Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calvin Pace is officially a bust for the Jets.

Calvin Pace is officially a bust for the Jets.

I know he got some boosted numbers cause our secondary was lights out with 8 sacks in 12 games 2 years ago but he hasn't done much. Last year I know he played injured but the reason we didn't draft a pass rusher last year or this year was cause Rex said that Pace was our pass rusher. He said it last year talking about his 8 sacks in 12 games and all this past off season saying he played injured all last year and they expect big things from him now. Well 11 games in ... big things haven't arrived. If anybody here actually watches what goes on up front you'd see Maybin getting double teamed by NE and today especially after he beat his man fairly easily twice. Whlie Maybin is drawing double teams and out of all people Marcus Dixon at one point ... Pace is 1 on 1 with his man on the other side of the field and looks like he's in quick sand. He's the type of guy that makes 2 or 3 impacts in a game looking REALLY good one week and then you won't hear from him again for 3 or 4 weeks. Thats not what we signed. He's way too inconsistent and isn't playing up to the value of what we're paying him for. I didn't hear his name 1 time today .... Thats not a good sign for a guy who's supposed to be an impact play making linebacker.

This guy is officially a bust. This was his season to make everything worth it. With the emergence of Maybin everything has opened up for another pass rusher on this team .... none of them have taken advantage and this is the guy who was paid to do so.

Pace will end up with around 7 sacks this year and has been excellent against the run.

He hasn't been a bust by any standard. I can buy an argument of somewhat disappointing, but not a bust.

Practice Squad
    Bust is a bit harsh. He's average and inconsistent

Not an elite player but we should have known that when we signed him. He's having an ok year, but he's a really inconsistent player. Like you said, he'll disappear for 2 or 3 games

Lol. All your threads suck.

Got to agree. The guy was supposed to be a beast but has been border line average in the pass rush. If we had a guy that can beat his man once in a while at the rate it seems mayhem is drawing doubles, the pass rush would be down right scary!!!

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4254724]Lol. All your threads suck.[/QUOTE]

lol owned

+1

[QUOTE=Super Newb;4254728]lol owned[/QUOTE]

+2

Yep!! Calvin Pace officially takes a dump and ****s on this thread.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4254710]I know he got some boosted numbers cause our secondary was lights out with 8 sacks in 12 games 2 years ago but he hasn't done much. Last year I know he played injured but the reason we didn't draft a pass rusher last year or this year was cause Rex said that Pace was our pass rusher. He said it last year talking about his 8 sacks in 12 games and all this past off season saying he played injured all last year and they expect big things from him now. Well 11 games in ... big things haven't arrived. If anybody here actually watches what goes on up front you'd see Maybin getting double teamed by NE and today especially after he beat his man fairly easily twice. Whlie Maybin is drawing double teams and out of all people Marcus Dixon at one point ... Pace is 1 on 1 with his man on the other side of the field and looks like he's in quick sand. He's the type of guy that makes 2 or 3 impacts in a game looking REALLY good one week and then you won't hear from him again for 3 or 4 weeks. Thats not what we signed. He's way too inconsistent and isn't playing up to the value of what we're paying him for. I didn't hear his name 1 time today .... Thats not a good sign for a guy who's supposed to be an impact play making linebacker.

This guy is officially a bust. This was his season to make everything worth it. With the emergence of Maybin everything has opened up for another pass rusher on this team .... none of them have taken advantage and this is the guy who was paid to do so.[/QUOTE]

:zzz: this is a joke I hope

Yes please write more paragraphs of worthless ****.

Jets Insider VIP
    this place would be way better if you WERE DONE

Veteran
    JAG

Practice Squad
    LadainianIMnotDONE is officially a bust.

All Pro
    The Jets haven't gotten what they hoped for from Pace, but he's far from a bust.

He's great against the run and he's been playing a decent amount of coverage lately. Pace is not the problem with this defense.

All Pro
    Yeah Calvin is the problem. That's what I took out of this game too.:rolleyes: If only Shotty could suit up and replace him...and we could let Pace call the offensive plays.

Isn't Bart Scott More of a Bust?

Other than being a quotable loud mouth?

Jets Insider VIP
    Pace is a bust. He was brought here to put pressure on the qb which he does not do. Being good against the run and playing in pass coverage is not what he is here to do.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't even know how to respond to this.

SMH

pace doesn't suck, but he's not anything special. and the more guys you have on a unit who aren't anything special, the more average the unit gets. that's why the jets defense really isn't anything great. can't get off the field against buffalo most of the game. lost the denver game. nearly lost yesterday's game, if not for horrendous dropped passes.