Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "One read and checkdown" -Aaron Rodgers

"One read and checkdown" -Aaron Rodgers

OK, let me say that Mark IS NOT as good as Aaron Rodgers. Let me repeat that: Sanchez is NOT AS GOOD as Aaron Rodgers.

However:

When I watch they play I think that they have similar play styles and strengths. And the GB offense maximizes his potential and he is having an all time season at QB. GB has just the right blend of play action, rollouts and short drops to keep their QB protected and make plays. You do not see them going 5 wide over and over again or running endless slants or having every receiver do a 4 yard curl.

In fact, on almost every play GB has receivers at three levels in the secondary which gives me opportunities for an open receiver since they are not bunched.

But here is the most important thing. On every play, GB has a checkdown receiver. Every one. And Mayock said the Rodgers this year on a play that is not broken looks for one read and then checks down immediately. Well if it is good enough for Rodgers why is it not good enough for Sanchez?

Sanchez does throw a lot of short passes but they are mostly designed that way so the opposing defense compresses the field. GB stretches the field looks for the shot then takes the checkdown which is open for positive yardage since the safeties are covering players deep.

When I watch GB I see the offensive philosophy we should be using for our QB. Instead we force Sanchez into an offense that just does not work for him and actually gives him less options to be safe than the "wide open" GB offense. Many of Sanchez' mistakes are simply because of the design of the play and the fact that we are so predictable.

It is truly frustrating to watch. Sanchez is much better than he looks he is being held back by being in a system completely wrong for him. As GB shows you can be more aggressive throwing the ball by being more conservative in your game calls and providing an outlet. We just leave Sanchez on an island then crucufy him when he makes a mistake.

All Pro
    Rodgers has a stronger arm, quicker release, but most importantly, he's WAY more accurate than Sanchez.... And obviously he's miles ahead in terms of development.

I understand what you're going for, but comparing Sanchez to the MVP of the league is silly.

[QUOTE=Austin;4251379]Rodgers has a stronger arm, quicker release, but most importantly, he's WAY more accurate than Sanchez.... And obviously he's miles ahead in terms of development.

I understand what you're going for, but comparing Sanchez to the MVP of the league is silly.[/QUOTE]

I didn't. I compared their systems and the fact that the best passer in the NFL is in a system that provides a conservative option every play, and that avoids situations that put the QB in a bad situation.

All Pro
    This is where I think we miss Braylon more than we realise - last year we used him deep and it helped open up the offense. Mark didn't need to be too accurate, as he adjusted well and fought for the ball, often turning an INT into merely an incompletion. And if the worst happens, an INT 30 yards downfield is a lot better than at the line of scrimmage.

Aside from the obvious (arm strength, accuracy, height), the biggest difference between the two is vision. Rodgers makes decisions based on what he sees from the defense. Sanchez still decides where the ball is going before he leaves the huddle way too often.

Now, Rodgers is a freak in terms of how good he is at this. But Sanchez is far below average at this aspect of the game, which is why his numbers vs blitzes are so poor.

Hall Of Fame
    Aaron Rodgers can go into a coma for 5 years, wake up, get out of bed and be a better QB than Sanchez even if Sanchez played with the All-Madden team.

Like comparing apple to bowling balls.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;4251373]OK, let me say that Mark IS NOT as good as Aaron Rodgers. Let me repeat that: Sanchez is NOT AS GOOD as Aaron Rodgers.

However:

When I watch they play I think that they have similar play styles and strengths. And the GB offense maximizes his potential and he is having an all time season at QB. GB has just the right blend of play action, rollouts and short drops to keep their QB protected and make plays. You do not see them going 5 wide over and over again or running endless slants or having every receiver do a 4 yard curl.

In fact, on almost every play GB has receivers at three levels in the secondary which gives me opportunities for an open receiver since they are not bunched.

But here is the most important thing. On every play, GB has a checkdown receiver. Every one. And Mayock said the Rodgers this year on a play that is not broken looks for one read and then checks down immediately. Well if it is good enough for Rodgers why is it not good enough for Sanchez?

Sanchez does throw a lot of short passes but they are mostly designed that way so the opposing defense compresses the field. GB stretches the field looks for the shot then takes the checkdown which is open for positive yardage since the safeties are covering players deep.

When I watch GB I see the offensive philosophy we should be using for our QB. Instead we force Sanchez into an offense that just does not work for him and actually gives him less options to be safe than the "wide open" GB offense. Many of Sanchez' mistakes are simply because of the design of the play and the fact that we are so predictable.

It is truly frustrating to watch. Sanchez is much better than he looks he is being held back by being in a system completely wrong for him. As GB shows you can be more aggressive throwing the ball by being more conservative in your game calls and providing an outlet. We just leave Sanchez on an island then crucufy him when he makes a mistake.[/QUOTE]

You are 100% correct. And those who say that Rogers is the league MVP don't get it!!! He didn't come into the league being the league [B][SIZE="2"]MVP[/SIZE][/B][B]!!![/B]

Good Greif!!!:rolleyes:

The key to your post is you put your best players in the scheme in the system that suits them best, Period!!!

And Sanchez should be in system similar to Rogers or IMO Breese......

Nice Post!!:yes:

[QUOTE=johnnysd;4251373]OK, let me say that Mark IS NOT as good as Aaron Rodgers. Let me repeat that: Sanchez is NOT AS GOOD as Aaron Rodgers.

