Thread: Burress and Holmes Going Easy

Burress and Holmes Going Easy

Maybe I'm nuts, but it appears to me that both Burris and Holmes do not run their routes with any speed. It appears as if they are jogging?

Banned
    Why should they? Their OC and QB are disasters. No point in trying when you're guaranteed to fail, anyway.

Burris never appears to be going full speed to me.

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    [QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;4253440]Burris never appears to be going full speed to me.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that, too, and he appears to be lazy coming out of breaks, etc. But, maybe that's the way he's always been?

They were so excited to here about Sh!ttys contract extension.

[QUOTE=srobjets;4253493]They were so excited to here about Sh!ttys contract extension.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure they were "thrilled"..

(Get Braylon back, Tanny!)

[QUOTE=Vin;4254277]Wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure they were "thrilled"..

(Get Braylon back, Tanny!)[/QUOTE]

Dude... I know it hurts. I was devastated too. He's gone, let it go.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4254285]Dude... I know it hurts. I was devastated too. He's gone, let it go.[/QUOTE]

There's always hope(he's played like horsesh-t for the niners) for next year. :cool:

He's gone...Now. But never say never.

While I don't think our WR's are tanking it by any stretch, I do wonder why these guys are virtually never open. SH is a speed burner and not being used properly by our offense, how we can NEVER throw long pass attempts to him is absoutely mind boggling. Gotta wonder..

[QUOTE=ASH_1962;4254329]While I don't think our WR's are tanking it by any stretch, I do wonder why these guys are virtually never open. SH is a speed burner and not being used properly by our offense, how we can NEVER throw long pass attempts to him is absoutely mind boggling. Gotta wonder..[/QUOTE]

Because he needs someone ELSE on the other side that commands close to the same attention as he does. I mean you can argue for Plax being that guy, however :

As good as Plax has been this year, he's still 34 and in the twilight of his career; teams just don't respect his ability all that much anymore.

Plus, Plax is so slow that Mark needs extra time in the pocket just so he can get downfield; time that the O-Line hasn't been able to give Mark because of Burress's lack of speed at this point of his career.

Mark misses(or rather the Jets offense misses.....) He-who-shall-not-be-named(and it isn't Voldemort).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4252917]Maybe I'm nuts, but it appears to me that both Burris and Holmes do not run their routes with any speed. It appears as if they are jogging?[/QUOTE]
    interesting, I said the same exact thing to my son today at the stadium...

[QUOTE=Vin;4254277]Wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure they were "thrilled"..

(Get Braylon back, Tanny!)[/QUOTE]

Braylon didn't always go hard on routes either and wouldn't fight for the ball allowing passes get intercepted.

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4254407]Braylon didn't always go hard on routes either and wouldn't fight for the ball allowing passes get intercepted.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to a single particular play(say...of the 49ers variety) that you're focusing on?

I'm talking about when he was here. Not what he is doing on a niner team with Alex Freakin' Smith at QB.

BTW, how's your boy Hollywood doing?

[QUOTE=Vin;4254442]Are you referring to a single particular play(say...of the 49ers variety) that you're focusing on?

I'm talking about when he was here. Not what he is doing on a niner team with Alex Freakin' Smith at QB.

BTW, how's your boy Hollywood doing?[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about when he was here.

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4254460]I'm talking about when he was here.[/QUOTE]

When he was here, the Offense was rolling and Sanchez looked way better with him to throw to than he is this year without him.

That's not just an assumption either....It's pretty damn obvious he could've used BE.

But enough about that, you didn't answer my question...

How's your boy Hollywood doing?