Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sick of all the bandwagners - we got this.

I'm sick of all the bandwagners - we got this.

Seriously, does anyone actually think we'll miss the playoffs? Who gets the six seed over us? The Bengals???

The Bengals will be the biggest second half disappointment this season. They are products of a weak early schedule, and they're only up one game on us. The only thing they have going for them is Baltimore possible resting their starters Week 17, which they might not since the North race is so tight.

Who else? Denver? Yeah right. They got Chicago, NE, SD, Minny, Buffalo - luck runs out. You can't rely on single digit completions. That only works against retarded teams like the Jets who for some reason decided to send a middle blitz and lose contain on Tebow. But teams will catch up. It won't be hard to gameplan against him now, with more tape. He's gonna have to throw the ball eventually.

Tennessee? I'm not even gonna waste time writing up on them. I don't see them going above 8-8.

We're just fortunate that the AFC is unusually weak this year. It helps that the Colts are done and SD is just not the team it used to be. The second WC team will be at best 10-6 (unless we run the table). Or maybe it's just parity.

But you guys will come around. Three game winning streak ahead of us, before we head into Philly. Book it.

I know, I wanted a home playoff game for once too, but that's really just not this team. I'd rather have a team that gets it s**t together in December/January than a team that plays well only in the regular season (see 2000s Colts).

Bengals are actually a decent team. I actually think they would beat the Jets if they played.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4250763]Bengals are actually a decent team. I actually think they would beat the Jets if they played.[/QUOTE]

Really? Revis would just shutdown Green. Besides a strong run defense they're pretty mediocre.

This is the same team that a majority of experts picked to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes before the season started. You have to remember, there isn't an organization run worse than the Cincinnati Bengals. That owner just does not give a s**t.

They will collapse or get exposed. Dalton is just a rookie. C'mon even Palmer in his heyday with the unstoppable Chad Johnson and Housh and Rudi made it to the playoffs just twice - and went one and done both times.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;4250766]Really? Revis would just shutdown Green. Besides a strong run defense they're pretty mediocre.

This is the same team that a majority of experts picked to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes before the season started. You have to remember, there isn't an organization run worse than the Cincinnati Bengals. That owner just does not give a s**t.

They will collapse or get exposed. Dalton is just a rookie. C'mon even Palmer in his heyday with the unstoppable Chad Johnson and Housh and Rudi made it to the playoffs just twice - and went one and done both times.[/QUOTE]

All they would need to beat the JETS is a strong run defense. :yes:

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4250763]Bengals are actually a decent team. I actually think they would beat the Jets if they played.[/QUOTE]

Against Denver, we beat ourselves. If we can somehow eliminate the mistakes (turnovers & stupid penalties) we can beat anyone.

Dalton is going to hit the rookie QB wall. First time he's ever played more than 10 games. They all tend to hit it about now.

Practice Squad
    Dalton after 10 games has more poise in the pocket that Sanchez. He makes Sanchez look like a punk.

[QUOTE]bandwagners[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk[/url]

[QUOTE]band[B][U][COLOR="Red"]wagner[/COLOR][/U][/B]s[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKAH_t0aXA[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Bandwagners? Does this have anything to do with Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood? :dunno:

[QUOTE=Jordy;4250857]Bandwagners? Does this have anything to do with Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

LOL. You can't make this stuff up, Jordy.

For those interested, it's called a band wagon. I would even find the correct term, [I]band-wagoners[/I], awkward. You're better off writing something like, "I'm sick of all the people jumping off the Jets' band wagon".

at this point I really don't see the Jets making the playoffs.The offense is too crappy right now

Maybe they can get it going tomorrow the Bills defense is awful,but i've said that several times over the last 2 years only to see the Jets offense come out and have multiple 3 and outs score 3 points in the 1st half

I have no faith at all in this offense

[QUOTE=Johnny Rico;4250766]Really? Revis would just shutdown Green. Besides a strong run defense they're pretty mediocre.

They will collapse or get exposed. Dalton is just a rookie. C'mon even Palmer in his heyday with the unstoppable Chad Johnson and Housh and Rudi made it to the playoffs just twice - and went one and done both times.[/QUOTE]

This post is terrible on so many levels. While I happen to agree that the Bengals will most likely fade down the stretch, they are a pretty decent team and that cannot be overlooked. But, regarding your post:

"The same team that a majority of experts picked to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes before the season started?"

