Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And Cromartie is returning punts because?????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

And Cromartie is returning punts because?????

And Cromartie is returning punts because?????

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    They want get yards, and we don't have Brian Mitchell, or Westbrook.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, no reason for that. Just f'ing leave Leonhard back there and let him get his 5 yards per return. At least he doesn't make mistakes. This is the f'ing Bills, there is no reason to get cute. Whenever we do, something bad happens.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;4252737]Seriously, no reason for that. Just f'ing leave Leonhard back there and let him get his 5 yards per return. At least he doesn't make mistakes. This is the f'ing Bills, there is no reason to get cute. Whenever we do, something bad happens.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Only if your behind late you pull that chit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cromartie helped us lose the Raider game and he's pretty close to blowing this game too. This guy refuses to tackle.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cromartie was out there because Leonhard was shook up from his hit on David Nelson the play before to break up the 3rd down pass.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, our depth on sure handed punt returners is low.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4253712]Wow, our depth on sure handed punt returners is low.[/QUOTE]

Kerley is #2 behind Leonhard in the sure-hands dept. How many sure-handed punt returners do you want them to have on the roster?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    he was in there because the jets got greedy and tried to make a big play. I knew as soon as he was back there that he was going to muff the ball... just let leonhard catch the ball from now on, we can't keep fumbling kicks and expect to win

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IndianaJet;4253434]Cromartie was out there because Leonhard was shook up from his hit on David Nelson the play before to break up the 3rd down pass.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cant wait;4253771]he was in there because the jets got greedy and tried to make a big play. I knew as soon as he was back there that he was going to muff the ball... just let leonhard catch the ball from now on, we can't keep fumbling kicks and expect to win[/QUOTE]

I guess you can ignore the facts laid out clearly in the thread and bash the team if that makes you feel better...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4253799]I guess you can ignore the facts laid out clearly in the thread and bash the team if that makes you feel better...[/QUOTE]

I missed that tidbit... chill the f**k out

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cant wait;4253771]he was in there because the jets got greedy and tried to make a big play. I knew as soon as he was back there that he was going to muff the ball... just let leonhard catch the ball from now on, we can't keep fumbling kicks and expect to win[/QUOTE]

See comment above. Rex said in his presser
    that Jimmy had the wind knocked out of his on the previous play.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex said on his press conference that Leonhard got the wind knocked out of him, they had no one else to turn to to make the fair catch.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetglass;4252649]And Cromartie is returning punts because?????[/QUOTE]
    Because Rex and Westhoff had their heads up their a$$. The BS excuse is Leonhard had the wind knocked out of him, but I contend you put out a guy with good hands. I saw Cro back there and immediately started to worry. Cro then lived down to my expectations. How about Holmes or someone else with either good hands or past experience as a punt returner? Kyle Wilson comes to mind.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman;4252790]Cromartie helped us lose the Raider game and he's pretty close to blowing this game too. This guy refuses to tackle.[/QUOTE]

+1.

He really pissed me off today. Exactly the same situation as the Oak game and he almost gave the Jills the damn game on bacl-to-back plays.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    After hocking down a roast beef sandwich rex said- hey Westy: white boy has no speed we need a spark... screw leonard gimme cro-magnon. Can you make it happen Westy?

And then after the muff... The best was on the cbs broadcast you could see leonard looking off into the angry distance as the muff was recovered... another cro-magnon special.

I mean how smart can a player be if after 6 child support orders he refuses to believe in the value of the rubber???????????????????

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    How the F is that our punt returner over Jimmy L who rarely if ever puts the ball on the ground?????

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    leonhard took a hard hit on that 3rd down, that is why cromartie was in i think

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could Revis go out there and make a fair catch?

Obviously, you don't want to risk injury. But, he's got to have better hands than Cromartie.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Kerley is injured and the coaching staff for some reason feels this is the best option.