Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steven A Tells It How It Is About Sanchez...

[QUOTE=Vin;4250801]Somebody should tell Stephen A. Smith :

"Where the f-ck where you the past two seasons when Sanchez won 4 friggin' playoff games ON THE ROAD?"

I can understand his frustration on the Brunell thing but still....

And the Jets were Successful because they had Holmes *AND* Braylon for Mark to throw to. Many people say otherwise, but I think it's now apparent :

Mark trusted Braylon more than he trusts Holmes, especially when he throws those not-so-accurate passes out there. With Braylon, he didn't need to be accurate; just to throw it in his general vicinity and he'll get it.

OH and Stephen A. should go eat a bag of cheese doodles and go watch the NBA(I heard the lockout was over).[/QUOTE]

Don't leave Cotchery out of that receiver equation. He is missed more that he is given credit for.

Jets Insider VIP
    hopefully now that his beloved carjackers in shorts will be back walking, palming, dunking and brawling again on Christmas Day, Stephen A Stupid can devote himself full time to something other than the NFL

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4251033]Steven A Smith is and has been one of the most annoying people in the media for years.

Unfortunately he is 100% correct in his assessment. Going out of their way to make sure they had no viable backup is the height of stupidity. Heck even forget about the troubles of Sanchez for a moment. What about injury.

The Jets front office paid the price this year because in previous years they were massively lucky not to have key injuries. They have ignored the backup Qb position, kickers and general depth for a number of years. This year it bites them in the ass.[/QUOTE]

We have ignored the backup positions on the OL, reciever, TE, RB and we have no punter. QB is not the only position we dropped the ball. Steve A. said the Jets were dead, DEAD at 2-3, he killed them on the radio. He's an A-hole.

Right on A!!!

A BACKUP

A BACKUP

A BACKUP

A BACKUP

A BACKUP

:steamin::steamin::steamin::steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4250932]Stephen A. Smith = The black Skip Bayless[/QUOTE]

I think those two are an item.

Hopefully now that the NBA is up and running he will focus on that and not pretend like he knows something about football.

BTW he is a Jet fan, just so you guys know. So his frustration plays into his comments.

[QUOTE=sg3;4251097]hopefully now that his beloved carjackers in shorts will be back walking, palming, dunking and brawling again on Christmas Day, Stephen A Stupid can devote himself full time to something other than the NFL[/QUOTE]

Ban and dump perpetrators of racism on JI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=WillieT;4251062]Don't leave Cotchery out of that receiver equation. He is missed more that he is given credit for.[/QUOTE]

You're right. He was DAMN CLUTCH and a friggin' Warrior for us.

Of course, he WANTED to leave so there was nothing we could do about it...HOWEVER, perhaps if Schotty was gone, he would've stayed.....

[QUOTE=Vin;4250801]Somebody should tell Stephen A. Smith :

"Where the f-ck where you the past two seasons when Sanchez won 4 friggin' playoff games ON THE ROAD?"

I can understand his frustration on the Brunell thing but still....

And the Jets were Successful because they had Holmes *AND* Braylon for Mark to throw to. Many people say otherwise, but I think it's now apparent :

Mark trusted Braylon more than he trusts Holmes, especially when he throws those not-so-accurate passes out there. With Braylon, he didn't need to be accurate; just to throw it in his general vicinity and he'll get it.

OH and Stephen A. should go eat a bag of cheese doodles and go watch the NBA(I heard the lockout was over).[/QUOTE]
    Stephen Smith is an idiot, I've no respect for him as a credible authority on anything

[QUOTE=bitonti;4251048]sanchez doesn't get injured. he's not a great passer but he tough as heck.[/QUOTE]

Wha? What a bizarre statement. No QB gets hurt....until they do. I can see rex and tanny talking about this. "Well rex since sanchez has not been hurt bad yet, we can assume he will never get hurt so lets no have any live body backup qb."

And I think you have just jinxed him by your comments. Watch him get carted off tommorrow.

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4251152]Stephen Smith is an idiot, I've no respect for him as a credible authority on anything[/QUOTE]

Did you also hear his comment on "I'm a New Yawker. I root for all the New Yawk teams"? GTFO WITH THAT SH-T, CHEESE-DOODLE MAN!!! :steamin:

All Pro
    Stephan A. knows nothing except for basketball. I remember back in 05 a guy got stabbed during the Sunday night game vs the Saints. His remark waw well the game was boring what else do you expect.

He also said one time that the jets going for a fg on 4th down was dumb. If they went for it on 3rd down and missed it they can try again. schmuck!!

wait didn't we have McElroy at the beginning of the season? Didn't the kid look good.

Not sure if he would have been considered viable but they tried to address the backup position.

It's not all on Sanchez to me its mostly on Shotty not coaching him and putting him in th right situations.

