View Poll Results: Work for Woody or Jerry - choose.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would rather work for Woody

19 90.48%
  • I would rather work for Jerry.

2 9.52%

Thread: Settle this TG Day argument: Jerry or Woody?

Settle this TG Day argument: Jerry or Woody?

My cousin said that he would rather work for Jerry Jones than Woody Johnson.

I cannot fathom how anyone would prefer Jones given his temperment, arrogance, pleasure in firing people, and spotty track record since '93.

If you had to work for either man, which one would you prefer?
    Last edited by Schroy48; 11-26-2011 at 12:40 PM.

This poll is useless without pics:

[IMG]http://www.vassconsult.com/images/jerrylewis.bmp[/IMG] or [IMG]http://images2.fanpop.com/image/quiz/362000/362380_1265556821294_335_387.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Jerry seems like he'd pay you more, and is actually a football fan. So him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jerry is a slug

if he were posting here at JI he would probably spend much time starting hideously dumb and irrelevant threads

All Pro
    Parcells took less money to go and work for Jerry, rather than continue to work for Woody.

Parcells knew both men, so I'd base my decision on who the soon to be HOF coach chose.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If you have ideas and ambition, you'd obviously choose Woody because he appears to be a hands-off guy that will allow you to do what you need to do the way you think it should be done. Jerry is a far more effective owner, but it's his way or the highway, so it would be hard to shine in that organization.

[QUOTE=2009fatman;4250920]Parcells took less money to go and work for Jerry, rather than continue to work for Woody.

Parcells knew both men, so I'd base my decision on who the soon to be HOF coach chose.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about continue to work with Woody? Parcells retired after 99 and didn't go to Dallas until 2003. There were a few years of retirement in between Parcells working for Woody and then immediately wanting to take less money to work for Jerry Jones.

As for the OP's question- on one hand it would probably be tougher to work for Jones, but on the other hand it's nice to know that the guy demands performance and accountability, which is a feeling you don't get from Woody, at least outwardly.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4251209]What are you talking about continue to work with Woody? Parcells retired after 99 and didn't go to Dallas until 2003. There were a few years of retirement in between Parcells working for Woody and then immediately wanting to take less money to work for Jerry Jones.[/QUOTE]

Parcells was never retiring, It was all BS.

You don't remember the whole Tampa Bay fiasco with Parcells? Woody was still courting Parcells to become team president of the Jets, even after the NFL stepped in and stopped him from going there. Fact is Parcells wouldn't work for Woody after the contract he signed with Hess was over.

It's easy: Woody. You know you'll never get fired no matter how incompetent you are (see Cross, Jay and Bradway, Terry).

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;4250920]Parcells took less money to go and work for Jerry, rather than continue to work for Woody.

Parcells knew both men, so I'd base my decision on who the soon to be HOF coach chose.[/QUOTE]

And left Jerry for lack of support with T.O and other emotional decisions.

So Dolphins >Cowboys in your mind?
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 11-27-2011 at 10:24 AM.

All League
    did you stay up all night to think of this post? You lost a good night's sleep.

All Pro
    I can't stand Jerry Jones and his Cowboys, I would rather work
    for Woody
    Last edited by TechJet; 11-27-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Really can't think of any reason to work for Jones. Oh, wait I can think of 3!