Thread: Kellen Clemens may get his shot in Houston

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Kellen Clemens may get his shot in Houston

Leinart knocked out of Texans game with a shoulder injury.

Wow, something will we wrong if the Titans don't win the South now.

All League
    mods. please merge

Kellen Clemens may get shot in Houston

This is a more fitting title.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4253639]This is a more fitting title.[/QUOTE]

:D

TJ Yates will have to go down for Clemens to get his shot. That said, I never hated Clemens. He has some talent and was never really given a shot here. I will definitely be rooting for him.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4253639]This is a more fitting title.[/QUOTE]

Freakin' hilarious. :applause:

Jets Insider VIP
    And the happy feet society just got excited.

Mr. Kellen Clemens

He now gets chance in Houston after Leinard went down with an apparent season-ending injury.
    Talking about keys to a Cadillac.

A delightful show for all hidden Clemens lovers on this board (I am NOT one of them).

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;4254246]He now gets chance in Houston after Leinard went down with an apparent season-ending injury.

A delightful show for all hidden Clemens lovers on this board (I am NOT one of them).[/QUOTE]

I am confused. :huh:

According to Sanchez lovers you can become a radically different QB even after playing 3 years. Clemens had a half a year to prove himself you can't have it both ways. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4254264]I am confused. :huh:

According to Sanchez lovers you can become a radically different QB even after playing 3 years. Clemens had a half a year to prove himself you can't have it both ways. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    LOLOLOL. Half a year.

He's been in the league for 6 years. He's had 6 years to prove himself.

He couldn't beat out 2 scrubs in Grossman and Beck.

Clemens sucks. He could potentially QB the Texans right out of the playoffs.

I'll be rooting for him. I was never a fan of his, I've always just wanted the Jets to get a good QB, whoever that is - I have no personal preference.

Clemens always claimed he was never given a legitimate shot here. I personally thought he was given enough of a chance but he also never had the kind of weapons Mark has had at his disposal.

So I'll root for him to run with it in Houston. I hope he becomes the next Aaron Rodgers.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4254332]LOLOLOL. Half a year.

He's been in the league for 6 years. He's had 6 years to prove himself.

He couldn't beat out 2 scrubs in Grossman and Beck.

Clemens sucks. He could potentially QB the Texans right out of the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

In defense of Clemens, Shanahan had already decided Beck and Grossman were his guys at the start of the shortened camp. He would have had to play lights out in order to make the team.

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;4254246]He now gets chance in Houston after Leinard went down with an apparent season-ending injury.

A delightful show for all hidden Clemens lovers on this board (I am NOT one of them).[/QUOTE]

No, he won't actully. Word is Houston is going with the kid who got the call today. Clemens will be the #2 for now, till Houston finds someone better (Orton perhaps).

All League

Not a Clemens lover, but I did want him to be the starter in 2009.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4254356]No, he won't actully. Word is Houston is going with the kid who got the call today. Clemens will be the #2 for now, till Houston finds someone better (Orton perhaps).[/QUOTE]

Orton is with KC. And who got the call today?

All League
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4254366]Orton is with KC. And who got the call today?[/QUOTE]

TJ Yates

[url]http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89753&draftyear=2011&genpos=[/url]

May the best man win, and we're off to the races

Jets Insider VIP
    He's no Jeff Hostetler.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Toooon;4253818]TJ Yates will have to go down for Clemens to get his shot. That said, I never hated Clemens. He has some talent and was never really given a shot here. I will definitely be rooting for him.[/QUOTE]

Another QB who never showed any progress under Shottenheimer, who came here with a rep for developing QB's.