Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I'm Plax, I'm a little p*ssed--NFL brethren mocks him?

Hall Of Fame

If I'm Plax, I'm a little p*ssed--NFL brethren mocks him?

Like Plax or not, think Plax is an idiot or not, how does an NFL player--one of the brethren, mock a fellow player that ended up 2 years in jail for shooting himself.

Plax is being the bigger man here, but you can't mock a fellow player like this. It's one thing have having a fan or a rival fan mock you, but a fellow player? It's just dooshy.

What a dick.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Stevie-Johnson-shoots-self-in-foot-with-TD-celeb?urn=nfl-wp12633[/url]

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Stevie-Johnson-shoots-self-in-foot-with-TD-celeb?urn=nfl-wp12633[/url]

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/27/stevie-johnson-rips-plaxico-jets-bills-loss_n_1115409.html[/url]

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Buffalo's Stevie Johnson said [B]he was "just having fun" when he mocked being shot in the thigh after a touchdown catch Sunday.[/B] He recognized after a 28-24 loss to Plaxico Burress and the Jets that his celebration hurt the Bills.

Actually, though, the Bills wide receiver was penalized 15 yards for another celebration following his 5-yard scoring catch that put Buffalo ahead 14-7 in the second quarter. Johnson drew the flag for going to the ground while imitating the Jets' "flight" celebration at the other side of the end zone.

"[B]I was just having fun[/B] and part of having fun ended up being a penalty and a touchdown for the Jets," Johnson said. "It was a stupid decision by myself."

The penalty forced Buffalo to kick off from its 20-yard line. Dave Rayner, a substitute for injured kicker Rian Lindell, mis-hit the intended squib kick and it bounced off the Jets' Emmanuel Cook, who recovered at the Buffalo 36. New York scored on a 14-yard pass from Mark Sanchez to Burress with 1:03 remaining in the half to make it 14-14.

Burress, of course, served 20 months in prison for shooting himself in the leg in a nightclub in 2008 while he was with the Giants.

[B]Asked if his demonstration was meant as a personal knock at Burress, Johnson said "not at all."[/B]

"I can't be doing that," he added. "I cost my team seven points. I feel I cost our team a win."

Burress, who made a spectacular catch on the Jets' late drive for the winning touchdown, said he wasn't aware of what Johnson did.

[B]"I've seen worse, and I've heard worse," Burress said. "So, it doesn't bother me at all. The result I'm looking at is we won the football game ... and he turned around and dropped three wide-open balls to lose it for his team.[/B]

[B]"I mean, I've already been through the wringer with that whole situation, so I've dealt with it accordingly and put those things behind me. You're going to see things, you're going to hear things, or whatever it may be, but it doesn't bother me at all.[/B]

"He's a young player and I like him a lot. I think he's a great young talent and is going to be a great player in this league."

Although Bills coach Chan Gailey said he didn't see what action drew the penalty either, he criticized his team for a lack of maturity.

"One of the things today was a lack of discipline and we have got to get that straightened out," Gailey said. "We need that kind of emotion without those glaring errors."

Gailey told Johnson immediately after the penalty, "You can't do that stuff, it hurts the team."

Johnson also had a key drop near the Jets' goal line as Buffalo drove downfield in the final moments. Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said it came on a play "we drew up in the dirt ... in the huddle."

Johnson was wide open on the pass from the New York 47 and got both hands on the ball inside the Jets 25. But he couldn't hold on.

"I didn't react fast enough," he said. `It could have been a touchdown."

Last year, Johnson's drop cost the Bills a potential winning TD in overtime against Pittsburgh. He was inconsolable after that loss, but not quite so devastated Sunday.

"We're human and we've got to learn," Johnson said. "If we stop learning, what's the point of living?"

_

When he scored the TD and did the celebration the first time, I didn't catch that 'cause I was too p-ssed.

