Thread: Overall Best time to be a Jet fan for the past 20 years?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall Best time to be a Jet fan for the past 20 years?

Well, we all know our problems, complaints, etc. Is it perfect this year? Hell no. Has it been a great couple of years? Hell Yes.

I have been following the Jets my whole football fan life, which started somewhat late in my teens, but it has still been about 25 years.

I was on the waiting list for about 15 years in the old stadium, until the Jets wanted me to pay $50 a year to continue to wait, so I dropped off.

I went to a good number of games in the old place, and every game except this last one in the new house. (My GF had a motorcycle accident the week before)

So to my point:

Stadium:
    I LOVE the new stadium. The fact that I could buy whatever tickets I could afford makes a huge difference. Are the tickets and PSL expensive? Yes, but it is what the market will bear. We all spend some of our money on wasteful things. My Jets tickets are one of those expenses.

I have seats in the Mezz Club and LL Prime. Both sets are awesome. The LL Prime are field level, right in the action kind of seat. I think a fair price as well. Unfortunately, I have sold almost all of the games this year for those seats, so I only got to sit in them for Cincy pre-season, but w/e.

The Lexus Club seats are great. I am last row, under overhang, and can stand all game with no problems. It is true that there are a lot less screaming yelling fans in my club section, which I wish would change. My seat mate, to my left, and I are the loudest fans in our section, but we are getting people to come on board.

The Club is an amazing place. Tons of TVs, food from the regular fare to Brick oven Pizza, sushi, fresh italian, and more. Couple of bars with top shelf liquor, nice seating, and an overall relaxed atmosphere. Is it worth $150 a game to be there? Personal call, but in my opinion, yes.

Game Day Experience:
    It is great to have actual cheerleaders, in stadium displays showing cool graphics, a stadium that color changes, so we feel at home, rather than a guest in another team's stadium.

All the pregame stuff that the jets and sponsors put out there is awesome.

I have a Fanvision, love the stupid thing. If you don't have one, look into it. It is the 21st century equivalent of the radio you used to hold in the stands.

I do not partake, but there are a good number of alternative food options for people from vegetarian to Kosher and more.

Jets Shop is great. There is always an item on sale for the week, and I usually take advantage. For instance, I picked up a Cro and an LT T-shirt for $15 each one week. Not bad.

Parking and Tailgating:
    I have a green pass, so I can not complain. I go from my seats in the stadium to my couch at home in Jersey City in 30 minutes, and yes, I wait to the end of every game.

We tailgate with a group of people and have an awesome time. Have not had any issue with people getting out of hand drunk, parking in spaces you shouldn't use, etc. Overall, super happy.

Team:
    Back to Back AFC Championship Games. I was at both. Indy was a loss, it happens. Pitt was a no show for 30 minutes. THAT was not cool. This year has been up and down, with a lot of down, but we are still in the hunt and are talked about in the media. It is nice to be a fan of a team that is always in the discussion.

Rex is a good coach. He is entertaining as hell. He has a great defensive mind. I wish he took more ownership of the offense, however.

I do not like our OC.

Westoff for President.

Sanchez, I do think he has the makings of a good QB. HOF? Probably not. Elite? Maybe, maybe not, too soon to tell. Good? For sure. We have all seen the debates, comparisons, etc. I am confident that he is capable of leading the team to the SB within the next 5 years.

Defense? Offense? Both are very good. Both have failings, both play well and then not. Just like a lot of other teams in the league. I think the defense is in good shape for the next few years. A pickup at LB and Safety, and we are solid.

Offense needs to get a little deeper on the line and Sanchez needs some consistency in his receiving corps. We need another RB to push Greene, or replace him, but again, overall, happy with where we are.

Even when we are down, in the SOJ days, you knew we were going to lose. In today's Jets, I always feel like we can make that end of game comeback.

Owner:
    Woody is a better owner than Hess could dream about being. I have shook hands with Woody on several occasions, and all but 1 were in the parking lot at the stadium. He has helped make it easy to be a Jets Fan.

So overall, I like the new stadium, the team, the coaches (minus the OC) and the owner. All give me confidence we will get there in the next few years. I know I will enjoy the experience.

YMMV

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Truth is over the past 10-14 very few teams have enjoyed the success the Jets have. Obviously the Jets have no hardware but they have been a competitive team throughout that stretch. 7 playoff appearances is far from futility. I know Jets fans love to play the "woe, is me" card but during this span it has been unwarranted.

One thing that has overshadowed the Jets success has been the misfortune of sharing a division with one of the best QB/HC combos the NFL has ever seen. Whether they achieved their success honorably or not is an argument for another day.

Things could be a lot worse. Younger Jet fans such as myself have been spoiled compared to what fans of other teams have had to endure.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-27-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4251246]Well, we all know our problems, complaints, etc. Is it perfect this year? Hell no. Has it been a great couple of years? Hell Yes.

I have been following the Jets my whole football fan life, which started somewhat late in my teens, but it has still been about 25 years.

