Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WESTOFF: Another Guy that Needs to Shut Up

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

WESTOFF: Another Guy that Needs to Shut Up

His Special Teams have been a disaster all year !!...Penalties...poor decisions on fielding punts...just a nightmare all year.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Cooler King;4252045]His Special Teams have been a disaster all year !!...Penalties...poor decisions on fielding punts...just a nightmare all year.....[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="7"]DUMP[/SIZE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lollers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another guy WHO needs to shut up.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Westhoff has a big mouth :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    haven't heard westoff talk this much this year compared to the previous 2 years under rex. the special teams has had a few **** ups this year, but westoff has had at least 20 years of success, so i don't see what the hell you're talking about

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Westoff can't make McKnight hold on to the ball. He's been solid, but we don't always execute. Kinda like Santonio Holmes, never executes. Bad technique+bad attitudes+bad hands= what's wrong with jets players. Stubborn and foolish=what's wrong with the front office. Coaches... don't get me started.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the whole organizaiton needs to take a step back and re evaluate things. They can all start by shutting the f*ck up and winning some football games.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey...how the special teams looking now ??!!...all of you shut up unless you know what you're talking about !!...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Cooler King;4252628]Hey...how the special teams looking now ??!!...all of you shut up unless you know what you're talking about !!...[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot for telling everyone to shutup.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see, when was the last time someone scored on a punt or kick off return against us this season? How about what's Mcknight's kick return average this year? He can't control people fumbling the ball.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    westy is like a HOF ST coach. really, you're telling him to stfu? ok.

this fan base is lawl sometimes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    using Mcknight last week after he only returned 5 punts all year and then Cromatie who might have returned 2 punts all year left me scatching my head. Why use people in big spots after you score a TD and stop a team 3 and out instead of the sure hands of Leonard. It makes no sense. [QUOTE=The Cooler King;4252045]His Special Teams have been a disaster all year !!...Penalties...poor decisions on fielding punts...just a nightmare all year.....[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    but he does control who returns punts and when you only return 5 all year you dont put that guy in after a TD just put you up. Westoff is the best in the buisness but common sense says put your most reliable guy back there in that spot. McKnight is a kick off returner like Cromartie. Leanard should be back there in those spots.[QUOTE=estang74;4252798]Let's see, when was the last time someone scored on a punt or kick off return against us this season? How about what's Mcknight's kick return average this year? He can't control people fumbling the ball.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec318;4253574]using Mcknight last week after he only returned 5 punts all year and then Cromatie who might have returned 2 punts all year left me scatching my head. Why use people in big spots after you score a TD and stop a team 3 and out instead of the sure hands of Leonard. It makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

Rex explained on the post-game presser that Leonhard had the wind knocked out of him on the 3rd down, which was the only reason he wasn't back there to return the punt.

Kerley's out too. So between Cromartie and McKnight, who do you put back there? Either one of them were prime candidates to do exactly what Cromartie did.

Can't fault Westoff if his 3rd/4th-string punt returner can't hold on to a fair catch.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

bad mistake!

Westhoff is usually sure about what he does with the team and personnel, and knows why he does things. This was a huge mistake putting Cromartie in there to run a punt back. Cromartie has done this in the past before, and I'm always scared when he has to handle punts. What a major mistake by Westoff. If it ain't broke why fix it. Leonard was doing fine returning punts!:mad:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=touchdownjets;4253616]Westhoff is usually sure about what he does with the team and personnel, and knows why he does things. This was a huge mistake putting Cromartie in there to run a punt back. Cromartie has done this in the past before, and I'm always scared when he has to handle punts. What a major mistake by Westoff. If it ain't broke why fix it. Leonard was doing fine returning punts!:mad:[/QUOTE]

Leonard was hurt so, Westy was backed into a corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4252634]You're an idiot for telling everyone to shutup.[/QUOTE]

Cooler KING is a Cooler QUEEN for telling everyone AND Mike Westhoff to shut up. :zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    jetswin, can you please transfer this "brilliant" thread to where it belongs?