Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This game is the reason why Norv turner is a horrible head coach

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This game is the reason why Norv turner is a horrible head coach

I could care less who wins this game.

But I just saw Norv Turner do the ultimate Norv turner move, and play conservative, for a 50 yard field goal, out doors, in overtime.

That is the ultimate Norv move. So, San Diego of coarse misses it, and sets up a short field for Denver to score the winning FG.

If I owned the Chargers, he would not make it to the locker room. Now San Diego's window has closed, but there were a few years there, when they had the best talent in the AFC, and the only thing holding them back was Norv.

When you have thay much talent, you have to reach for the brass ring, and get a good HC, how the Chargers never did that,

I hope they keep Norv, the more bad coaches in the AFC the better for the Pats,, but I had to write about what I just saw, because I could only image what San Diego fans are feeling right now, watching Norv, pull the ultimate Norv.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    +100000000000000000000 That was one of the worst offensive called games I can remember.

But you've got it wrong. It was all the "Tebow Train"

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least he didn't have his QB take a knee and move it 3 yards further back...like Herm.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    also, all those who say he should be our next OC need to stop. hes a bad playcaller and leader.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You needed another reason why Norv turner is a horrible head coach?:confused:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You mean other than bad record, poor play calling, the fact that he let Brees go so the most notable a$$hole in the nfl can qb the team. He's done plenty.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that Norv sucking is something that not only Jet fans, Pats fans and all fans (including Charger fans) can agree on...

I think they should submit a Norv Sucks as a Head Coach resolution in Congress so there could be finally be something that gang of 563 retards could agree on

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets hope Schottenheimer replaces Norv Turner.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    The sports guy had a column a while back where he was relaying a story about his buddy playing blackjack with turner and turner was staying on 15 and 16s. He kept saying "Coach is KILLING me!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That game set back football 50 years

Norv is a fool - he also let the clock run from 1:10 to 35 seconds before finally calling a timoeut. What if Denver's kicker had missed? Chargers wouldn't have had any time left to do anything

The guy is clueless

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254148]Lets hope Schottenheimer replaces Norv Turner.[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4254158]You can't be serious...[/QUOTE]

Yes Brian Schottenheimer replaces Norv Turner as head coach of the Chargers.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254162]Yes Brian Schottenheimer replaces Norv Turner as head coach of the Chargers.[/QUOTE]

That is well within the realm of possibility.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klingon;4254173]That is well within the realm of possibility.[/QUOTE]

Thank You glad you see it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254148]Lets hope Schottenheimer replaces Norv Turner.[/QUOTE]

AJ Smith would not hire Marty Schottenheimer's son to wash his car, let alone coach his team. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254162]Yes Brian Schottenheimer replaces Norv Turner as head coach of the Chargers.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you two know nothing about the business of football and the reasoning as to why Marty was fired after a 14-2 season.

Aj Smith (the Chargers GM for those who only glance at stats on NFL.com or watch Sports Center for all your info) absolutely HATED the Schottenheimers. Couldn't stand them one bit. The straw that broke the camel's back is when Marty tried to use his bullsh*t nepotism stunts that he used on us here to try and have his sh*t for brains son promoted from QB coach to Offensive coordinator.

Aj Smith will NEVER hire our current OC as a coach.

But I'm sure you two knew this info already right? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klingon;4254107]At least he didn't have his QB take a knee and move it 3 yards further back...like Herm.[/QUOTE]

That is such an overlooked fact in the Brien debacle. Played for a 45+ yd FG on grass, and make it harder by having the QB take a knee to center it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4254213]AJ Smith would not hire Marty Schottenheimer's son to wash his car, let alone coach his team. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Shhhh it'll happen man. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klingon;4254107]At least he didn't have his QB take a knee and move it 3 yards further back...like Herm.[/QUOTE]

He basically did, calling three straight runs, the 3rd of which lost them 4 yards...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254177]Thank You glad you see it.[/QUOTE]

Kansas City is also a possibility.