Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If The Jets Lose to The Bills This Sunday...

If The Jets Lose to The Bills This Sunday...

Will the Jet playoff run, and basically the season itself, be over?
    Will it cause a shake-up in players and/or coaching staff?
    Will the "window for success" during the Rex Ryan era begin to close?
    Will the Jets draft a QB to compete with Sanchez?
    Will Santonio Holmes begin to complain even more?
    Will it mark the creeping return of the SOJ?
    Will the fanbase become apathetic and find other things to do on Sundays?
    Will you cry? :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;4250500]Will the Jet playoff run, and basically the season itself, be over?
    Will you cry? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yes, definitely.
    Won't know until end of season.
    No.
    No.
    Probably.
    Won't know until end of season. Only applies if they lose out.
    Some will, most won't.
    Probably.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;4250500]Will the Jet playoff run, and basically the season itself, be over?

Y
    N
    N
    Y
    N
    Y
    Y

Will certain Jets fans start clamoring for Limo Lady's favorite player to be brought back? :P

Veteran
    If the Jets lose to the Bills this sunday....

I'll take my penis, saw it off with a dull butter knife, shove it down my throat, puke it halfway up while keeping it inside my mouth, hop into my car, drive down a very specific road at 80 mph, scream "LET'S GET A GOD DAMN SNACK!", and enjoy the view as I drive off a beautiful cliff with my own cock in my throat til I smash into the ground in a burst of flames even Matt Mulligan couldn't block in his prime.

That's what I would do...

Practice Squad
    The Jets "season" was over when they lost at home to the Pats. Showing that moreso by laying another egg against the Broncos. The casket is already closed. Losing to the Bills just puts the nails in it. All of us would like to see them win the next 6 games. But that is unlikely with a team that doesn't play 4qrts of football.

[QUOTE=PENJET;4250530]The Jets "season" was over when they lost at home to the Pats. Showing that moreso by laying another egg against the Broncos. The casket is already closed. Losing to the Bills just puts the nails in it. All of us would like to see them win the next 6 games. But that is unlikely with a team that doesn't play 4qrts of football.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is a refreshing breath of fresh air. The rest of the league has figured out Ryan, Pettine's defenses and Schottenheimer's always been 'old' news. Signing him to an extension was a really bad idea. This team has peaked and will continue to mire in 'averageness'. :(

All Pro
    am gonna go with #4 compete with franchez. no wait a sec
    we already have a QB on IR that can compete with Sanchez.

Of course it will be disappointing but, if or when, the Jets are officially eliminated, and that still remains a big fi, then and only then will I waive the white flag on this season only.

In the larger picture, I like the direction this franchise is on. Maybe we will need to take a step back to eventually win a SB. But so many other franchises have done the same. When Rex was hired we still were learning how to win. His (and Tanny) track record deserves the benefit of any doubt.

Hall Of Fame
    I will start rooting for draft picks.

5-11 all the way baby.

[QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;4250500]
    [B]Will the Jet playoff run, and basically the season itself, be over?[/B] Yes
    [B]Will it cause a shake-up in players and/or coaching staff?[/B] No
    [B]Will the "window for success" during the Rex Ryan era begin to close?[/B] No
    [B]Will the Jets draft a QB to compete with Sanchez?[/B] No
    [B]Will Santonio Holmes begin to complain even more?[/B] Maybe
    [B]Will it mark the creeping return of the SOJ?[/B] Only for ignorant fans
    [B]Will the fanbase become apathetic and find other things to do on Sundays?[/B] No
    [B]Will you cry? :eek:[/B] No, but I will be pissed.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Jets Insider VIP

The JETS will not lose against the Bills. I support the team and refuse to indulge in more DOOM and GLOOM talk with the resident naysayers! The Jets will win. Write it down!:yes:

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4250565]The JETS will not lose against the Bills. I support the team and refuse to indulge in more DOOM and GLOOM talk with the resident naysayers! The Jets will win. Write it down!:yes:[/QUOTE]

I agree the Jets will win.

As a matter of fact, I'm relatively confident that we will win the next 3 games and go to 8-5. To me the Eagles & Giants games will determine the season. At worst we can split those games and probably get in. If we win both I feel very confident that we will get in.

We cannot lose anymore AFC games.

Hall Of Fame
    Even if they win out they could still miss the playoffs, so how is losing 1 or 2 of these games getting the Jets in.

we'll all be miserable...well except Bing in Buffalo

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;4250500]Will the Jet playoff run, and basically the season itself, be over?............... Most likely, but it's pretty much over now.
    Will it cause a shake-up in players and/or coaching staff? ..........At season end.
    Will the "window for success" during the Rex Ryan era begin to close?................ He has 3 more years, the team is far from it's potential.
    Will the Jets draft a QB to compete with Sanchez? ..............We have greater needs.
    Will Santonio Holmes begin to complain even more?................... Shut up whiny beyotch.
    Will it mark the creeping return of the SOJ?................... Will always be SOJ, till a Trophy is won.
    Will the fanbase become apathetic and find other things to do on Sundays?.................... What fanbase?
    Will you cry? :eek:[/QUOTE] Till a Trophy is won.

[QUOTE=Mike D;4250571]Even if they win out they could still miss the playoffs, so how is losing 1 or 2 of these games getting the Jets in.[/QUOTE]

IMO the Bengals, as well as various other 5-5 teams, are not going to win out.

10-6 should qualify for the last playoff spot. However, we cannot lose another conference game.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4250592]IMO the Bengals, as well as various other 5-5 teams, are not going to win out.

10-6 should qualify for the last playoff spot. However, we cannot lose another conference game.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Conference games are critical. Since we dont play the Bengals and already lost to the Ravens its important to win the conference games. I think it all comes down to the Dolphins game. Could very well be a win and your in scenario.

If we lose, I will be devistated. I am expecting us to win the next 3 and be 8-5 going to Philly. I am not preapared for the season to be over which it would be. How could we lose to the Bills? They suck and are on a 3 game road trip. Jets will romp

[QUOTE=The Ego Trip;4250518]If the Jets lose to the Bills this sunday....

I'll take my penis, saw it off with a dull butter knife, shove it down my throat, puke it halfway up while keeping it inside my mouth, hop into my car, drive down a very specific road at 80 mph, scream "LET'S GET A GOD DAMN SNACK!", and enjoy the view as I drive off a beautiful cliff with my own cock in my throat til I smash into the ground in a burst of flames even Matt Mulligan couldn't block in his prime.

That's what I would do...[/QUOTE]

That's funny...
    I was thinking of doing the exact same thing...:D