Thread: The Best #2 CB in the league

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The Best #2 CB in the league

For all the Cro supporters out there on this board who love to defend him, I really hope you look at his performance today to see how much damage he does on this team.

1. The 3rd string Punt returner has 1 job - don't fumble. We didn't need a return there, as we were getting great field position, all we needed was a fair catch. But yet again, Cro has no feel for the game or situation, tries to make a return out of it, and fumbles.

2. The following play, he gets burned for a TD, no need for me to elaborate.

3. When we need a stop the ball is caught by a receiver 5 yards in front of the marker with a defender in front of him, but he whiffs on the tackle and lets him get a first down.

**side note he had another defensive pass interference penalty that was declined***

We got lucky with a win today, but had we lost, more blame would fall on him then any other player on the field. He routinely puts our team in bad situations, its amazing anyone could defend him. He is the most overrated player in the NFL!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've been saying this since the beginning of the season but have been told i'm an idiot.

Cro is either a home run or a total bust IMO.

this season he's been more of a bust but that can always change on a dime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    not to excuse Cro, but the best CB in the league had himself a pretty ****ty game, as well.

Revis got burned all game long and gave up a bunch of completions that kept drives alive for Buffalo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    YOU SIR

SAY THE OBVIOUS

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't stand the guy. I don't like football players who don't like contact. I say move on with Wilson next year.

As far as the punt return goes.... He did call for a fair catch. He just missed it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's good cro and bad cro, when's he good he wins playoff games.

he was bad today (he whiffed on that tackle, as was pointed out)

that's kinda the deal with Cromartie, he's got high upside because he can win games. but he can also can lose em.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a good day its Cro, though Denvers2 guy, opposite Baily did well against us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Cro screws up, he really makes it count.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4254328]When Cro screws up, he really makes it count.[/QUOTE]

+1

and how. :(

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4254286]For all the Cro supporters out there on this board who love to defend him, I really hope you look at his performance today to see how much damage he does on this team.

1. The 3rd string Punt returner has 1 job - don't fumble. We didn't need a return there, as we were getting great field position, all we needed was a fair catch. But yet again, Cro has no feel for the game or situation, tries to make a return out of it, and fumbles.

3. When we need a stop the ball is caught by a receiver 5 yards in front of the marker with a defender in front of him, but he whiffs on the tackle and lets him get a first down.

**side note he had another defensive pass interference penalty that was declined***

We got lucky with a win today, but had we lost, more blame would fall on him then any other player on the field. He routinely puts our team in bad situations, its amazing anyone could defend him. He is the most overrated player in the NFL![/QUOTE]

the muffed punt was all on the coaching staff cause he should not have been back there. The Brad Smith play was kind of fluky ... He didn't even mean to catch that ball he was actually just trying to knock the ball down to prevent the INT and the ball ended up taking a favorable bounce coming back into his hands. If anything Cro had a better game than Revis today ..... Revis gave up a TD as well and at one point the Bills were actually going at Revis to the point that you would have though he was a rookie. Cro actually played well today aside from the Brad Smith play and he actually played that as well as you can play that. When the Jets look at the film Cro will see all the good things he did and he'll watch replays of that TD scored on him and realize how fluky of a play it was. Cro literally couldn't have played that any better ..... Brad Smith literally didn't even try to catch the ball tells you how good he felt he was covered.

Cro shouldn't be back there catching punts or returning kicks. Thats the bottom line. As far as a CB is concerned .... he's played very well this season overall. He had a shaky game against the Raiders and Dallas but he's played lights out in both Pats games, Ravens game, and every single one of our wins. He has flaws and we all know that but for what we do he fits perfectly. There isn't a CB in this league as long as Cro that has the type of catch up speed he has. I think we get spoiled by great CB play here as Jet fans but if you follow any other team ..... no teams corners play as consistent as ours do. Our issues is safety and at times that 4th CB position ..... other teams could only dream to get CB play out of their corners the way we do. We're ridiculously spoiled these days as Jet fans with the corners we have. Even with Kyle Wilson ... most teams would trade anything to have him as one of their 2 corners on their team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Conkboy;4254313]I can't stand the guy. I don't like football players who don't like contact. I say move on with Wilson next year.

