean streak, but will probably fall due to off the field stuff.

Brandon Jenkins is a great player, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in school for another year.
    I thought he was out with a concussion.

Based on what everyone has said I guess the handful of games I have watched of him must have been his best games.

That FSU looks loaded. Jimbo has done a nice job.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our defensive line is set to run the ACC for the next 3-4 years. There are going to be a lot of NFL players coming out of FSU soon.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I go to FSU as well and Nick Moody is fricken terrible. The player we want out of FSU in the next couple years is Bjoern Werner. That kid is a heck of a player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    its not a great year to be looking for a free safety. 2013 will be full of studs.