Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our WR's are complete trash

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Our WR's are complete trash

Say what you want about Sanchez playing poorly (despite the 4 TDs and clutch game winning drive), but our WR get NO separation. Sanchez HAS to throw into tight windows or double coverage because no one on the team is capable of creating any separation. When you watch Brady and Rodgers play, WRs are open all over the field. A combination of poor playcalling, poor route design, and a complete lack of speed and athleticism makes it nearly impossible for Sanchez to just have an easy day out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree but it shows what happens when they actually make a couple of boig catches. Keller and plaxico both had huge catches for a change.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez misses Braylon

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4253369]Say what you want about Sanchez playing poorly (despite the 4 TDs and clutch game winning drive), but our WR get NO separation. [B][I][U]Sanchez HAS to throw into tight windows or double coverage because no one on the team is capable of creating any separation[/U][/I][/B]. When you watch Brady and Rodgers play, WRs are open all over the field. A combination of poor playcalling, poor route design, and a complete lack of speed and athleticism makes it nearly impossible for Sanchez to just have an easy day out there.[/QUOTE]
    A better OC might find a way to overcome this. Other OC's do.

But that's a mute point with Shotty being here for eternity

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seperation is not part of Schotty's offense.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

holmes runs 4.3..............

[QUOTE=Chupa;4253369]Say what you want about Sanchez playing poorly (despite the 4 TDs and clutch game winning drive), but our WR get NO separation. Sanchez HAS to throw into tight windows or double coverage because no one on the team is capable of creating any separation. When you watch Brady and Rodgers play, WRs are open all over the field. A combination of poor playcalling, poor route design, and a complete lack of speed and athleticism makes it nearly impossible for Sanchez to just have an easy day out there.[/QUOTE]

its poor play designs, routes, but the jets wr are doing just what they are told to do. it says more about how they are being used than anything. they are trying to run 1st and play off that, instead of getting keller going who is unstoppable to please burress and holmes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klingon;4253394]Seperation is not part of Schotty's offense.[/QUOTE]

neither is better route design... he would be a great pop warner coach i bet. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    jet wrs are rarely open. that's why some of these completions have to be circus catches. they really need to use more screens until kerley comes back. i'd be very disappointed if they didn't either get a good wr in FA or draft one in the first two rounds.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No more days off for charity work. However, when the money is on the line, Plax seems to come down with it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4253503]jet wrs are rarely open. that's why some of these completions have to be circus catches. they really need to use more screens until kerley comes back. i'd be very disappointed if they didn't either get a good wr in FA or draft one in the first two rounds.[/QUOTE]

And for God's sake get one with Speed AND Hands and Heart!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I said in another post--our WR's seem to run their routes with little speed and intensity.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4253369]Say what you want about Sanchez playing poorly (despite the 4 TDs and clutch game winning drive), but our WR get NO separation. Sanchez HAS to throw into tight windows or double coverage because no one on the team is capable of creating any separation. When you watch Brady and Rodgers play, WRs are open all over the field. A combination of poor playcalling, poor route design, and a complete lack of speed and athleticism makes it nearly impossible for Sanchez to just have an easy day out there.[/QUOTE]
    Our whole offensive scheme stinks and has for years!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plaxico is about as good as a guy can be at 34 years old and not having played in two years.

Holmes is just dog. The guy cannot play without the ball in his hands. He doesn't block, run his routes with any intensity, or do anything else that helps the team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many drops did we have today? I know Keller had two early

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4253881]How many drops did we have today? I know Keller had two early[/QUOTE]

Plax dropped one over the middle on that horrible possession we had following the Cromartie muffed punt. But he did have the biggest non-TD catch of the game, a spectacular one at that too.

Holmes dropped a perfectly thrown ball in tight coverage about 30 yards down the sideline in the 2nd Quarter when we were backed up near our own endzone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;4253870]Plaxico is about as good as a guy can be at 34 years old and not having played in two years.

Holmes is just dog. The guy cannot play without the ball in his hands. He doesn't block, run his routes with any intensity, or do anything else that helps the team.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Holmes looks like he is done. Even on he reverse he looked like he was going in slow motion.

To the op I haven't seen a jt wr running free in about 2 years. There is never any separation, plays take forever to develop and it's just overly complicated and not effective. You watch the pats and Brady is hitting guys who are open by 10 yards.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4253890]I agree. Holmes looks like he is done. Even on he reverse he looked like he was going in slow motion.

To the op I haven't seen a jt wr running free in about 2 years. There is never any separation, plays take forever to develop and it's just overly complicated and not effective. You watch the pats and Brady is hitting guys who are open by 10 yards.[/QUOTE]

I'm not satisfied with the offense, but c'mon Plax was WIDE open on his TD. Keller too on his first one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4253901]I'm not satisfied with the offense, but c'mon Plax was WIDE open on his TD. Keller too on his first one.[/QUOTE]

Ok I agree in the end zone at least this year we are pretty good. I mean between the 20s our wars get. O separation and it forces hard throws and hard catches.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4253907]Ok I agree in the end zone at least this year we are pretty good. I mean between the 20s our wars get. O separation and it forces hard throws and hard catches.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with that. Too many tight windows.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plax saved the game today without his catch we lose. I agree there is a problem.