Thread: Next week

All League

Next week

Anybody making the trip to DC for Sunday's game?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Definitely interested but haven't looked at tix or hotels yet. I can ride shotgun if anyone's driving.

Jets Insider VIP
    was planning this as a road trip but a family thing came up and screwed it up

All Pro
    Yup, 30 minutes away from home or so and was given two tix and a parking pass for free.

Practice Squad
    I am going with 9 other people, caravanning down Friday night and doing a weekend thing there.. Anyone have any good spots to hit up?

Also, what is parking like? Can you tailgate without a parking pass?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I was supposed to head down but plans are up in the air. I briefly looked into it, and the stadium seems to be located in the middle of nowhere without any decent post game dining/bars for 4pm and 8pm game viewing..

Veteran
    Relocated down here 6 months ago, so I am def. going...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Looks like about $200 for the round trip 3-hr Amtrak RT. $100 more for an upper 10th row 50yl seat. Only thing is, 6 hrs of my day stuck in a train. Still might do it. Has any1 done the Amtrak/Metro trip?

I have been on the Redskins waiting/fan list for years in cas eI ever needed to go for work. Got this email today...

Dear Redskins Fan,

Due to Visiting Player Ticket Returns, a limited number of General Admission tickets are available for the Redskins vs. Jets game on December 4th. Ticket prices start at $64 (plus tax). If you are interested in purchasing tickets for the Redskins vs. Jets game at face value, please click here.

Due to the limited number of tickets, we expect they will be sold out quickly. For more information and to purchase Inside-the-Beltway parking, contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050.

Here is the link....

[url]http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/150046E8B1F54C23?artistid=806041&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

GA? I've been to that stadium but can't remember how that works. You going Flagman?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;4255491]Looks like about $200 for the round trip 3-hr Amtrak RT. $100 more for an upper 10th row 50yl seat. Only thing is, 6 hrs of my day stuck in a train. Still might do it. Has any1 done the Amtrak/Metro trip?[/QUOTE]

Can you easily transfer from Amtrak to the Metro Blue Line besides going from Union Station? I wouldn't assume that you can. If you have to go all the way in to Union Station, take the red line to Metro Center and then transfer to the Blue Line to go out to the stadium, it could be a real shlep. Its doable, but it will take you a helluva lot longer than 3 hrs to get there. The non-Acela takes 3:15 or so, then figure another hour, at least, with all the transferring and waiting, to get out to Fed Ex. Don't know how far the Metro is to the Stadium, but I've only heard bad things about getting there from friends who live there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;4255520]Can you easily transfer from Amtrak to the Metro Blue Line besides going from Union Station? I wouldn't assume that you can. If you have to go all the way in to Union Station, take the red line to Metro Center and then transfer to the Blue Line to go out to the stadium, it could be a real shlep. Its doable, but it will take you a helluva lot longer than 3 hrs to get there. The non-Acela takes 3:15 or so, then figure another hour, at least, with all the transferring and waiting, to get out to Fed Ex. Don't know how far the Metro is to the Stadium, but I've only heard bad things about getting there from friends who live there.[/QUOTE]I think amtrak stops at King St? Definitely not willing to travel another hr once I arrive, so this idea is a bust. If any1 is willing to drive I'll buy a $100 50yl upper ticket for you.

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;4255508]GA? I've been to that stadium but can't remember how that works. You going Flagman?[/QUOTE]

no, got a xmas party Sunday. Wanted to though...