But when one of the guys in the postgame show pointed it out, I saw his imitation of Plax and I guarantee you that if Plax was out on the field, he would've whooped Stevie's azz for disrespecting him like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Maybe Stevie Johnson shouldn't had 'pretended' to shoot himself.. after all he dropped 2 very catchable balls after pulling the trigger

Why didnt our defense t off on Stevie Johnson after that happened. This is what I mean about no guts or heart.

[QUOTE=shuler82;4254408]Maybe Stevie Johnson shouldn't had 'pretended' to shoot himself.. after all he dropped 2 very catchable balls after pulling the trigger[/QUOTE]

I call that KARMA coming back to bite him in the ass.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4254423]Why didnt our defense t off on Stevie Johnson after that happened. This is what I mean about no guts or heart.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between guts, heart & being stupid. It cost his team. That is what counts.

How can he say that wasnt a personal attack at Plax?

I mean get real. Thats worse than the SUH post game interview from Thursday night.

Plax wasnt even a NY Jets when he shot himself in the leg.

But like you guys said....KARMA!!!

[QUOTE=djaparz;4254440]There is a difference between guts, heart & being stupid. It cost his team. That is what counts.[/QUOTE]

They could have laid him out coming over the middle. There are opportunities to shell out punishment without being penalized. DAMMIT this is football.

Veteran
    Plax does deserve a little ribbing from his peers, but I think verbal is enough.

Hall Of Fame
    This is all much ado about nothing. Plax has a second lease on life and the Jets gave him 3 million to jump start it. I doubt he really gives a sh*t. Jail gives a man perspective.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The NFL will fine Johnson for his TD gesture as it is detrimental to the league, and sets a very bad precedent. It's far worse than TO's Sharpie nonsense which was just silly. Johnson's antics were malicious towards Plaxico, not to mention that a 'shooting gun' can be interpreted very differently by children, parents, gang members, etc.

The fine is coming. I'm thinking $20,000.

SAR I

All League
    plax's quote is awesome

[QUOTE=SAR I;4254509]The NFL will fine Johnson for his TD gesture as it is detrimental to the league, and sets a very bad precedent. It's far worse than TO's Sharpie nonsense which was just silly. Johnson's antics were malicious towards Plaxico, not to mention that a 'shooting gun' can be interpreted very differently by children, parents, gang members, etc.

The fine is coming. I'm thinking $20,000.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

not to mention the fact that after the "shooting gun" he proceeded to the "airplane" celebration and "crashed" into the ground.

NY is not the best place to make fun of crashing planes.

Why would this surprise you. The NFL has many many immature and arrogant morons who do this kind of stuff all the time.

All League
    Make mistakes, learn and become a better man. Clearly Plax has done that. Good for him

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4254529]not to mention the fact that after the "shooting gun" he proceeded to the "airplane" celebration and "crashed" into the ground.

NY is not the best place to make fun of crashing planes.[/QUOTE]

Not excusing his behavior, but that's a huge stretch.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Bob Costas just did an opinion piece at halftime on NBC ripping into Johnson and all the other celebratory fools who embarass themselves and cost their teams dearly with their selfish behavior. Was well done.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4254592]Bob Costas just did an opinion piece at halftime on NBC ripping into Johnson and all the other celebratory fools who embarass themselves and cost their teams dearly with their selfish behavior. Was well done.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Did he mention anything about the excessive honoring of our Military that you despise so much? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    I saw him dancing like an ignoramus after his catch and saw he got flagged -- no mention I think from Marv and Gannon ---

if it had been Tone they would have spent 20 minutes ripping him and Rex for allowing him to do it...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;4254599]I saw him dancing like an ignoramus after his catch and saw he got flagged -- no mention I think from Marv and Gannon ---

if it had been Tone they would have spent 20 minutes ripping him and Rex for allowing him to do it...[/QUOTE]

Yea...when watching the game on TV....you would have never know there was a penalty until you saw when they lined up on the kick-off. Bad job by the announcers for not picking up on the whole situation.