I was on the waiting list for about 15 years in the old stadium, until the Jets wanted me to pay $50 a year to continue to wait, so I dropped off.

I went to a good number of games in the old place, and every game except this last one in the new house. (My GF had a motorcycle accident the week before)

So to my point:

Stadium:
    I LOVE the new stadium. The fact that I could buy whatever tickets I could afford makes a huge difference. Are the tickets and PSL expensive? Yes, but it is what the market will bear. We all spend some of our money on wasteful things. My Jets tickets are one of those expenses.

I have seats in the Mezz Club and LL Prime. Both sets are awesome. The LL Prime are field level, right in the action kind of seat. I think a fair price as well. Unfortunately, I have sold almost all of the games this year for those seats, so I only got to sit in them for Cincy pre-season, but w/e.

The Lexus Club seats are great. I am last row, under overhang, and can stand all game with no problems. It is true that there are a lot less screaming yelling fans in my club section, which I wish would change. My seat mate, to my left, and I are the loudest fans in our section, but we are getting people to come on board.

The Club is an amazing place. Tons of TVs, food from the regular fare to Brick oven Pizza, sushi, fresh italian, and more. Couple of bars with top shelf liquor, nice seating, and an overall relaxed atmosphere. Is it worth $150 a game to be there? Personal call, but in my opinion, yes.

Game Day Experience:
    It is great to have actual cheerleaders, in stadium displays showing cool graphics, a stadium that color changes, so we feel at home, rather than a guest in another team's stadium.

I have a Fanvision, love the stupid thing. If you don't have one, look into it. It is the 21st century equivalent of the radio you used to hold in the stands.

I do not partake, but there are a good number of alternative food options for people from vegetarian to Kosher and more.

Jets Shop is great. There is always an item on sale for the week, and I usually take advantage. For instance, I picked up a Cro and an LT T-shirt for $15 each one week. Not bad.

Parking and Tailgating:
    I have a green pass, so I can not complain. I go from my seats in the stadium to my couch at home in Jersey City in 30 minutes, and yes, I wait to the end of every game.

We tailgate with a group of people and have an awesome time. Have not had any issue with people getting out of hand drunk, parking in spaces you shouldn't use, etc. Overall, super happy.

Team:
    Back to Back AFC Championship Games. I was at both. Indy was a loss, it happens. Pitt was a no show for 30 minutes. THAT was not cool. This year has been up and down, with a lot of down, but we are still in the hunt and are talked about in the media. It is nice to be a fan of a team that is always in the discussion.

Rex is a good coach. He is entertaining as hell. He has a great defensive mind. I wish he took more ownership of the offense, however.

I do not like our OC.

Westoff for President.

Sanchez, I do think he has the makings of a good QB. HOF? Probably not. Elite? Maybe, maybe not, too soon to tell. Good? For sure. We have all seen the debates, comparisons, etc. I am confident that he is capable of leading the team to the SB within the next 5 years.

Defense? Offense? Both are very good. Both have failings, both play well and then not. Just like a lot of other teams in the league. I think the defense is in good shape for the next few years. A pickup at LB and Safety, and we are solid.

Offense needs to get a little deeper on the line and Sanchez needs some consistency in his receiving corps. We need another RB to push Greene, or replace him, but again, overall, happy with where we are.

Even when we are down, in the SOJ days, you knew we were going to lose. In today's Jets, I always feel like we can make that end of game comeback.

Owner:
    Woody is a better owner than Hess could dream about being. I have shook hands with Woody on several occasions, and all but 1 were in the parking lot at the stadium. He has helped make it easy to be a Jets Fan.

So overall, I like the new stadium, the team, the coaches (minus the OC) and the owner. All give me confidence we will get there in the next few years. I know I will enjoy the experience.

YMMV[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000

Thank you for this outstanding thread/post. Nothing else needs to be said. /End thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4251246]Well, we all know our problems, complaints, etc. Is it perfect this year? Hell no. Has it been a great couple of years? Hell Yes.

So to my point:

Stadium:

Game Day Experience:

Parking and Tailgating:

Team:

I do not like our OC.

Westoff for President.

Owner:

YMMV[/QUOTE]

[B]I think the Bible is shorter then this post.[/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The SOJF is a dying breed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We steal Parcells, BB and Martin from the Pats in 97 turn the team around only to fall a game short and have BB split and turn our divisional rival into a 3 time SB winner and perennial division winner.

Some may view this as success, I view it as the ultimate SOJ experience.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4251360]We steal Parcells, BB and [B]Martin[/B] from the Pats in 97 turn the team around only to fall a game short and have BB split and turn our divisional rival into a 3 time SB winner and perennial division winner.

Some may view this as success, I view it as the ultimate SOJ experience.[/QUOTE]

The compiler didn't come till 98 when he wowed us with 3.5 ypc and a dynamic running performance in the AFCCG..;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So to my point:

Stadium:

Game Day Experience:

Parking and Tailgating:

Team:

I do not like our OC.

Westoff for President.

