Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving the Stadium, take the win, Sanchez haters suck it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving the Stadium, take the win, Sanchez haters suck it

He played like crap today-absolutely crap-looks like he's totally lost his confidence.

But haters will point out every bad throw--he had a lot--but they won't give him any credit for a HUGE comeback win in an absolute must win situation.

4 TDs and two HUGE last minute throws to win the damn game.

Btw, where is the idiot wishing we had signed pick-6 Hassellback today?

Probably ragging on Sanchez for winning a game.

Hate away Sanchez haters--you must be so depressed hoping for a Jet loss, but my Jets won BECAUSE of Sanchez (and if it wasn't for Cromartie, we win going away. )

Really, some of you guys were hoping for the to lose, weren't you?

Pitiful.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why weren't you barking this during the game? The sanchez haters and the sanchez apologists are equally bad on these forms.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He hit the end zone 4 times. I'll take it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know I have been on the fence is it sanchez or schitty but after today it clearly is schitty I have 2 points that back that up.

The first was towards the end of the 3rd quarter when greene and mcknight were running at will and mcknight is a very good screen guy, what does schitty do on the next possession he passes 3 straight times in the middle of the field and sanchez almost gets picked on all 3 passes so we go 3 and out and lose our momentum and idenity.

The second of these is I can not fathom why schitty can not see we clearly have one of the best on the move passers in the game, why does he not move the pocket and let mark be mark instead of trying to turn him into a dan marino like statue which mark clearly is not.

It is def schitty and has been all along I just needed better confirmation.:steamin:
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 11-27-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4253428]Why weren't you barking this during the game? The sanchez haters and the sanchez apologists are equally bad on these forms.[/QUOTE]

No service on my blackberry in the stadium.

I gotta get a new phone.

But as bad as he played, I NEVER lost faith and before Cro fumbled, in the satdium we all thought the momentum had totally changed and I was just hoping for 4 tds so Mark could pad his stats--thought we were going to win going away.

Didn't think we were going to NEED 4 TD passes.

Btw, that doosh that started the "Holy Crap How Great is Stafford 4 TD Thread" going to start a "Holy Crap Stafford 3 INT Game Whilst Sanchez threw 4 TDs" thread?

Just wondering--what matters--stats. Or wins?

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4253537]No service on my blackberry in the stadium.

I gotta get a new phone.

But as bad as he played, I NEVER lost faith and before Cro fumbled, in the satdium we all thought the momentum had totally changed and I was just hoping for 4 tds so Mark could pad his stats--thought we were going to win going away.

Didn't think we were going to NEED 4 TD passes.

Btw, that doosh that started the "Holy Crap How Great is Stafford 4 TD Thread" going to start a "Holy Crap Stafford 3 INT Game Whilst Sanchez threw 4 TDs" thread?

Just wondering--what matters--stats. Or wins?

_[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4253527]

The first was towards the end of the 3rd quarter when greene and mcknight were running at will and mcknight is a very good screen guy, what does schitty do on the next possession he passes 3 straight times in the middle of the field and sanchez almost gets picked on all 3 passes so we go 3 and out and lose our momentum and idenity.

[/QUOTE]

This possession REALLY bothered me.

The previous possession we marched down the field, mostly running the ball and sprinkling in a few Keller passes and ultimately his TD. Then the defense came up big and forces a three and out.

Cromartie's muffed punt was a major gaffe that sucked out a lot of the momentum we had, and then the fluky Brad Smith TD further cemented that.

But why why why on earth did we completely abandon the running game the next drive? Not only that, IIRC we were in shotgun on two of those three plays. Maddening. I really thought that was going to be the turning point of the game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Kid got it done when it mattered most today (with the help of Plaxico making a circus catch). I'm very happy that we get to die another day. But this win doesn't undo his horrible season and the fact that he's in his third season and not getting better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;42535]

Cromartie's muffed punt was a major gaffe that sucked out a lot of the momentum we had, and then the fluky Brad Smith TD further cemented that.

.[/QUOTE]

Took the life out of the stadium. We were ready to walk away with the game.

And then they go up by 3 with literally no time left?

But Sanchez was OUTSTANDING in the 2 minute drill- but the d-bags here will point to all the negatives about how Sanchez CAN'T win here--like it's a fact--and not give him any credit for a huge--HUGE--comeback win.

So sad that supposed "Jet fans" were hoping and praying for him to pfail.

Can't wait to read their "excuses". Probably something like that throw to Plax was horrible and he saved Sanchez.

Pitiful.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4253641]Kid got it done when it mattered most today (with the help of Plaxico making a circus catch). I'm very happy that we get to die another day. But this win doesn't undo his horrible season and the fact that he's in his third season and not getting better.[/QUOTE]

Not telling people how they should feel, but this post is really how everyone should feel after this game in reference to Sanchez.

He's going to get his shot to make all of us who are on the fence about him believers again when we're sitting at 8-5 and he's got the Eagles and Giants on deck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4253527]you know I have been on the fence is it sanchez or schitty but after today it clearly is schitty I have 2 points that back that up.

The second of these is I can not fathom why schitty can not see we clearly have one of the best on the move passers in the game, why does he not move the pocket and let mark be mark instead of trying to turn him into a dan marino like statue which mark clearly is not.

