Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez's shoulder

Mark Sanchez's shoulder

I've had both torn labrum, and torn capsule ... Sanchez is exhibiting symptoms of these types of injuries (high throws always). .... Maybe I'm crazy .. But something is wrong.

The problem is with his head. His arm is just fine.

All League
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4253337]I've had both torn labrum, and torn capsule ... Sanchez is exhibiting symptoms of these types of injuries (high throws always). .... Maybe I'm crazy .. But something is wrong.[/QUOTE]

and you played qb?

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4253337]I've had both torn labrum, and torn capsule ... Sanchez is exhibiting symptoms of these types of injuries (high throws always). .... Maybe I'm crazy .. But something is wrong.[/QUOTE]

I think he has the gout.

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4253351]and you played qb?[/QUOTE]

Pitcher.

All League
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4253360]Pitcher.[/QUOTE]

not questioning you're assessment, just trying to get the perspective

Practice Squad
    Where's Dr. Frank Moga when you need him?

If that is the case, he's probably been playing with it since the Raiders-Ravens games. He took a serious beating to his shoulder in that timeframe.

could be.

You may have a point. I am an Athletic Therapist/Osteopath, and he seems to have changed his throwing motion a bit, and has less strength in his throws than before. Most NFL players play the season injured to some extent. They never are fully healed because they are constantly getting smacked around or hitting other players, so nothing ever has time to heal properly. It really wouldn't surprise me to find out, that Mark"s shoulder is not 100%.

:yes::yes::yes::D:D[QUOTE=Klingon;4253377]Where's Dr. Frank Moga when you need him?[/QUOTE]

Dr. Moga "would you like fries with that?"

Jets Insider VIP
    Why is he riding the bike so much?

Jets Insider VIP

I said this earlier in the year. There is definitely a higher release on his throws and the velocity just doesn't seem to be there. I agree Equlibrium said, it was likely the Raven or Raiders game. Which was the game where Rex had him force a ball into Plax to get him involved?

[QUOTE=Jordy;4253713]Why is he riding the bike so much?[/QUOTE]

Works for Lance Armstrong.

Hall Of Fame

You make a good point. However, I do not think he is injured.

I think his throws are always high b.c of his unnatural release point. He tries to get a really high release point to avoid getting balls batted down. This results in him pushing the ball and it gets away from him.

Also he has a very long throwing stride which effect his timing. Sanchez is a lot like a pitcher when you think about it b.c he is always struggling with his mechanics b.c he has very complex mechanics. Awkward release point and a very long stride. Too much going on. I don't think it is fixable, at least in the short term.

All League

The most perplexing "ride" he went for was during the final stages of the Bills last drive of the game. The Jets were up by 4, thus ensuring he would not be seeing any more action :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=simijet;4253787]The most perplexing "ride" he went for was during the final stages of the Bills last drive of the game. The Jets were up by 4, thus ensuring he would not be seeing any more action :huh:[/QUOTE]
    Yup. That was indeed strange.

i say to burn nervousness..he was on there to start the game b4 kickoff!!

[QUOTE=touchdownjets;4253680]You may have a point. I am an Athletic Therapist/Osteopath, and he seems to have changed his throwing motion a bit, and has less strength in his throws than before. Most NFL players play the season injured to some extent. They never are fully healed because they are constantly getting smacked around or hitting other players, so nothing ever has time to heal properly. It really wouldn't surprise me to find out, that Mark"s shoulder is not 100%.[/QUOTE]

how do you fix this? rest...surgery....both.

Let me get this straight, fans are now making diagnosis/medical evaluations based on watching tv? :eek: Oh boy....it;s been a long season.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4253958]Let me get this straight, fans are now making diagnosis/medical evaluations based on watching tv? :eek: Oh boy....it;s been a long season.[/QUOTE]

i believe one person who made the comment was a pitcher that had a shoulder injury and the other person was an orthopedist.