Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: You know who's name didn't get mentioned today? Wayne Hunter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

You know who's name didn't get mentioned today? Wayne Hunter

Wayne Hunter has looked horrible at times this year. On multiple occasions he's missed blocks or gotten flat out beat by guys who wound up getting big hits on Sanchez. He's gotten called for a lot of drive killing penalties and overall hasn't played very well. I've been one of the people frustrated by his play, but today against Buffalo I don't remember his name being mentioned which for him is a very good thing. I don't believe I saw him give up any sacks on Mark nor did he stand out for getting beat on any individual play. Not to say he dominated by any means, but he did enough to not be noticed for poor play, so that alone is a step up for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going against the Bills will do that. They have probably the worst pass rush in the NFL.

Although yes, he didn't have any penalties, so that's nice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ienjoythenyjets;4253625]Wayne Hunter has looked horrible at times this year. On multiple occasions he's missed blocks or gotten flat out beat by guys who wound up getting big hits on Sanchez. He's gotten called for a lot of drive killing penalties and overall hasn't played very well. I've been one of the people frustrated by his play, but today against Buffalo I don't remember his name being mentioned which for him is a very good thing. I don't believe I saw him give up any sacks on Mark nor did he stand out for getting beat on any individual play. Not to say he dominated by any means, but he did enough to not be noticed for poor play, so that alone is a step up for him.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not a bad game for Hunter today. Sanchez stayed clean for most of the game.

Still, the Von Miller bullrush with Hunter ending up flat on his back is too fresh in my mind to give him a pass yet. He needs to string together a few more weeks of solid play to erase that memory.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    one game out of ten where he is decent??? the way he has been playing this year he should be donating his check to charity because he sure as $hit aint earning it thats for sure!!! :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good thing. Now let's hopee the POS can keep it up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4253635][B]Going against the Bills will do that. They have probably the worst pass rush in the NFL.[/B]

Although yes, he didn't have any penalties, so that's nice.[/QUOTE]

+1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4253637]one game out of ten where he is decent??? the way he has been playing this year he should be donating his check to charity because he sure as $hit aint earning it thats for sure!!! :steamin:[/QUOTE]

He's gotta start somewhere.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4253635]Going against the Bills will do that. They have probably the worst pass rush in the NFL.

Although yes, he didn't have any penalties, so that's nice.[/QUOTE]

True. But I dont expect much of him and based on how he's played most of the year I go into a game expecting him to make some mistakes so for him to not get mentioned all day is a relief regardless of the competition.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    While you are mentioning wayne, you can't forget matthew mulligan...not sure if he played a lot but no penalties for him...shocking

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ienjoythenyjets;4253625]Wayne Hunter has looked horrible at times this year. On multiple occasions he's missed blocks or gotten flat out beat by guys who wound up getting big hits on Sanchez. He's gotten called for a lot of drive killing penalties and overall hasn't played very well. I've been one of the people frustrated by his play, but today against Buffalo I don't remember his name being mentioned which for him is a very good thing. I don't believe I saw him give up any sacks on Mark nor did he stand out for getting beat on any individual play. Not to say he dominated by any means, but he did enough to not be noticed for poor play, so that alone is a step up for him.[/QUOTE]

He's still clearly one of the biggest frauds on this team. He came up big for us in last years playoffs. This year he's been no better than a turnstile. He clearly wanted to get paid. Now that he did, he doesn't care. I hope the Jets cut him at the end of the season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4253774]He's still clearly one of the biggest frauds on this team. He came up big for us in last years playoffs. This year he's been no better than a turnstile. He clearly wanted to get paid. Now that he did, he doesn't care. I hope the Jets cut him at the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

I dont want him or Mulligan back next year but neither of them had one of their usual negative plays

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunter is close to Anthony Clement status