Both Stephen Smith and Skip Bayless said EXACTLY what I said about Sanchez all year long and most of this board finally sees what I see. The rest of you have to get your head out of your arse and stop pretending Mark Sanchez is a good QB. We will likely have to stick with him atleast another year being that we invested 3 years, $$$, and high draft pick that we traded up for... which means another lost year next year and no big game. :steamin: Maybe a guy like J Blackman or T Richardson falls to us so the next guy we draft have some weapons.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4251036]You mean us intelligent beings ... As opposed to all those with their heads buried in the sand.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I meant:rolleyes:. Buyin a car ain't no different. They're in one spot on one block. What a joke

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Rex Ryan;4251260]Both Stephen Smith and Skip Bayless said EXACTLY what I said about Sanchez all year long and most of this board finally sees what I see. The rest of you have to get your head out of your arse and stop pretending Mark Sanchez is a good QB. We will likely have to stick with him atleast another year being that we invested 3 years, $$$, and high draft pick that we traded up for... which means another lost year next year and no big game. :steamin: Maybe a guy like J Blackman or T Richardson falls to us so the next guy we draft have some weapons.[/QUOTE]

Well now you know where to go to find people to agree with you. Maybe you can get a guest spot on the show.

I can't believe everyone is flaming Stephen Smith when Skip Bayless said the exact same thing except Smith was more animated when saying Sanchez sucks. I mean really... did he hurt your feelings or something?

They are saying what the rest of the country thinks of Sanchez. If he was playing for any team other than the Jets we all would be laughing at the team starting Sanchez. We all would be licking our chops if we played Sanchez. Since he's on our team and we drafted him #5 some how its everything else thats wrong with the team and sanchez can't do nothing wrong.

Stop being a bunch of delusional homers. We need an upgrade at QB either by draft or sign a veteran that has a serious chance of being the starter and not have Sanchez as the unquestionable starter. I'm tired of you homers saying "Start McEroy" or "This kid McEroy can be good" I know you homers love over rating players on the team but Geez... If McEroy was playing for another team would you say that he should be the starter for any NFL team? Would you trade for him if he played for another team for him to be our starter? What a JOKE...
    Last edited by Rex Ryan; 11-27-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4250940]I pretty much agree with everything said. The facts is Mark Sanchez has regressed. I do think it is negligent on the part of Rex not to have a decent backup for the team.

Now, we have a young QB who is in desperate need of some motivation and Rex has not provided himself with the tools to motivate Sanchez. I guess I wouldn't say it is criminal on the part of Rex, but it is definitely an area where he dropped the ball.

It's like what I claimed in the Rex vs. BB thread, it's the smaller things where Rex completely drops the ball and it is the reason why Belichick will always be a better HC.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you are the ultimate one-shtick pony. Do you ever have anything else to say?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Rex Ryan;4251263]I can't believe everyone is flaming Stephen Smith when Skip Bayless said the exact same thing except Smith was more animated when saying Sanchez sucks. I mean really... did he hurt your feelings or something?

They are saying what the rest of the country thinks of Sanchez. If he was playing for any team other than the Jets we all would be laughing at the team starting Sanchez. We all would be licking our chops if we played Sanchez. Since he's on our team and we drafted him #5 some how its everything else thats wrong with the team and sanchez can't do nothing wrong.

Stop being a bunch of delusional homers. We need an upgrade at QB either by draft or sign a veteran that has a serious chance of being the starter and not have Sanchez as the unquestionable starter. I'm tired of you homers saying "Start McEroy" or "This kid McEroy can be good" I know you homers love over rating players on the team but Geez... If McEroy was playing for another team would you say that he should be the starter for any NFL team? Would you trade for him if he played for another team for him to be our starter? What a JOKE...[/QUOTE]

Wrong. I can't even use the word wrong because it's not strong enough for this nonsense. If Sanchez played anywhere else but in the NY metro area he'd be fine. Poor kid is stuck under a microscope where every single throw, gesture, word or piece of body language is dissected and debated for hours and hours. Josh Freeman or Matt Stafford couldn't survive here for two minutes like Sanchez has. You people need to get a grip, seriously.

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;4251003]If Sanchez was black, Steven A Smith will blast Jets for not supporting him enough and destroing his promising career.
    The dude is entertaining, but he is a racist.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Stephen A. Sh*t is a reverse racist. If you're black he will defend you to the end. Herm, Isiah Thomas (what a joke) etc.

Wilbon is another one. That guy sucked Donovan McNabb's balls for years non-stop calling him the best QB in the NFL over Manning and Brady.

Oh and he knows NOTHING about football and baseball. He only knows basketball and even his opinions about the NBA are sometimes garbage too.

[QUOTE=djaparz;4251243]Stephan A. knows nothing except for basketball. I remember back in 05 a guy got stabbed during the Sunday night game vs the Saints. His remark waw well the game was boring what else do you expect.

He also said one time that the jets going for a fg on 4th down was dumb. If they went for it on 3rd down and missed it they can try again. schmuck!![/QUOTE]

Stephen A. Phag doesn't even really know that much about the NBA either. He was a huge Isiah Thomas defender the years he ran the Knicks into the ground calling even some of his most asinine moves good.

I remember when the Celtics lost Garnett in the playoffs a couple years ago he said they would still sweep the Bulls. What happened? 7 game series that the Bulls almost won. The guy does not have a clue.
    [B]
    Stephen A. Smith logic = I am loud, therefore I am right[/B]