Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: NFL SuperBowl Random drawing?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL SuperBowl Random drawing?

I have a SB tix question. me and my dad won the nfl random drawing for purchasing 2 tix to this years SB. they say they dont announce the location of the tix till jan. are tix from the random drawing the worst tix in the stadium? thanks

danny

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only if you're a nobody (and I don't mean that as an insult). If you're imporant enough or have the money, nothing is a random draw. If you're a regular fan scraping together the money to go to games, it's random. They hold out a few thousand for the peasants to keep them from storming the gates of the castle. Rich people learned long ago that if you completely starve people, the peasants will revolt but if you give them just enough to stay the hunger, they will be satisfied with their misery. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bigdanNJ;4250622]I have a SB tix question. me and my dad won the nfl random drawing for purchasing 2 tix to this years SB. they say they dont announce the location of the tix till jan. are tix from the random drawing the worst tix in the stadium? thanks

danny[/QUOTE]

I won last year. We never found out exactly where the seats were until my dad (who lives in Dallas) picked them up for me a few days before the game. They ended up being in the UD corner endzone pretty high up. Luckily, they weren't the ones that didn't get built in time for the game.

Nevertheless, I sold them on Stubhub for a VERY nice profit. People just want to get into the game and don't really care about pricing. Have you priced hotel rooms for that weekend?

I wanted to go to the game b/c I had a free place to stay and a free car to use (thanks dad), but my newborn made it too hard to leave my wife behind. I am going to keep trying. If I win again, I am going - crappy seats or not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    were the face value the same as this year? we paid $600 a piece. how much did you sell the pair for. we are only going if the jets make it, otherwise were selling

[QUOTE=Digetydog;4250681]I won last year. We never found out exactly where the seats were until my dad (who lives in Dallas) picked them up for me a few days before the game. They ended up being in the UD corner endzone pretty high up. Luckily, they weren't the ones that didn't get built in time for the game.

Nevertheless, I sold them on Stubhub for a VERY nice profit. People just want to get into the game and don't really care about pricing. Have you priced hotel rooms for that weekend?

I wanted to go to the game b/c I had a free place to stay and a free car to use (thanks dad), but my newborn made it too hard to leave my wife behind. I am going to keep trying. If I win again, I am going - crappy seats or not.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bigdanNJ;4250689]were the face value the same as this year? we paid $600 a piece. how much did you sell the pair for. we are only going if the jets make it, otherwise were selling[/QUOTE]

$600 sounds about right for FV. I forgot what we sold them for but I seem to remember netting a profit of about $1000 each from SH.

Note - if you sell through StubHub, you have to hand deliver the ticket to their local site. The reason for the special process is they want to verify you have valid tickets and to provide you with a signed receipt that they have accepted them.