SO? What does an experts prediction prior to September have to do with the present, when the team is sitting at 6-4? Absolutely nothing. Turns out those "experts" weren't really experts in the end, eh?

"You have to remember, there isn't an organization run worse than the Cincinnati Bengals. That owner just does not give a s**t"

Once again...SO WHAT? Who cares if they have a terrible owner? Back in 04 and 06, most of us weren't exactly thrilled with the job Woody was doing, but we made the playoffs didn't we? How exactly does the owner not caring have a bearing on the final 3/8th of a season when the team is winning?

Whether or not we make the playoffs is anyone's guess with this team's tendency to lose games they should win, but if I had to guess I would say it comes down to the Jets and the Bengals, in which case we might get it by winning 5/6 and Cinci's difficult schedule catches up with them.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4250891]LOL. You can't make this stuff up, Jordy.

For those interested, it's called a band wagon. I would even find the correct term, [I]band-wagoners[/I], awkward. You're better off writing something like, "I'm sick of all the people jumping off the Jets' band wagon".[/QUOTE]

leave my bandwagger alone. I am a proud bandwagger. Wag it at everyone I see.

[QUOTE=Dcat;4250910]leave my bandwagger alone. I am a proud bandwagger. Wag it at everyone I see.[/QUOTE]

LOL! I'm wagging mine wildly at you right now, Dcat. :D

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4250912]LOL! I'm wagging mine wildly at you right now, Dcat. :D[/QUOTE]

seriously, is bandwagning anything like tailgating?

The Jets are better than the Bengals. I have no doubts about that. They played a joke schedule to start the year and are in the process of being exposed.

Andy Dalton has been one of the most over-praised QBs in recent memory. The Bengals defense had been carrying them, while the offense did just enough to win. He's played well for a rookie, but people were actually mentioning him as the reason why they were winning. They had a good defense and played bad teams. That was why they won.

[QUOTE=Johnny Rico;4250757]Seriously, does anyone actually think we'll miss the playoffs? Who gets the six seed over us? The Bengals???

The Bengals will be the biggest second half disappointment this season. They are products of a weak early schedule, and they're only up one game on us. The only thing they have going for them is Baltimore possible resting their starters Week 17, which they might not since the North race is so tight.

Who else? Denver? Yeah right. They got Chicago, NE, SD, Minny, Buffalo - luck runs out. You can't rely on single digit completions. That only works against retarded teams like the Jets who for some reason decided to send a middle blitz and lose contain on Tebow. But teams will catch up. It won't be hard to gameplan against him now, with more tape. He's gonna have to throw the ball eventually.

Tennessee? I'm not even gonna waste time writing up on them. I don't see them going above 8-8.

We're just fortunate that the AFC is unusually weak this year. It helps that the Colts are done and SD is just not the team it used to be. The second WC team will be at best 10-6 (unless we run the table). Or maybe it's just parity.

But you guys will come around. Three game winning streak ahead of us, before we head into Philly. Book it.

I know, I wanted a home playoff game for once too, but that's really just not this team. I'd rather have a team that gets it s**t together in December/January than a team that plays well only in the regular season (see 2000s Colts).[/QUOTE]

+1 For all of the problems this team has turned out to have, there not as bad as other teams, believe it or not.

I never thought they'd miss the playoffs and I'd only believe if I saw it. I figure our final record will be 10-6 and enough for us to get in the playoffs.

The problem is, I do not see us getting to the AFC Championship game again. I figure we are a one and one team.

That's because the issues with this team may not be as bad as others, but still more than enough to prevent us from winning it all.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4250815]Against Denver, we beat ourselves. If we can somehow eliminate the mistakes (turnovers & stupid penalties) we can beat anyone.[/QUOTE]

You can say that about 50% (or more) of the teams in this league.

The bottom line is that the Jets have taken a step or two backward this season while many teams have stepped up. Never say never, but this sure feels like the downswing of a three year run.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4250910]leave my bandwagger alone. I am a proud bandwagger. Wag it at everyone I see.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4250912]LOL! I'm wagging mine wildly at you right now, Dcat. :D[/QUOTE]
    A sausage fest on the bandwagner.