Thread: Sanchez has a lot of work to do for sure, but...

All League

Sanchez has a lot of work to do for sure, but...

When the game is on the line, I like my chances with him having the ball in his hands. He has the ability to put whatever troubles he's had previous to that point, to the backburner..

Before I get bombarded with the usual "F Sanchez he's the worst" sentiments, I'm not saying he played well yesterday.. I'm not saying much about his play this season, (i think he's been roughly average but this thread isnt about that), but Ill say this

1) You can't teach mental toughness and the ability to perform in the clutch...even on the worst of days. Sanchez seems to have that..

2) How can so many want to discard a QB who has improved each year he's been in the league, and leads the league in fourth quarter comebacks in the last 2 years along with being as good as he has been in the postseason?

I'm aware that he has a lot of work to do, and he can be EXTREMELY frustrating, but the guy is a gamer and trustworthy when things get rough. That's gotta be endearing on some level, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed

All League
    good post.. i like sanchez and i believe he has the intangibles to warrant the reason the team moved up in the draft to pick him up.. the knowledgeable jet fan knows the real reason why we have the record we have so far..... route design and the lack of reading defenses better seem to jump out at me the most. :yes: