View Poll Results: Which Young Player's Development are you Most Excited About?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maybin

13 18.84%
  • Wilkerson

35 50.72%
  • K. Wilson

9 13.04%
  • Kerley

3 4.35%
  • K. Ellis

4 5.80%
  • Westerman

0 0%
  • J. McKnight

5 7.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which young player's development are you most excited about?

All Pro

Which young player's development are you most excited about?

Bored at work so let's try something:

Which of our young player's are you most excited for in the future and why. We have a number of young up and comers who show signs of have solid careers in the green and white. Who will be your favorite to watch develop and why?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Mo Wilkerson, kid is already a force on that defensive line. He is an excellent young player.

All Pro
    Mine is Maybin because he provides that spark in the pass rush that we have lacked. I also think his ceiling is much higher than a lot of people on this board thinks as well. I think if he continues to play and practice with intensity, and has the hunger to get better in addition to a weight and strength training program in the offseason, he can be our long term solution at OLB and can be a 10-15 sack a year player.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4255073]Mo Wilkerson, kid is already a force on that defensive line. He is an excellent young player.[/QUOTE]

+1

he's gonna be REALLY good :yes:

ps -- McKnight should be on that list.

I would have chose Maybin, but I feel like if we start asking more of him instead of just 'go get the qb' the he won't be as productive. Hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be a beast down the road.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4255079]+1

he's gonna be REALLY good :yes:

ps -- McKnight should be on that list.[/QUOTE]

you're absoultely right, I made it so quick and didn't actually think it through about the choices, I don't know how to fix it but if a mod can fix it and add McKnight it would be greatly appreciated :yes:

Edit: Thanks to whoever added McKnight!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Look at those names. With the exception of Kerley, they're all on defense. (EDIT: McKnight wasn't there when I replied)

This bodes well for our D, and at every level - Line (Wilkerson, Ellis), LB (Maybin, Westerman...although we need more), Secondary (Wilson).

It doesn't bode so well for our offense....we need a big play offensive threat. We don't have it. Kerley will be a good slot guy. Santonio is a decent #1 but there are easily 10 guys in the league I'd take over him. Greene is a good RB but he doesn't really scare anyone.

I can't help but look around the league at guys like Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson, etc. and salivate at the their big play ability. We need a spark like that.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 11-28-2011 at 11:04 AM.

All Pro
    Maybin is one of my favorite (always excited when he steps on the field) but I would still say Wilkerson. He should lock down one DE spot for us for the next decade and develop into a true monster upfront. Look how good he is already doing without a real training camp or offseason. He can easily add another 10 lbs of muscle and then he will just be unstoppable. It seems he is already having like two tackles for loss in every game and also gets some decent pressure on the QB from time to time...

Hall Of Fame
    Maybin - Has played well but lets not kid ourselves, he is a one trick pony. Nowhere near being an every down DE.

Wilkerson - Started off very poorly. Single handily ruined the Jets run defense in beginning of year. Has played very well the past 5 games or so. He no longer gets washed down the line. Just wish he had more pass rush ability. I do not think he will end up being as good as Ellis was. Ellis was a Pro Bowler. He will be a solid player however.

K. Wilson - Easily the most improved player from last year. Bigger and Stronger this year. And he has learned to turn his head around which is probably the reason for his success.

Kerley - TBD

K. Ellis - TBD. I do not have high hopes for him b.c I think he is too tall to be effective. His pad level is way too high. He has to learn to play with leverage.

Westerman - Have seen enough. I would stay away from Rutgers guys from now on.

J. McKnight - Would like to see him get more touches. I think he will next year after LT retires. Needs to learn how to hold the ball. HIGH AND TIGHT.

Veteran
    McKnight. Seeing him with the ball in his hands on offense highlights what we've been missing since Leon Washington's departure - a running back who is capable of taking it to the house. He seems to be getting more comfortable running between the tackles and I love that Schotty is starting to feed him some screen passes. I hope he continues to get touches after LT returns because he adds a dimension to the Jets offense that is badly needed.

Mark Sanchez...

On D, I'm going Maybin!! Give the kid an off season with Rex and the D coaches he'll be a beast. On O, I'm going Mcknight. The kid has all the tools and moves to be DANGEROUS. He just needs the reps imo.

[QUOTE=Chupa;4255140]Mark Sanchez...[/QUOTE]

Lol

Jets Insider VIP
    None. Sorry. :(

Jets Insider VIP
    McKnight, Wilson, Kerley, Wilkerson and Mayhem

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4255140]Mark Sanchez...[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4255094]Look at those names. [B]With the exception of Kerley, they're all on defense. (EDIT: McKnight wasn't there when I replied)[/B]

This bodes well for our D, and at every level - Line (Wilkerson, Ellis), LB (Maybin, Westerman...although we need more), Secondary (Wilson).

It doesn't bode so well for our offense....we need a big play offensive threat. We don't have it. Kerley will be a good slot guy. Santonio is a decent #1 but there are easily 10 guys in the league I'd take over him. Greene is a good RB but he doesn't really scare anyone.

I can't help but look around the league at guys like Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson, etc. and salivate at the their big play ability. We need a spark like that.[/QUOTE]

it's OK

McKnight plays defense TOO

All Pro
    Lots of love for Mo, I think he will be a BEAST!!!

No love for Kerley?? I think he will be a stud slot receiver who can move the chains for us, he's already shown some flashes of that....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I voted Wilkerson, but it was a tough choice between he and Kyle Wilson...

All Pro
    Great thread idea.

For me, it might actually be Kendrick Ellis.

As good as Wilkerson has looked, I actually think Ellis has more long term potential as a dominant force on the line. His measurables are pretty impressive and I like what I've seen in his limited action this season.

Wilkerson, Wilson, and McKnight are all players I'm very excited about however.

Maybin and Kerley I like, but I'm not sure how optimistic I am about their long term upside.