Owner:

YMMV[/QUOTE]

Good to hear the positive and enthusiasm!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4251313]Truth is over the past 10-14 very few teams have enjoyed the success the Jets have. Obviously the Jets have no hardware but they have been a competitive team throughout that stretch. 7 playoff appearances is far from futility. I know Jets fans love to play the "woe, is me" card but during this span it has been unwarranted.

[B]One thing that has overshadowed the Jets success has been the misfortune of sharing a division with one of the best QB/HC combos the NFL has ever seen. Whether they achieved their success honorably or not is an argument for another day.[/B]

Things could be a lot worse. Younger Jet fans such as myself have been spoiled compared to what fans of other teams have had to endure.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Not only has overshadowed our success but has influenced the league to look for the instant solution rather than be patient.

And as for the woe is me for Belichick leaving, it goes back to the question of who created who between Brady and Belichick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4251313]Truth is over the past 10-14 very few teams have enjoyed the success the Jets have. Obviously the Jets have no hardware but they have been a competitive team throughout that stretch. 7 playoff appearances is far from futility. I know Jets fans love to play the "woe, is me" card but during this span it has been unwarranted.

One thing that has overshadowed the Jets success has been the misfortune of sharing a division with one of the best QB/HC combos the NFL has ever seen. Whether they achieved their success honorably or not is an argument for another day.

Things could be a lot worse. Younger Jet fans such as myself have been spoiled compared to what fans of other teams have had to endure.[/QUOTE]

Good post.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

So to my point:

Stadium:

Game Day Experience:

Parking and Tailgating:

Team:

I do not like our OC.

Westoff for President.

Owner:

YMMV[/QUOTE]

Nince, Nice Post:yes:

I think those of us who are long time fans know from 2000 until now has been unknown as far the Jets go. We all know, at least I feel this way, that we are sooooooooo close we can taste it and it makes some us just a little NUTTY:yes:

So thanks for your wise and compassionate perspective;)
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 11-27-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, So many Jet fans here cry like babies even when the Jets win...
    if you actually enjoyed the ride the last couple of years you are settling for mediocrity.....:rolleyes:

Lots of teams would like to enjoy the mediocrity the Jets have in recent years.....As a fan i want the Jets to win the SB every year but i will be damned if i cannot enjoy my team even if we come up short.....

In my personnal life i do not accept mediocrity but find it sort of foolish to not accept meidocrity in something i have no control over......To each their own but i actually like the Jets and enjoy every game.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4251427]
    And as for the woe is me for Belichick leaving, it goes back to the question of who created who between Brady and Belichick.[/QUOTE]

Spying created Brady and Brady created Belichick, but Belichick created spying. Pats get zero credit for Brady. They passed on him five times just like everyone else.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4251536]Spying created Brady and Brady created Belichick, but Belichick created spying. Pats get zero credit for Brady. [B]They passed on him five times just like everyone else[/B].[/QUOTE]

He wasn't even their first pick in the 6th he was their 2nd 6th rd pick the first was DB Antwan Harris..:eek:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are the rest rooms? Clean and conveniently located?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4251548]He wasn't even their first pick in the 6th he was their 2nd 6th rd pick the first was DB Antwan Harris..:eek:[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. They passed on him six times. LOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4251548]He wasn't even their first pick in the 6th he was their 2nd 6th rd pick the first was DB Antwan Harris..:eek:[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000

Also, Brady was riding the bench. If not for Mo Lewis who knows what direction Tammy's career takes. You just have to love how, with time, some like to rewrite history. Tammy said from his own mouth that he cried during the draft and thought about selling insurance for a living.

But Pats trolls would make you believe that Belicheat and NE had some great knowledge over all others, let Tammy slide to the 6th round and then take him. :rolleyes: Afterall, we know what a great talent evaulator Belicheat is! ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4251582]If not for Mo Lewis who knows what direction Tammy's career takes.[/QUOTE]

I think they call that fate. Unbelievable when you really think about it.

If that hit doesn't take place, I really believe we never even hear of Tom Brady.

Makes you think about how many players there probably are that never got a chance.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4251551]How are the rest rooms? Clean and conveniently located?[/QUOTE]

I say yes. I can not speak for everywhere, but as far as Club and LL go, good as it is gonna get. Are they packed at halftime, etc? Of course, but that is a function of how many people are using them.

One thing I have noticed is that there is usually an attendant right there at peak times to handle anything that comes up.

One other nice thing I forgot to mention is all the people around the stadium holding up the "How can I help you?" signs. That is a lot of extra overhead that is there for no other reason than to make the stadium experience more enjoyable. Another example of how Woody has improved the overall experience for fans and visitors.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4251596]I think they call that fate. Unbelievable when you really think about it.

If that hit doesn't take place, I really believe we never even hear of Tom Brady.

Makes you think about how many players there probably are that never got a chance.[/QUOTE]

Belichick has stated many times that Brady outplayed Bledose throughout the 2001 preseason and training camp, and would likely have gotten a shot at starting for the Patriots in that season if they didn't recover from their bad start. Brady wouldn't have fizzled out and become a journeyman QB if Bledsoe hadn't gotten hit.