Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: We Were More Agressive in the Passing Game Today

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

We Were More Agressive in the Passing Game Today

Or at least that's what I think I saw. I can never be sure until I watch the game again, but that's what I felt while watching live. Not in terms of the 40+ yard attempts, we don't have a guy that does that, but in the 10-20 yard range.

Sanchez didn't play well today, but this is the type of game that is going to help him grow as a QB. There's going to be a lot to look at on tape next week.

Again, I can't be sure about this until I see the game again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The playcalling was dumb in my opinion

We were gashing them with the run but had a pass heavy attack that we were fortunate did not lead to multiple INTs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4253665]The playcalling was dumb in my opinion

We were gashing them with the run but had a pass heavy attack that we were fortunate did not lead to multiple INTs[/QUOTE]

I wasn't happy with the playcalling, especially the run:pass split.

I was just talking about the passing game. We've been throwing a ton of passes within the first 10 yards from the LOS this year. Today I thought we worked the intermediate areas much more heavily that we had in previous games.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4253665]The playcalling was dumb in my opinion

We were gashing them with the run but had a pass heavy attack that we were fortunate did not lead to multiple INTs[/QUOTE]

Agree. Every week we hear about how the Jets are going to get back to ground and pound. This week, ground and pound is working. But instead we get Sanchez trying to throw the ball downfield to Burress and Patrick freakin Turner (yes, he had a nice catch on the final drive).

That said, there were definitely some opportunities left on the field in the intermediate game. Sanchez missed a couple of throws, and there were also a couple of times the receivers could have bailed him out.

12 weeks in, and the offense still has too many stretches where it looks like they haven't played together.