However:

It is truly frustrating to watch. Sanchez is much better than he looks he is being held back by being in a system completely wrong for him. As GB shows you can be more aggressive throwing the ball by being more conservative in your game calls and providing an outlet. We just leave Sanchez on an island then crucufy him when he makes a mistake.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE see my if not schotty then who thread?? cause in my mind that is the problem..mark should be given 1 more coordinator to prove himself!!

Rookie
    Rodgers does not have happy feet

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=jrochwa;4251480]Rodgers does not have happy feet[/QUOTE]

he would if he was hit on every play no matter how many steps he drops back

Oh good, just what we need is another ****ing schotty sucks thread. Can we get a separate forum for schotty sucks threads? This place is becoming unbearable.

Steelers do the same with Big Ben. Perfect blend of roll out, stretching the field, short drops, etc.. When we say "perfect blend", every play doesn't work every snap for Steelers and Packers but, Their QB's are never in a bad play even when they kill or audible. Defenses aren't sitting on their routes that's for sure. Sanchez is restricted in this offense. Some games we don't even attempt to really go deep, then a mistake happens, then late when you only scored 13 points vs Broncos, you have to go deep late. Not even a Seam route until the last drive against Denver. Pathetic

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

nor this OL.

Jets Insider VIP
    There is literally nothing that Sanchez and Rodgers have in common, aside from the fact they're both quarterbacks and played their college ball in California.

[QUOTE=Austin;4251379]Rodgers has a stronger arm, quicker release, but most importantly, he's WAY more accurate than Sanchez.... And obviously he's miles ahead in terms of development.

I understand what you're going for, but comparing Sanchez to the MVP of the league is silly.[/QUOTE]

And when I created this thread weeks ago about how stupid it is for anyone to make this comparison people said "I never see that on this site" ....

The real deal is this .... Rodgers was 6-10 his first season as a starter and that was actually his 4th season as a pro. Sanchez has played thru the fire all this time whlie Rodgers was sitting. Rodgers has attributes Sanchez will likely never have but here's the real reason why this thread is a fail ... .Rodgers has 4 receivers that could easily be other teams #1 or #2 receivers across the board in this league. And thats not even counting Finley who's probably the best receiving tight end right now. Rodgers just floats the ball to him without hesitation and he just catches the ball over whoever is guarding him .... some teams nickel corner mostly and other times he just blows by linebackers. Packers offense overall is just much more talented than ours across the board. I'm not saying Sanchez would put up Aaron Rodgers numbers if he had his exact personnel here as a Jet but I bet it would FAR better than what it is now. Likely close to pro bowl numbers .... James Jones is their #4 receiver and if he was on most teams he'd likely be their 1 or 2 ..... that team is deep.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4251508]And when I created this thread weeks ago about how stupid it is for anyone to make this comparison people said "I never see that on this site" ....

The real deal is this .... Rodgers was 6-10 his first season as a starter and that was actually his 4th season as a pro. Sanchez has played thru the fire all this time whlie Rodgers was sitting. Rodgers has attributes Sanchez will likely never have but here's the real reason why this thread is a fail ... .Rodgers has 4 receivers that could easily be other teams #1 or #2 receivers across the board in this league. And thats not even counting Finley who's probably the best receiving tight end right now. Rodgers just floats the ball to him without hesitation and he just catches the ball over whoever is guarding him .... some teams nickel corner mostly and other times he just blows by linebackers. Packers offense overall is just much more talented than ours across the board. I'm not saying Sanchez would put up Aaron Rodgers numbers if he had his exact personnel here as a Jet but I bet it would FAR better than what it is now. Likely close to pro bowl numbers .... James Jones is their #4 receiver and if he was on most teams he'd likely be their 1 or 2 ..... that team is deep.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm you Sir are correct, [B][SIZE="3"]100% Correcct!!!![/SIZE][/B]

It is maddening how so many out here [B][SIZE="2"]OVERRATE[/SIZE][/B] our talent and it has been going on for awhile for scores of Posters out here!!!;)

Rex and Co. have overachieved the last two years, it is as simple as that:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4251522]Hmmmmm you Sir are correct, [B][SIZE="3"]100% Correcct!!!![/SIZE][/B]

It is maddening how so many out here [B][SIZE="2"]OVERRATE[/SIZE][/B] our talent and it has been going on for awhile for scores of Posters out here!!!;)

Rex and Co. have overachieved the last two years, it is as simple as that:eek:[/QUOTE]

Ya think it was fixed to sell seats in the new billion dollar stadium?

Hall Of Fame

[QUOTE=jetfaninmickeymouseland;4251490]he would if he was hit on every play no matter how many steps he drops back[/QUOTE]

Happy feet is not always a symptom of poor QB play or a result of bad blocking. Peyton Manning has what many people refer to as "happy feet" and for him it is purely a timing mechanism. He taps his feet as he progresses through his reads.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4251526]Ya think it was fixed to sell seats in the new billion dollar stadium?[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="4"]Noooooooooo[/SIZE][/B] Come on man, people don't do things for [B][SIZE="2"]MONEY!!!!![/SIZE][/B]:P

sorry but you can't separate the two. maybe sanchez is the problem and schitty is the greatest offensive coach since bill walsh. but schitty has also underwhelmed on offense for 5+ seasons here and it's getting worse not better. it is pretty clear schitty is not using sanchez the right way and, more importantly, schitty is not coaching up the offense. the assistant coaches are also suffering because they can't coach to game plans that the players have no faith in.

schitty needs to go, asap. sanchez deserves at least having another offensive coordinator for the remaining contract years.

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4251495]Oh good, just what we need is another ****ing schotty sucks thread. Can we get a separate forum for schotty sucks threads? This place is becoming unbearable.[/QUOTE]