Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Syracuse Fires Assistant Coach Amid Child Molestation Charges

All Pro

Syracuse Fires Assistant Coach Amid Child Molestation Charges

Breaking on CNNSI right now.

Practice Squad
    I'm surprised they fired him. Those accusations sound specious at best.

[QUOTE=Klingon;4254295]I'm surprised they fired him. Those accusations sound specious at best.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Sad if this guy gets railroaded.

All League
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4254345]+1.

Sad if this guy gets railroaded.[/QUOTE]

LOL

[QUOTE=FF2®;4254345]+1.

Sad if this guy gets railroaded.[/QUOTE]

Figures coming from you.....

They changed there name from Redmen to OrangeMen and now this?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The authenticated audio recording of the former ball boy and Mrs Fine was pretty sordid.

The whole family took turns with the kid/guy over the 17 years.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254458]They changed there name from Redmen to OrangeMen and now this?[/QUOTE]

What??? Redmen was St. John's. :eek:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4254461]The authenticated audio recording of the former ball boy and Mrs Fine was pretty sordid.

The whole family took turns with the kid/guy over the 17 years.[/QUOTE]

What? Link? :eek:

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4254461]The authenticated audio recording of the former ball boy and Mrs Fine was pretty sordid.

I missed that....what are you talking about? Pleas elaborate?

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4254471]What??? Redmen was St. John's. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Your right my mistake.

The Syracuse Orange is the nickname used by the athletic teams of Syracuse University. The school is a member of NCAA Division I and the Big East Conference. The school's mascot is Otto the Orange. Teams were previously known (until 2004) as the "Orangemen" and "Orangewomen". The men's basketball, football, men's lacrosse, and women's basketball teams play in the Carrier Dome. Other sports facilities are located at the nearby Manley Field House complex.
    Last edited by GMCJETS; 11-27-2011 at 10:40 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4254478]I missed that....what are you talking about? Pleas elaborate?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7286347/otl-audio-tape-syracuse-orange-assistant-bernie-fine-wife-admits-worries-abuse[/url]

Hall Of Fame

That tape was horrific.

Creepy family.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254482]Your right my mistake.

The Syracuse Orange is the nickname used by the athletic teams of Syracuse University. The school is a member of NCAA Division I and the Big East Conference. The school's mascot is Otto the Orange. Teams were previously known (until 2004) as the "Orangemen" and "Orangewomen". The men's basketball, football, men's lacrosse, and women's basketball teams play in the Carrier Dome. Other sports facilities are located at the nearby Manley Field House complex.[/QUOTE]

You have no idea what you are talking about. So just go post a random link that has nothing to do with the name change.

_

Hall Of Fame
    This really sucks, if true.

I met Bernie Fine a few times at Manley Field House and at school functions in the late 70s early 80s.

I played for the Syracuse Club Hockey Team from 1977-1981 and played Club Baseball 1981-1982 and when injured we had full use of the Manley Field House training facility. I met Fine twice while at the facility and 2 other times at school functions/dinners.

Always seemed like an upstanding person. (No, he never molested me you eejits).

Just got the e-mail from Chancellor Nancy Cantor, as did my sopne who is a junior now.

Here it is:

[I]Dear SU Community:

Tonight, in the wake of troubling new allegations that emerged in the media today, I am writing to let you know that Bernie Fine’s employment at the University has been terminated effective immediately.

Frankly, the events of the past week have shaken us all. The taped phone call that ESPN revealed today was not provided to the university by Mr. Davis during the 2005 investigation by our legal counsel. Like the media review of the case a few years earlier, no other witnesses came forward during the university investigation, and those who felt they knew Bernie best could not imagine what has unfolded.

Since I last wrote to you, we have been cooperating fully with the authorities. On Friday, November 18th, as the District Attorney has noted, we turned over to his office the results of our 2005 months-long investigation. Also on November 18, our Board of Trustees retained an independent law firm, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, to review our procedures in responding to the initial allegations when they first came to the University’s attention. I fully supported that decision and it is vital that we examine our protocols and actions in dealing with such serious allegations. We need to learn all we can from this terrible lesson.

All of us have the responsibility, individually and collectively, to ensure that Syracuse University remains a safe place for every campus community member and everyone with whom we interact on a daily basis on campus or in the community as part of our learning, scholarship, or work. We do not tolerate abuse. If anything good comes out of this tragedy, it will be that this basic principle is reinforced.

Sincerely,

Nancy Cantor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message is being sent to you because of your affiliation with the Syracuse University On-Line Community[/I]

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4254557]You have no idea what you are talking about. So just go post a random link that has nothing to do with the name change.

_[/QUOTE]

I been drinking beer since 12 noon. STFU

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254482]Your right my mistake.

The Syracuse Orange is the nickname used by the athletic teams of Syracuse University. The school is a member of NCAA Division I and the Big East Conference. The school's mascot is Otto the Orange. Teams were previously known (until 2004) as the "Orangemen" and "Orangewomen". The men's basketball, football, men's lacrosse, and women's basketball teams play in the Carrier Dome. Other sports facilities are located at the nearby Manley Field House complex.[/QUOTE]

GMCJets,

In all due repects, I know all about Syracuse and the conference they play in as I attended St. Johns -- a charter Member of the Big East Conference like Syracuse.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254564]I been drinking beer since 12 noon. STFU[/QUOTE]

Was just pointing out you sound like a drunken fool.

Stop posting so as to not further the impression.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4254579]Was just pointing out you sound like a drunken fool.

Stop posting so as to not further the impression.

_[/QUOTE]

I made a mistake. Shoot me. Im no gRunKennnnn fOOOOOOOOOOl

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254584]I made a mistake. Shoot me. Im no gRunKennnnn fOOOOOOOOOOl[/QUOTE]

Your "mistake" was stupid.

Your cutting and pasting a blip to explain your stupid mistake--about Syracuse being in the Big East--which it is no longer a part of--and when it changed it's name with no context to explain the name change-- is just moronic.

We get it, you're drunk.

Don't drive your generator tonite.

Or if you do, post a video.

_