Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Sanchez get benched for the 2nd half?

Will Sanchez get benched for the 2nd half?

Up until a minute left in the half, 6-16 for barely over 30 yards 2TD 1 INT (2 others that clearly should have been intercepted)

Did his same disappearing act as always at the beginning of the game. Took 17minutes 58 seconds until the Jets finally got on the board and were trying to compensate for a 7 point deficit.

The interception? Terrible decision where he clearly did not even try to read the defense. He's consistently staring down his intended receiver right now. The Bills do not have any respect for Sanchez's throwing ability right now, they are undercutting every route thrown.

On the good side, Sanchez ducked a would-be safety and threw the ball away. Nice smart play. He's also been victimized by Santonio Holmes on two passes already. One play inside the 10 yard line of Buffalo where Holmes came across the field then stopped, Sanchez threw the ball back inside and tried to direct Holmes toward the middle. Sanchez delivered the ball right on Holmes left shoulder and Holmes dropped it.

Another sideline route where Sanchez put the ball on his inside shoulder, the CB wasn't even looking for the ball, Holmes must catches like that. Especially when you consider Sanchez sucks right now and needs some confidence.

I believe Sanchez should be benched. He's clearly regressed and refuses to use his brain. Stares down receivers, does not know how to dissect defenses, throws into double coverage on several throws. What more do the Sanchez apologists need to see?

Jets Insider VIP
    no, innocent animal slaughterer but YOU should get benched forever

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;4252341]no, innocent animal slaughterer but YOU should get benched forever[/QUOTE]

MJ belongs to PETA.. People Eating Tasty Animals..:yes:

[QUOTE=sg3;4252341]no, innocent animal slaughterer but YOU should get benched forever[/QUOTE]

Oh... LMAO... oh no

[QUOTE=Savage69;4252354]MJ belongs to PETA.. People Eating Tasty Animals..:yes:[/QUOTE]

:D

All League
    I believe that a benching will do him more good than harm.

Too bad it's a close game, because he won't be benched in this situation.

if we were down by 14 (or GET down by 14), then maybe. Then again, maybe the DEFENSE should be benched too.

lol, hunting is the only sport where the other side doesn't know its playing. Yet hunters act like they are tough guys. :rolleyes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    you think Brunell could do any better? Um no

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4252361]I believe that a benching will do him more good than harm.

Too bad it's a close game, because he won't be benched in this situation.

if we were down by 14 (or GET down by 14), then maybe. Then again, maybe the DEFENSE should be benched too.[/QUOTE]

You think the defense is playng badly? I certainly don't think so. They got screwed on the 2nd TD, Sanchez gave up the ball so deep in their territory.

Revis isn't playing very well right now, that's really the only guy I see that's playing badly besides Eric Smith on a couple of plays.

All League
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4252377]You think the defense is playng badly? I certainly don't think so. They got screwed on the 2nd TD, Sanchez gave up the ball so deep in their territory.

Revis isn't playing very well right now, that's really the only guy I see that's playing badly besides Eric Smith on a couple of plays.[/QUOTE]

The defense is ok for NOW. My point was, that if we were to fall behind by 14 pts and bench QB, that benching the D might be warranted for falling behind by the aforementioned 14 pts.

If Ryan wants to light a fire under Sanchez, he should put Brunell in for one series in the game, not practice.

[QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;4252395]If Ryan wants to light a fire under Sanchez, he should put Brunell in for one series in the game, not practice.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. I could live with with that. Lets see if it motivates him.

Sanchez will only be benched when they have a viable alternative. By the way, he is getting plenty of time to throw today and still can't make accurate passes.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4252439]Sanchez will only be benched when they have a viable alternative. By the way, he is getting plenty of time to throw today and [B]still can't make accurate passes[/B].[/QUOTE]

AGREED, I forgot to mention that in my post.

But I think if they brought Brunell in for a while, what could it hurt? Maybe Sanchez would get motivated NOW?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4252413]Not a bad idea. I could live with with that. Lets see if it motivates him.[/QUOTE]

I wish Greg McElroy wasn't on IR..

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You make your 3rd Qb keep running into the wall to keep on learning you pull your 6th year Qb and start looking for a new one.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4252458]I wish Greg McElroy wasn't on IR..[/QUOTE]

So do I.

BTW, one thing I forgot to mention is the running game is really going well right now. Even further evidence that Sanchez doesn't know what he's doing. He's always had success when the running game is going well and he can't do well now.

Don't look now but Sanchez suddenly looks great.

As the games wears on Sanchez gets better.

So why must he start off every game like garbage? Will we ever know the answer to that question?

All League
    No.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4252522]Don't look now but Sanchez suddenly looks great.

As the games wears on Sanchez gets better.

So why must he start off every game like garbage? Will we ever know the answer to that question?[/QUOTE]

41st game?