Thread: The Mis-use of Sanchez

The Mis-use of Sanchez

Like the qb before him Mark comes out of the USC system. These qb's are used to a rolling or sprint out qb formation. Keeping Sanchez in the "pocket" makes him throw from an unfamiliar position; hence the uncertainties and many of the mis-reads (interceptions). Other coaches have used their qb from more familiar formations and blocking schemes (Tebow, Vick,Tarkington,Staubach, etc......).
    Check Mark's record on making plays from the pocket vs on the move.

Folks this is where Schotty has the biggest failure. He game plans for a pocket qb and he doesn't have one. Make no mistake if you've got a pocket qb and can protect him you can make hay like a Brady or Manning, but for Ch**T's sake , Sanchez is not a pocket QB!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I get where you are going here but your premise of USC quarterbacks being rollout QBs is way off. The NYJ need to move the pocket around a bit because they can't protect the QB. If our QB can't make plays from the pocket with some protection then we need another one. I want Sanchez to stick around and what I see as his biggest fault is not so much accuracy as finding the open receiver. Too many times I have seen guys one on one or wide open and the ball gets delivered someplace else.

PS... Schotty Sucks!!

Wtf? He's not Mike Vick.

You can't roll out a quarterback every play, just like you can't keep a quarterback in the pocket every play. Just like you can't always get that 16 yard completion on 3rd and 15, sometimes the draw is the best play.

It's called gameplanning and play calling, and it's something we (and by we I mean one person, and his name is Brian) sucks at. It's not about making Sanchez roll out on [B]every play[/B], it's calling plays and formations that put him in position to succeed. I think Brian Schitheim has proven that he is not capable of this.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetliner;4250944]Like the qb before him Mark comes out of the USC system. These qb's are used to a rolling or sprint out qb formation. Keeping Sanchez in the "pocket" makes him throw from an unfamiliar position; hence the uncertainties and many of the mis-reads (interceptions). Other coaches have used their qb from more familiar formations and blocking schemes (Tebow, Vick,Tarkington,Staubach, etc......).

Folks this is where Schotty has the biggest failure. He game plans for a pocket qb and he doesn't have one. Make no mistake if you've got a pocket qb and can protect him you can make hay like a Brady or Manning, but for Ch**T's sake , Sanchez is not a pocket QB!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:[/QUOTE]

how many years has he been in the usc system as opposed to the jets system?

Jets Insider VIP
    Mark needs to run more. When things break down, instead of trying to force the ball, he needs to scramble and pick up 3 or 4 yards. He doesnt run enough and I know he can.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetliner;4250944]Like the qb before him Mark comes out of the USC system. These qb's are used to a rolling or sprint out qb formation. Keeping Sanchez in the "pocket" makes him throw from an unfamiliar position; hence the uncertainties and many of the mis-reads (interceptions). Other coaches have used their qb from more familiar formations and blocking schemes (Tebow, Vick,Tarkington,Staubach, etc......).

Folks this is where Schotty has the biggest failure. He game plans for a pocket qb and he doesn't have one. Make no mistake if you've got a pocket qb and can protect him you can make hay like a Brady or Manning, but for Ch**T's sake , Sanchez is not a pocket QB!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:[/QUOTE]

spot on, good post.

You put Sanchez on a team like the 9ers, with Jim Harbaugh coaching him, and they're a SB team, and a threat to the Packers. The only thing holding the 9ers back right now is Alex Smith.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4250968]Mark needs to run more. When things break down, instead of trying to force the ball, he needs to scramble and pick up 3 or 4 yards. He doesnt run enough and I know he can.[/QUOTE]

They discouraged him from running during his rookie season. Everyone remember that?

[QUOTE=2009fatman;4250985]spot on, good post.

You put Sanchez on a team like the 9ers, with Jim Harbaugh coaching him, and they're a SB team, and a threat to the Packers. The only thing holding the 9ers back right now is Alex Smith.[/QUOTE]

If the Jets played in their laugher of a division they would have 13-14 wins.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You put Sanchez on a team like the 9ers, with Jim Harbaugh coaching him, and they're a SB team, and a threat to the Packers. The only thing holding the 9ers back right now is Alex Smith.[/QUOTE]

+2 Jetliner is right on point..:yes:

Bottom line Sh!tty is the problem. He's here to stay and will be the next Jets
    HC.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4250988]They discouraged him from running during his rookie season. Everyone remember that?[/QUOTE]

Yup, and a very dumb thing that was indeed. Having the QB run does not mean he is going to do stupid things. One of the best ways to slow down a pass rush is to have the QB burn the rush about 2 or 3 times with 7 or 8 yard gains.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4251168]Bottom line Sh!tty is the problem. He's here to stay and will be the next Jets
    HC.[/QUOTE]

I would have laughed at this post a week ago. Now I'm not so sure. Woody is very fond of Schotty, that's been made clear.

Shotty is a joke of an OC. He can't put together 2 good game plans together in row.

Seems to only come up with good ones when he feels his job is on the line.

[QUOTE=Astoria;4250951]Wtf? He's not Mike Vick.

You can't roll out a quarterback every play, just like you can't keep a quarterback in the pocket every play. Just like you can't always get that 16 yard completion on 3rd and 15, sometimes the draw is the best play.

It's called gameplanning and play calling, and it's something we (and by we I mean one person, and his name is Brian) sucks at. It's not about making Sanchez roll out on [B]every play[/B], it's calling plays and formations that put him in position to succeed. I think Brian Schitheim has proven that he is not capable of this.[/QUOTE]
    Good post. God I hate Shoddy's incompetent ways. Hate his cookie cutter game plans. Please sack the bastid and replace with someone who has a clue

I stopped reading at Tarkington

[QUOTE=jetvol1;4251249]Shotty is a joke of an OC. He can't put together 2 good game plans together in row.

Seems to only come up with good ones when he feels his job is on the line.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see Schithead put together 1 good game plan in a row first.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4251177]Yup, and a very dumb thing that was indeed. Having the QB run does not mean he is going to do stupid things. One of the best ways to slow down a pass rush is to have the QB burn the rush about 2 or 3 times with 7 or 8 yard gains.[/QUOTE]

:worship:

Uhh and Sanchez isn't holding the jets back? If sanchez had alex smith numbers we would all be happy. You have the greenest of goggles sir. I wonder how many 49ers fan would take that trade?

The answer is none.

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4251282]I'd like to see Schithead put together 1 good game plan in a row first.[/QUOTE]

good point...This year I think the Bills game was his only good game. the Bills D was completely out of wack....But that's about it.