Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steven A Tells It How It Is About Sanchez...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shevys;4251276]Dude, you are the ultimate one-shtick pony. Do you ever have anything else to say?[/QUOTE]

What a homer you are. Another guy drinking the Kool-Aid 24/7.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shevys;4251277]Wrong. I can't even use the word wrong because it's not strong enough for this nonsense. If Sanchez played anywhere else but in the NY metro area he'd be fine. Poor kid is stuck under a microscope where every single throw, gesture, word or piece of body language is dissected and debated for hours and hours. Josh Freeman or Matt Stafford couldn't survive here for two minutes like Sanchez has. You people need to get a grip, seriously.[/QUOTE]

How many times must someone say something to you until you finally realize it?

The cream rises to the top, no matter what.

The fact of the matter is, Mark Sanchez is the starting QB of the NYJ because he is the best QB on their roster. NOT because he'd be fine in another city.

The fact is, and it is very true, is Rex did not provide himself with any decent competition for Sanchez this season or last. He went with the savvy veteran Mark Brunell that he thought could help develop his young QB. Well, more than half way into Brunell's second season w/ the Jets it's obvious he cannot help Sanchez. Sanchez has very clearly regressed. He is NOT playing even as well as he did last season. That is not only my take but also the vast majority of football fans, including very trusted sources for Jets information like Solomon Wilcots.

I differ from Rex Ryan's post in that I am not ready to get rid of Sanchez. I don't want that. We have too much invested in Sanchez and need to see this thing through the whole way. I support potentially benching him for half a game to see if the better QB play starts to drive him. It clearly isn't driving him right now.

In the offseason, I would support drafting another blue chip prospect to put in competition with Sanchez and McElroy. An open competition where the best man will win the job. That's the way it should ALWAYS be. Not just submit to all of you homers that are willing to make any amount of stupid, frivolous excuses for him.

Don't you want the team to get better?

Right now you are NOT seeing good enough QB play from the NYJ. Sanchez's numbers indicate he is nothing better than just another guy. NOT worthy of the #5 overall pick. CERTAINLY not franchise QB status.

Franchise QB is what the NYJ had been seeking when they drafted Sanchez. They had been counting on Sanchez arriving at that label THIS season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once again, the media overreacting from one week to the next. Vince Young as a backup has been nothing great. The only reason is because the Eagles won last week. Ealrlier this season in a must win for the Eagles, Young came in after a Vick injury to manage the game with a lead. A critical game for the Eagles. His first pass was intercepted and gave the Skins the ball around the Eagles 20. Meanwhile, although they won last week, Young had 3 INTs.

As for Sanchez regressing, with the o-line's play and basically no running game all year from Greene, I am not sure what some of these media analysts are looking at?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4251293]Once again, the media overreacting from one week to the next. Vince Young as a backup has been nothing great. The only reason is because the Eagles won last week. Ealrlier this season in a must win for the Eagles, Young came in after a Vick injury to manage the game with a lead. A critical game for the Eagles. His first pass was intercepted and gave the Skins the ball around the Eagles 20. Meanwhile, although they won last week, Young had 3 INTs.

As for Sanchez regressing, with the o-line's play and basically no running game all year from Greene, I am not sure what some of these media analysts are looking at?[/QUOTE]

Skip Bayless thinks Young should be the starter even when Vick is healthy. I'm telling you. That is the perfect show for the whiny SOJFs around here. Finally a show they can wrap their fragile little minds around.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4251310]Skip Bayless thinks Young should be the starter even when Vick is healthy. I'm telling you. That is the perfect show for the whiny SOJFs around here. Finally a show they can wrap their fragile little minds around.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. If that's true, and I believe you, then Bayless knows less about football than I suspected. what a joke. Vince Young is so overrated. How the Giants lost last week to him is baffling?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetvol1;4251253]wait didn't we have McElroy at the beginning of the season? Didn't the kid look good.

Not sure if he would have been considered viable but they tried to address the backup position.

It's not all on Sanchez to me its mostly on Shotty not coaching him and putting him in th right situations.[/QUOTE]

7th round pick that the jets treat as throw away picks who actually looked better than anyone expected. Then he got hurt. You can hardly think of that as addressing the backup position. Hopefully he comes back next year fully recovered and is ready to go because he might be able to at least be a viable backup.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shevys;4251277]Wrong. I can't even use the word wrong because it's not strong enough for this nonsense. If Sanchez played anywhere else but in the NY metro area he'd be fine. Poor kid is stuck under a microscope where every single throw, gesture, word or piece of body language is dissected and debated for hours and hours. Josh Freeman or Matt Stafford couldn't survive here for two minutes like Sanchez has. You people need to get a grip, seriously.[/QUOTE]

lol, what sheer and utter nonsense. You do realize that Mark Sanchez stepped into the most favorable situation a rookie QB could ever step into right? Top 5 defense, o-line and running game for his 1st two years. I don't think it is too much for fans of the team to expct some real improvement in his game.

The results this year are far from all his fault, no question about that. The front office had a terrible offseason overall.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4250767][url]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7278566[/url][/QUOTE]

Of course he is completely wrong. Sanchez is used incorrectly by our useless offensive coordinator.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4251310]Skip Bayless thinks Young should be the starter even when Vick is healthy. I'm telling you. That is the perfect show for the whiny SOJFs around here. [B]Finally a show they can wrap their fragile little minds around.[/B][/QUOTE]

You're giving most of the Jets fans on this board way too much credit.