As far as the punt return goes.... He did call for a fair catch. He just missed it![/QUOTE]

Did you catch Wilson turning in order to break up a pass?, last year he doesn't make that play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cromartie has an absolute thankless job. He plays opposite the most complete CB in the history of the NFL. Not to mention playing on a defense that is more demanding of its CBs than any other defense in the NFL.

Cromartie has his flaws but he will never be judged fairly based on what I have just mentioned.

He is bigger, stronger and as fast as any CB in the league which is why it is so frustrating when he does not dominate. With all his ability he should be way better than Revis is but unfortunately for Cro there is a mental side to the game which he has never and will never master. Tackling takes heart and I do believe Cro lacks heart. I also think that if he had his pick he would be in the NBA b.c he does not like contact. He doesn't even like to make contact with receivers on the line of scrimmage. How many times do we see him start in a press position only to end up bailing right at the snap of the football.

I dont know how much of it is coaching and how much of it is on Cro. But you know he frustrates the hell out of Pettine and Rex. I hope he is able to put it all together before his physical skills diminish.

All that said, the Jets can do a lot worse than Cro as their No. 2 CB. Sure, I wanted Jonathan Joseph over Cro and I think Tanny messed up on that. But thank goodness they didnt sign Asomugha. He would be getting killed in NY right now. He has been thoroughly exposed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4254383]Cromartie has an absolute thankless job. He plays opposite the most complete CB in the history of the NFL. Not to mention playing on a defense that is more demanding of its CBs than any other defense in the NFL.

Cromartie has his flaws but he will never be judged fairly based on what I have just mentioned.

He is bigger, stronger and as fast as any CB in the league which is why it is so frustrating when he does not dominate. With all his ability he should be way better than Revis is but unfortunately for Cro there is a mental side to the game which he has never and will never master. Tackling takes heart and I do believe Cro lacks heart. I also think that if he had his pick he would be in the NBA b.c he does not like contact. He doesn't even like to make contact with receivers on the line of scrimmage. How many times do we see him start in a press position only to end up bailing right at the snap of the football.

I dont know how much of it is coaching and how much of it is on Cro. But you know he frustrates the hell out of Pettine and Rex. I hope he is able to put it all together before his physical skills diminish.

All that said, the Jets can do a lot worse than Cro as their No. 2 CB. Sure, I wanted Jonathan Joseph over Cro and I think Tanny messed up on that. But thank goodness they didnt sign Asomugha. He would be getting killed in NY right now. He has been thoroughly exposed.[/QUOTE]

+1

good post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4254286]
    [/QUOTE]

Burned? Burned might be the overstatement of the century. I know you are frustrated but Cro had absolute blanket coverage to the point that Smith interfered with him. Watch it again and you will see Smith push Cro down by his shoulder pads. It was a freak play. If Cro covered like that on every play he would be going to the HoF.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nnamdi Asomugha.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cromartie is by far the most overrated player on these boards. The guy was absolutely terrible this game, and almost cost us this game.

And just to get it straight....He is simply not challenged that often--Because when he does get thrown at he has played poorly this season. Its just most of the time its so much easier for other teams to go after our LB's and Safeties in coverage.

That was Brad Smith that abused him today in coverage. Someone we know damn well is not in the NFL to even play WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm neither a Cro apologist or hater, but that TD wasn't his fault. It was a fluke. He had blanket coverage, but the ball happened to pop straight up in the air and Smith had a better position on it at that point.

However, I was cursing him to hell on that muffed punt, as well as the coaching staff for putting him back there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not defending Cromartie by any means, but what the hell does a fumbled punt have to do with his ability as a CB.

He's a streaky player, the good comes with the bad. Unfortunately it's been more bad than good this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. The muffed punt is on the coaching staff.

2. He played great D on the Smith TD, he deflected the pass in one on one coverage, Smith got a lucky bounce and made a great play.

3. That was a pathetic attempt at a tackle, I could not believe it when I saw it.