Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shon Greene slow to get up a few times?

Jets Insider VIP

Shon Greene slow to get up a few times?

Or just my imagination? :confused:

ps: My heart can't take too many more finishes like today. :mad:

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    [QUOTE=quantum;4253448]Or just my imagination? :confused:

ps: My heart can't take too many more finishes like today. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He gets nicked up a lot. Not feature back material. More's the pity. He thrives as a #2 guy behind a workhorse like with Thomas Jones 2 years ago.

He is always slow to get up.

Every single carry, in every single game.

I've never seen a RB who "looked hurt" more than Greene.

Happily, he's not actully hurt every play.

No. I saw that too from early in the game. Not sure what that means for "Ground and Pound" moving forward if the rb who is supposed to pound opposing Ds seems to be hurt constantly.

pretty much anytime he got hit.

McKnight should've gotten more touches today.

he was running well, and he's a threat in the passing game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jim Brown used to do that you would think he was hurt and the next play he run right through you.. And no I'm not comparing them..;)

Veteran
    Ribs appear to still be bothering him. He sucked it up and had some good runs.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=CGJET;4253472]Ribs appear to still be bothering him. He sucked it up and had some good runs.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. Close ups on him you could see he was in pain likely from his ribs. It hurts to breathe with a rib injury.

Rookie
    I'd be willing to bet Greene hasn't been healthy since he's been the full time starter.

All Pro
    Greene is not ground and pound material.

Veteran
    He kinda hurt us in the no huddle, but then again so do coaches who run their first shovel pass ever under 3 minutes and poor effort from your stars.

Rookie
    He is not the same runner he was the last two years.

probably still injured!

Rib's take a long time to heal. Usually about anywhere from 3 weeks to months depending how bad the injury was. He definitely was hurting from his ribs that were sore. On the other he started to remind me of Freeman McNeil. Remember good old karate man, our great RB, he was also always slow to get up after each play. Even the way Greene ran today, you could tell he is not 100%. I actually like the change of pace with Greene and Mcknight. I think it throws the defense off.:O

mcknight is a quicker and better all around back right now!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=IRONFAN 40;4253622]Greene is not ground and pound material.[/QUOTE]

This.

Guy is still hurt and it showed when he would get up.

looked like his ribs were still bothering him.

All League
    Didn't he smash up his ribs 10 days ago? I stubbed my toe 2 weeks ago and I'm still hobbling around. if he's gonna run like he did today, he can take a little nap after every 11 yard gain as far as I care.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=ryan10;4253642]mcknight is a quicker and better all around back right now!![/QUOTE]
    Yea but Mcknight scares me every time he carries the ball. I mean he fumbled a few times today. Whoever cured Tiki the Jets need to put him on the parole because Mcknight is too good to be such a fumble machine. Lt is a better RB than both but age has eroded his skills. He picks the right holes but doesn't have the same burst as before.

[QUOTE=wepnx;4253670]Yea but Mcknight scares me every time he carries the ball. I mean he fumbled a few times today. Whoever cured Tiki the Jets need to put him on the parole because Mcknight is too good to be such a fumble machine. Lt is a better RB than both but age has eroded his skills. He picks the right holes but doesn't have the same burst as before.[/QUOTE]

i agree about the fumbling..but until l.t. gets back mcknight should be 3rd down back every time!! and i really like the way he hits the hole..if they can work on his ball handling i think he can be a big contributor at rb in future

Veteran
    But...:moon2: and that's a big but, he ran hard in between the whistles, showed toughness.