Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Jets West", Rex, and Woody are all farces

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

"Jets West", Rex, and Woody are all farces

Jets West is always this wonderfully successful thing Sanchez has going on in the off season where he just throws the ball on every down and then goes out to hit on the ladies that evening. The players love it (though Shonne Greene never participates for some reason) But, the whole thing is just a farce. It never translates to a quick offensive start - especially in the passing game. "Jets West" means basically nothing - other than a good time for the players.

Rex: "We will go to the Super Bowl - I believe that". So, Rex, no question marks on either line? Full faith in your QB? No doubt about Greene? Backup plans at QB, TE, CB if those stars go down? Give us a friggin break already. Great coaches tell their players they suck after they win playoff games. Have you figured out why yet Rex?

Woody: MISSING IN ACTION. Call 55I-AMW-IERD (somewhere Leon Hess is smiling)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Schroy you should think about trying that gun in your avatar ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the real Ken Schroy would vomit reading your posts.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4250768]Jets West is always this wonderfully successful thing Sanchez has going on in the off season where he just throws the ball on every down and then goes out to hit on the ladies that evening. The players love it (though Shonne Greene never participates for some reason) But, the whole thing is just a farce. It never translates to a quick offensive start - especially in the passing game. "Jets West" means basically nothing - other than a good time for the players.

Rex: "We will go to the Super Bowl - I believe that". So, Rex, no question marks on either line? Full faith in your QB? No doubt about Greene? Backup plans at QB, TE, CB if those stars go down? Give us a friggin break already. Great coaches tell their players they suck after they win playoff games. Have you figured out why yet Rex?

Woody: MISSING IN ACTION. Call 55I-AMW-IERD (somewhere Leon Hess is smiling)[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this thread/post? The team is 5-5 coming off of back -to-back AFCG the past two years -- the most successful two years in the past 30 and arguably in franchise history. The season is not over by any means. Ok....so we all are disappointed thus far with the record based on our expectations for the season. But the sky is far from falling. Just look at Miami, KC, Cleveland, Washington, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4250768]Jets West is always this wonderfully successful thing Sanchez has going on in the off season where he just throws the ball on every down and then goes out to hit on the ladies that evening. The players love it (though Shonne Greene never participates for some reason) But, the whole thing is just a farce. It never translates to a quick offensive start - especially in the passing game. "Jets West" means basically nothing - other than a good time for the players.

Woody: MISSING IN ACTION. Call 55I-AMW-IERD (somewhere Leon Hess is smiling)[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.peteandrews.net/site/images/CryBaby.gif[/img]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    waaaaaa!

edit: sometimes, Vin and I finish each others...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=stanner;4250789]waaaaaa!

edit: sometimes, Vin and I finish each others...[/QUOTE]

"dinner"?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Conkboy;4250796]"dinner"?[/QUOTE]

...sandwiches. close, though.

i guess Vin's not playing along.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets West T-Shirts are pretty sweet though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex is a very good coach. Sorry because they lost their last two games you are giving up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    IIRC, about half of the Jets West participants this year are no longer with the team.

If I am correct, it would go to explain a large part of why it may not have produced such expectations on game day some believe it should here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I love Rex as a coach ... He does seem to put loyalty ahead of smart football decisions.

1. Shoulda benched Shonn Greene early with his 2.5 a carry.
    2. Should promoted T. Moore to assistant OC.
    3. Shoulda benched Sanchez at least a quarter once he became an interception machine.

He tends to stand by his guys ... Even when they are causing losses by blown assignments and poor play.

I don't miss Mangini, but at least their was an air of responsibility.

How many times is he going piss down our backs and tell us it's raining ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    please advise Schroy48 that IF he starts another thread, he will be permabanned

Respectfully submitted, of course, for the consideration of the terrific moderation team at JI

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=stanner;4250797]...sandwiches. close, though.

i guess Vin's not playing along.[/QUOTE]

I was, ironically, busy eating stuffed pasta shells with mozzarella cheese. Yum!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4250798]The Jets West T-Shirts are pretty sweet though.[/QUOTE]

Not as sweet as these

[IMG]http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2008/0802/postcard_nicaragua_0215.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4250827]please advise Schroy48 that IF he starts another thread, he will be permabanned

Respectfully submitted, of course, for the consideration of the terrific moderation team at JI[/QUOTE]

Translation :

If you mods don't ban that POS, I'm going to throw a tantrum.

You wouldn't like it if I threw a tantrum.

;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4250841]Translation :

If you mods don't ban that POS, I'm going to throw a tantrum.

You wouldn't like it if I threw a tantrum.

;)[/QUOTE]

That would be as dumb as a tantrum over the loss of Weatherford, Cotchery, Smith, D., Coleman, Mason, and especially Edwards.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4250827]please advise Schroy48 that IF he starts another thread, he will be permabanned

Respectfully submitted, of course, for the consideration of the terrific moderation team at JI[/QUOTE]

:)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Equilibrium;4250812]IIRC, about half of the Jets West participants this year are no longer with the team.

If I am correct, it would go to explain a large part of why it may not have produced such expectations on game day some believe it should here.[/QUOTE]

I was about to say.....whatever benefit Jets West would have had was lost when none of our 3 receivers on opening day attended during the offseason. Greene, Tomlinson, and Keller were the only opening day regulars that were there.

Kerley was also there. He proceeded to have a great training camp, and if we're going to rank which receivers Sanchez has the best rapport with, Kerley is behind only Keller.

If we could somehow keep an entire receiving corps together for more than one year, Jets West would have a greater effect.

Maybe Patrick Turner's just not very good, but I'd like to see him get more playing time.