Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "One read and checkdown" -Aaron Rodgers

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4251508]And when I created this thread weeks ago about how stupid it is for anyone to make this comparison people said "I never see that on this site" ....

The real deal is this .... Rodgers was 6-10 his first season as a starter and that was actually his 4th season as a pro. Sanchez has played thru the fire all this time whlie Rodgers was sitting. Rodgers has attributes Sanchez will likely never have but here's the real reason why this thread is a fail ... .Rodgers has 4 receivers that could easily be other teams #1 or #2 receivers across the board in this league. And thats not even counting Finley who's probably the best receiving tight end right now. Rodgers just floats the ball to him without hesitation and he just catches the ball over whoever is guarding him .... some teams nickel corner mostly and other times he just blows by linebackers. Packers offense overall is just much more talented than ours across the board. I'm not saying Sanchez would put up Aaron Rodgers numbers if he had his exact personnel here as a Jet but I bet it would FAR better than what it is now. Likely close to pro bowl numbers .... James Jones is their #4 receiver and if he was on most teams he'd likely be their 1 or 2 ..... that team is deep.[/QUOTE]

+1

Agree 100%. If I am Tanny, I go after Jermichael Finley in FA as my #1 target. The Jets D is good enough to win a SB. We need to surround Sanchez with as many weapons as possible. Finley at TE for the Jets would be amazing. I like Keller; just not sure he is the answer to invest in when he will be looking to cash in.

Furthermore, look what TEs have done for other young QBs -- Flacco, Ben Roth, Rivers, Eli, Rodgers, Jags, Romo, etc. Keller just doesn't have that impact. It could be due to Schitty's play calling. However, I am of the opinion that Finley is a game changer/play,aker. If the Jets can get him in FA and draft a big physical wr that can stretch the field to add along with Holmes, Plax and Keley, this offense can be very explosive.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4251526]Ya think it was fixed to sell seats in the new billion dollar stadium?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4251549][B][SIZE="4"]Noooooooooo[/SIZE][/B] Come on man, people don't do things for [B][SIZE="2"]MONEY!!!!![/SIZE][/B]:P[/QUOTE]

NFL Football is a business. That was proved by the recent lockout. Sure, Woody would like to win but not for a warm fuzzy feeling, rather for the fact that winning is good for business.

Veteran
    Aaron Rodgers throws the best back-shoulder ball I've ever seen. It is indefensible. That said, my brother noticed a real pattern to the Packer offense. They use the shotgun, often with 3 wide and a TE, and a RB in protection. They usually keep at least 6 in to protect. (Unlike Schitty getting Mark killed with 5 wide and empty). The Pack Receivers run a lot of sideline go routes. Sometimes they continue, other times they stop and Rodgers throws that brilliant early ball to the back shoulder. Rodgers just picks out the man coverage. The reason guys like Rodgers and especially Brady are so strong in the shotgun is they often have an idea where to go before the snap. Mark doesn't and has just about 2 seconds to decide because of the protection.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 11-27-2011 at 12:57 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4251412]Aaron Rodgers can go into a coma for 5 years, wake up, get out of bed and be a better QB than Sanchez even if Sanchez played with the All-Madden team.

Like comparing apple to bowling balls.[/QUOTE]

You're smart...wait a minute...How do you know that? You're not smart at all. You're just using sarcasm to make yourself seem smart. Good work keep it up.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4251574]Aaron Rodgers throws the best back-shoulder ball I've ever seen. It is indefensible. That said, my brother noticed a real pattern to the Packer offense. They use the shotgun often, with 3 wide and a TE, and a RB in protection. They usually keep at least 6 in to protect. (Unlike Schitty getting Mark killed with 5 wide and empty). The Pack Receivers run a lot of sideline go routes. Sometimes they continue, other times they stop and Rodgers throws that brilliant early ball to the back shoulder.[/QUOTE]

We don't use that play, and we damn well don't keep extra guys in to protect. That would be too easy. How would Shotty get any credit for that?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4251575]You're smart...wait a minute...How do you know that? You're not smart at all. You're just using sarcasm to make yourself seem smart. Good work keep it up.[/QUOTE]

And you are a Rhodes Scholar for figuring that out all by yourself.

Good boy.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4251508]And when I created this thread weeks ago about how stupid it is for anyone to make this comparison people said "I never see that on this site" ....

The real deal is this .... Rodgers was 6-10 his first season as a starter and that was actually his 4th season as a pro. Sanchez has played thru the fire all this time whlie Rodgers was sitting. Rodgers has attributes Sanchez will likely never have but here's the real reason why this thread is a fail ... .Rodgers has 4 receivers that could easily be other teams #1 or #2 receivers across the board in this league. And thats not even counting Finley who's probably the best receiving tight end right now. Rodgers just floats the ball to him without hesitation and he just catches the ball over whoever is guarding him .... some teams nickel corner mostly and other times he just blows by linebackers. Packers offense overall is just much more talented than ours across the board. I'm not saying Sanchez would put up Aaron Rodgers numbers if he had his exact personnel here as a Jet but I bet it would FAR better than what it is now. Likely close to pro bowl numbers .... James Jones is their #4 receiver and if he was on most teams he'd likely be their 1 or 2 ..... that team is deep.[/QUOTE]

6 & 10 with 63 plus completion percentage over 4,000 yards 28TD's and 13 INT's in his first year as a starter.

Betting Sanchez would be better with better personal doesn't explain why he is a mistake machine and is inaccurate passer. Rodgers throws to the back shoulder Sanchez throws to hit the side of a barn.