Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why haven't we picked up

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Why haven't we picked up

another rb??????

LT and Bilal both hurt
    Mcknight- really!!!! the fumbles and the lack of power and blocking
    Greene- playing hurt, but hasn't showed any real ability to be a feature back , this year!!

This means the safety can blitz or help out with coverage.... when was the last Jet pass of over thirty yards (not including rac).. mucho games ago:steamin::steamin::steamin:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering the same dam thing. It seems like theres no sense of urgency here. God forbid another RB goes down we are screwed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows what the hell our FO is doing this year. We still have ~9 mil in cap room according to Tannenbaum at the beginning of the year...wouldn't it be great to sign some proven [I]ST/can play in a pinch[/I] depth with that, rather than use the last 3-4 on the 53 man roster as musical chairs?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    did i miss something. is bilal out for tomorrow?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im real down on Greene. I have been a huge supporter of his, but Im not anymore. With LT out, the bronco game was his time to shine. He was going get get 25 carries and about 5 catches. On his biggest night, he does down like a sack of bricks on a weak hit. He can redeem himself tomorrow, but I have very low expectations.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    who's even available?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=heymangold;4250977]who's even available?[/QUOTE]

Tiki Barber, Larry Johnson ..........................ducks for cover.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But we'll carry 12 DB's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4250967]Im real down on Greene. I have been a huge supporter of his, but Im not anymore. With LT out, the bronco game was his time to shine. He was going get get 25 carries and about 5 catches. On his biggest night, he does down like a sack of bricks on a weak hit. He can redeem himself tomorrow, but I have very low expectations.[/QUOTE]
    Never been a fan. He sulks and moans on the sidelines that he's not getting his touches then when his turn comes up he promptly folds like a cheap tent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=heymangold;4250977]who's even available?[/QUOTE]

I'd give this guy a try:

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/player/tonyhunt/2495636/profile[/URL]

How much worse could he be than what we've got?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether you guys want to admit it or not, Shonn Greene is not the answer at running back. You can't wear down defenses when you can't stay on the field.

He's a complimentary back in a starter's role. A real power back needs to be added in the offseason.

Joe McKnight is fine in LT's role. He most definitely isn't on the same level in pass protection, but he's a capable receiver and he picked up some good yards against Denver last week.

I like the fact that Schottenheimer's using the screen pass more with McKnight.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4251081]How much worse could he be than what we've got?[/QUOTE]

Tony Hunt is a lot worse than would we've got. He hasn't had a carry since 2008.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Powell is listed as probable for tomorrow's game. He'll suit up and get limited carries behind Greene and McKnight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Anton Chigurh;4251088]Bill Powell is listed as probable for tomorrow's game. He'll suit up and get limited carries behind Greene and McKnight.[/QUOTE]

we could have done a lot more with this 4th round choice than powell. he looked awful versus denver and in the preseason. 7 rushes for 11 yards and a fumble on the one. awful.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4251091]we could have done a lot more with this 4th round choice than powell. he looked awful versus denver and in the preseason. 7 rushes for 11 yards and a fumble on the one. awful.[/QUOTE]

I will never judge a player after one season. I'll take the wait-and-see approach with Powell.

Sadly, that's what Tannenbaum and the scouts did when they selected Powell. He only had one consistent season at Louisville.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Anton Chigurh;4251102]I will never judge a player after one season. I'll take the wait-and-see approach with Powell.

Sadly, [B]that's what Tannenbaum and the scouts did when they selected Powell. He only had one consistent season at Louisville[/B].[/QUOTE]
    Exactly what I said in another thread.

One good season against inferior talent (Louisville didn't play ONE top 25 team) and a good Senior Bowl and Tanny's all over him. You think Denarius Moore might have looked good in a Jets uniform?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetliner;4250947]another rb??????

LT and Bilal both hurt
    Mcknight- really!!!! the fumbles and the lack of power and blocking
    Greene- playing hurt, but hasn't showed any real ability to be a feature back , this year!!

This means the safety can blitz or help out with coverage.... when was the last Jet pass of over thirty yards (not including rac).. mucho games ago:steamin::steamin::steamin:[/QUOTE]

ENOUGH with the McKnight hate. The guy seems to be a magnet for silly comments. Most young RBs fumble. Greene still does.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does bringing in a player that is not in game shape or doesn't know the masterminds 6 inch play book help.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Anton Chigurh;4251102]I will never judge a player after one season. I'll take the wait-and-see approach with Powell.

Sadly, that's what Tannenbaum and the scouts did when they selected Powell. He only had one consistent season at Louisville.[/QUOTE]

i try not to too, but i feel pretty confident here. he's very average in everything. small, but not quick enough to be a scat back.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4251117]Exactly what I said in another thread.

One good season against inferior talent (Louisville didn't play ONE top 25 team) and a good Senior Bowl and Tanny's all over him. You think Denarius Moore might have looked good in a Jets uniform?[/QUOTE]

where was he drafted?