Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Buy= Worst Buy?

I still want to know which Best Buy opened up at Noon on the biggest shopping day of the year.

[QUOTE=Mike D;4250859]I still want to know which Best Buy opened up at Noon on the biggest shopping day of the year.[/QUOTE]

Stga Springs, NY

Maybe they didn't want to deal with all the animals that camp out three days earlier to get in line for Black Friday in order to save $2 on a DVD?

Hey stop it, Rocky Balboa on Dvd for 99 cents was well worth the wait!

I purchased LCD TVs from both BestBuy and PCRichard and I can tell you PCRichard is a pleasure to deal with when it comes to a TV repair uder warranty.

All Pro
    In Oregon you can cancel any form of insurance/extended warranty at any time and they have to rebate the unused portion.

I would cancel the extended warranty.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4250783]Amex gives you a free double warranty when you use their card.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;4250786]Also, Costco gives free extended warranties and I found their people to be good.[/QUOTE]

And those warranty extensions can be linked.

So buy Electronics at Costco using Amex Card and get:

1st year Manufacturer's Warranty
    2nd Year Costco Warranty
    3rd Year Amex Warranty

All League
    The Hampur is like the proverbial box a chocolates...never know what you're gonna get. A guy can post an urgent message asking for legal or medical advice about an imminent emergency and he is heartlessly mocked into oblivion while a post about a volume issue with a new TV and Best Buy customer service aggravation rallies the hamp- masses with advice and offers to help...lolz.

:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=SAR I;4250577]It's not the oldest trick in the book.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Uh yeah....I was trying to go with an "input" joke - I don't know a goddamn thing about tvs or fixing them.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4250990]The Hampur is like the proverbial box a chocolates...never know what you're gonna get. A guy can post an urgent message asking for legal or medical advice about an imminent emergency and he is heartlessly mocked into oblivion while a post about a volume issue with a new TV and Best Buy customer service aggravation rallies the hamp- masses with advice and offers to help...lolz.

:D[/QUOTE]

Humanity at its finest!

That, and I'm pretty much a JI legend by now:yes::D;)

All League
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4251205]Humanity at its finest!

That, and I'm pretty much a JI legend by now:yes::D;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, or the deaf guy in the Hamper.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;4251212]Yes, or the deaf guy in the Hamper.[/QUOTE]

I'm on my iPad and I accidentally hit your name which brought up your profile. Apparently some guy named "fartlighter" has been checking you out. I thought you should be aware of that. :D

Gotten out on the course lately?

[QUOTE=crasherino;4251204]Uh yeah....I was trying to go with an "input" joke - I don't know a goddamn thing about tvs or fixing them.[/QUOTE]...no sense of humour...massive sense of self...

Jets Insider VIP
    A friend of mine worked at Best Buy back when Xbox 360s were hard to get and he put one on the side for me and gave me his discount on some games. Only thing was I had to buy the warranty because that is where they make their money. I still netted out good though due to the discount.

Some time later I got the classic Xbox ring of death. Walked it into Best Buy with my Warranty receipt (which I can't believe I kept track of) and 10 minutes later I walked out with a brand new one. First and only time a warranty like that worked for me. I guess it all comes down to what you are getting fixed. Obviously my not having to wait for someone to come to my cardboard box helped immensely.