It is def schitty and has been all along I just needed better confirmation.:steamin:[/QUOTE]

great points!! i have more!! schitty thrown screen passes out in the open to greene who is as slow as molases!! but he throws shovel passes in the middle of the line in traffic to mcknight??..mcknight is the quicker player you want him in space!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ryan10;4253666]great points!! i have more!! schitty thrown screen passes out in the open to greene who is as slow as molases!! but he throws shovel passes in the middle of the line in traffic to mcknight??..mcknight is the quicker player you want him in space!!![/QUOTE]

That and the end around to burress lol instead of holmes but at least he got the second end around right to holmes the speed guy. Next thing we will see is him try to be cute and do a end around with keller or mulligan lol. stupid arse :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4253428]Why weren't you [B][SIZE="2"]barking this during the game?[/SIZE][/B] The sanchez haters and the sanchez apologists are equally bad on these forms.[/QUOTE]

Because he was at the [B][SIZE="3"]GAME [/SIZE][/B]did you even read the OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Good Grief!!!!:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4253658]
    But Sanchez was OUTSTANDING in the 2 minute drill- but the d-bags here will point to all the negatives about how Sanchez CAN'T win here--like it's a fact--and not give him any credit for a huge--HUGE--comeback win.

[B][I]So sad that supposed "Jet fans" were hoping and praying for him to pfail. [/I][/B]

Can't wait to read their "excuses". Probably something like that throw to Plax was horrible and he saved Sanchez.

Pitiful.

_[/QUOTE]

Who was hoping for Sanchez to fail? While many on this board are overly

critical of his play (just as you and a few others react like an insulted family

member to said criticism), I can't believe any Jets fan would root against the

team's QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;4253696]Who was hoping for Sanchez to fail? While many on this board are overly

critical of his play (just as you and a few others react like an insulted family

member to said criticism), I can't believe any Jets fan would root against the

team's QB.[/QUOTE]

You must be new to this board.

There are at least a dozen posters that hate Sanchez so much they are outwardly rooting for him to pfail with extreme prejudice. They know it and most posters here know it.

And if you don't think there are actually Jet fans rooting for the Jets to pfail, then go look at Sooth's thread asking whether you would root for the Jets to miss the playoffs if it meant Schotty got fired--in other words are they rooting for the Jets to lose. Look, I hate Schotty as much as anyone, but NEVER to the extent I would want the Jets to lose.

Which is what it is-- a poll asking whether you will admit publicaly if you want the Jets to lose.

Go look at the thread--it's a public poll. Everyone who was rooting for the Jets to lose is there in cyber-black and white.

Go look at it- it's about 70 supposed "fans"--it's pitiful.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4253721]You must be new to this board.

There are at least a dozen posters that hate Sanchez so much they are outwardly rooting for him to pfail with extreme prejudice. They know it and most posters here know it.

And if you don't think there are actually Jet fans rooting for the Jets to pfail, then go look at Sooth's thread asking whether you would root for the Jets to miss the playoffs if it meant Schotty got fired--in other words are they rooting for the Jets to lose. Look, I hate Schotty as much as anyone, but NEVER to the extent I would want the Jets to lose.

Which is what it is-- a poll asking whether you will admit publicaly if you want the Jets to lose.

Go look at the thread--it's a public poll. Everyone who was rooting for the Jets to lose is there in cyber-black and white.

Go look at it- it's about 70 supposed "fans"--it's pitiful.

_[/QUOTE]

I was one of those fans because I know for a fact we are not winning the rest of the games and that is what it will take to even make the playoffs, Sometimes heads have to roll in order to get better not tread water. It does not mean I am rooting against the team come gametime it just means I would be less upset had we lost.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4253662]Not telling people how they should feel, but this post is really how everyone should feel after this game in reference to Sanchez.

He's going to get his shot to make all of us who are on the fence about him believers again when we're sitting at 8-5 and he's got the Eagles and Giants on deck.[/QUOTE]

After today I don't see how we can count on either of the next 2 games as a guaranteed win. I think if we play like this next week, we'd lose. Redskins D is good, Sanchez's level of play today would result in multiple turnovers against a D like that.

I'm sure he'll play better though, he was just off today. Very inaccurate and confused by simple zone coverages

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4253752]After today I don't see how we can count on either of the next 2 games as a guaranteed win. I think if we play like this next week, we'd lose. Redskins D is good, Sanchez's level of play today would result in multiple turnovers against a D like that.

I'm sure he'll play better though, he was just off today. Very inaccurate and confused by simple zone coverages[/QUOTE]

For the record, that was a tongue-in-cheek prediction. I don't think the next two are guaranteed because the Jets are far and away the better team...I just think they'll be 8-5 because that's what this team does. They drop the big statement games mid-year, but then string together a few wins to get our hopes up before either crushing them again at the next big game or finding a way into the playoffs as a wildcard.

Except for throwaway years like '03, '05 & '07, that's what this team has done every year for the past decade and a half.

Jets will be 8-5. Then we'll see what they're made of.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4253658]Took the life out of the stadium. We were ready to walk away with the game.

And then they go up by 3 with literally no time left?

So sad that supposed "Jet fans" were hoping and praying for him to pfail.

Pitiful.

_[/QUOTE]

From a pure physical tools standpoint, Sanchez won't be an amazing QB...but I'll be damned if there was a better QB taken in the past 4 years (save for Newton IMO) that could put up with all the bull**** involved in being a big time athlete in New York.

He probably won't ever wow the whiny fans, but all I care about is wins. He hasn't seen his best days yet, and he's mentally tough enough to handle all the flak from fans, media, whoever.

Go Jets!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4253795]From a pure physical tools standpoint, Sanchez won't be an amazing QB...but I'll be damned if there was a better QB taken in the past 4 years (save for Newton IMO) that could put up with all the bull**** involved in being a big time athlete in New York.

He probably won't ever wow the whiny fans, but all I care about is wins. He hasn't seen his best days yet, and he's mentally tough enough to handle all the flak from fans, media, whoever.

Go Jets![/QUOTE]

Any QB taken so high in the draft by a NY team is going to be under the microscope. If he had been a sixth round pick, he wouldn't have the criticism. As we all know, it goes with the territory.