Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't Feel Like We Won Today..

Doesn't Feel Like We Won Today..

I'm sitting here after the game and this doesn't feel like a Jet win. It feels like we squeaked by. All of the mistakes took the fun out of what should have been a 10+ point win. Anyone else feel the same way?

Veteran
    It sure didn't and we looked lazy and depressed all over the field. Remember what happened while dragging our feet against the patriots. We shouldn't have to huddle on defense.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4253496]I'm sitting here after the game and this doesn't feel like a Jet win. It feels like we squeaked by. All of the mistakes took the fun out of what should have been a 10+ point win. Anyone else feel the same way?[/QUOTE]

Nope, relax and enjoy it, the Bills were playing for their their lives today, as were the Jets. The Bills pretty much played error free football, i.e., no turn overs. The Jets made mistake after mistake and still won. Grab a cold one, relax and hope they get it worked out for next week.

Of course it doesn't, you're a Jet fan.

All League
    When the last pass of the game went sailing incomplete, the last thing I was thinking was man, this sucks.

I am not intending to judge or mock anyone with my next comment, but if you truly feel the same right now as you would if we lost, then I feel sorry for you. What's the fun of being a fan if you can't enjoy a W. Definitely not saying you can control how you feel, but it really would suck to feel like that.

We absolutely have our fair share of problems as a team, and who knows what happens going forward, but we won today.

All League
    It doesn't feel like the Jets won today because of the way the Bills last drive went. The defense didn't step up and make big plays. Instead, Stevie Johnson's [SIZE="5"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]HUGE[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] drops were an early Christmas gift.

[QUOTE=simijet;4253571]It doesn't feel like the Jets won today because of the way the Bills last drive went. The defense didn't step up and make big plays. Instead, Stevie Johnson's [SIZE="5"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]HUGE[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] drops were an early Christmas gift.[/QUOTE]

and the Jets gave the Bills some HUGE gifts.

This feels a thousand times better than last week. A win is a win, that is all that matters. Had the the Jets won the Super Bowl under the same circumstances, would you be saying the same thing?

Dump

All League
    most of the game was really hard to watch for me... every time they showed a shot of our awesome offensive coordinator i wanted to punch his face thru the t.v. :steamin:

All League
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;4253577]and the Jets gave the Bills some HUGE gifts.

This feels a thousand times better than last week. A win is a win, that is all that matters. Had the the Jets won the Super Bowl under the same circumstances, would you be saying the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't get me wrong - I'm happy about the win! More importantly, I'm also pleased the team is still very much alive in the wildcard hunt.

However, the op was stating today's game didn't feel like a win and I was giving my opinion as to why.

Hall Of Fame
    Honestly, I think you don't feel like the Jets won today because of the pitiful "fans" here hoping for a loss, relishing misery, praying for failure for Sanchez or Rex or whomever.

Why else come here to ask the question?

Because if we have to come to this site to seek validation, or negative validation--that's what you are going to get.

You will hear how Sanchez threw a HORRIBLE INT leading to points and almost threw 3 more INTs and how his missed guys left and right.

You will not hear mention of 4 TDs (one game winning) because they are besides the point.

My advice to you is to build your own reality.

I am ecstatic with this win.

We get another ugly win next week and we're 7-5.

Glass half full or miserable f*ck.

The only way to live.

_

Rookie
    My advice to you is to build your own reality.

Now that's a JETS fan. Great quote. You can take this game a myriad of different ways. I choose to get drunk and enjoy the W.

mediocre team!

This has become a mediocre team, with a mediocre QB, with mediocre coaches. There are some players that stand out more from time to time, but on the whole we are middle of the pack this year. I think the faster we acknowledge this, the easier it becomes:cool: to watch them win or lose!

All League
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4253496]I'm sitting here after the game and this doesn't feel like a Jet win. It feels like we squeaked by. All of the mistakes took the fun out of what should have been a 10+ point win. Anyone else feel the same way?[/QUOTE]

Well then, help yourself to some internet or espn, cuz we won. Check it out.

If I am going to sacrifice 3 hours of my life to ride the roller coaster, then yes it feels like a win. Otherwise why watch?

Yeah we might not go all the way this year, but it's November and we are still "in the hunt" and I bleed green, so to me its a WIN. If you don't like the feeling, then go away. That is all.

[QUOTE=touchdownjets;4253654]This has become a mediocre team, with a mediocre QB, with mediocre coaches. There are some players that stand out more from time to time, but on the whole we are middle of the pack this year. I think the faster we acknowledge this, the easier it becomes:cool: to watch them win or lose![/QUOTE]

I do acknowledge this. That's why we should enjoy victories instead of whining when we win. I have no expectations for a Super Bowl before the season due to the crapshoot that is the NFL. I go week to week.

Hall Of Fame

For a normal team it would have been a 10 point win. However Sanchez spots the opponent 7 to 10 points a game with his mistakes.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4253765]For a normal team it would have been a 10 point win. However Sanchez spots the opponent 7 to 10 points a game with his mistakes.[/QUOTE]

sure, with his 4 TD passes....:rolleyes:

you realize the other team shows up to play too right?

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4253788]sure, with his 4 TD passes....:rolleyes:

you realize the other team shows up to play too right?[/QUOTE]

This is the first time the Bills showed up in a while. I'll give them credit for making it tough on us, but this was a team coming off of 3 straight blowout losses that just lost its best player for the season. Their o-line was a comical mash unit.