Thread: Random Game Day Observations

Random Game Day Observations

Did anyone else notice this at game on Sunday?

The cameraman in the wheelchair who always sits in corner by section 146 was not there. I have seen him at every game rain or shine, anyone kow what happend to him?

Cupholders!!!! Those seats in 134/133, 144/143, 109/108 and 117.118 row one seats finally got cup holders. Due to odd metal pull out thing they sit on and no perm wall in front you had to put cups on floor. But they now have odd cuprests on arms that are very weird as your elbow will go into drink if you don't watch out.

What is up with B-list movie and tv stars on Screen during games?, Michael J Fox, Dective with hat from Dexter etc. Half the folks on this site are bigger VIPs.

What was up with Bills fans on camera yesterday, girl near me who was cute, ok in Bills hat was on camera twice. She was not that cute and she was a Bills fan!!

Cheerleaders, found out boots are cheap vinyl, one cheerleader told me. Come on Jets shell out for better boots, they look like 1980s High School Cheerleader boots.

Taunting celebration. I barely saw it, had to look at camera twice. Meanwhile on very next TD Jets had, our player slamdunked it over upright. Why is that ok and why did Jet player do that in a tight game a few minutes after Bills got called for showing off in end zone.

Cromortie dropped Punt Return, was it me or did he seem like he did not even care he dropped it.

Traffic, I got off exit ramp for stadium at 12:30 and was flying right into a spot, no wait at all. Strange, then coming home was flying out of stadium till I hit tunnel traffic. Did everyone get there hours early and stay late? I had a baby sitter as I was taking wife so goal was to see whole game and not dilly dally, mission accomplished.

Empty seats. There were patches of good seats open but meanwhile UD EZ last rows were filled, strangely no one moved down. Guess they like row 26 UD EZ, who would have thought.

Chase seats. Chase had seats for sale at face in lower level PSL LL EZ corners, They must have sold them all as I saw more empty seats in lower touchdown corner and lower goal line where Chase was not selling seats. Chase also has those seats for sale for chiefs at $125 a pop.

Who the heck was peeing and smoking cigars in the overpass that takes you to lot B/D during game. The smell was outrageous. Please stop it now.

Chase house give away to Vets, people cheered, people liked it, keep up good work chase.

Also what was up with this guy "JetMan" in row one in section 142, he had a whole faux fireman ed thing going on and has the seat approximately when the Fireman was sitting in old stadium. Guy even had a huge cape that said Jet Man, A jet on his head, Jet Makeup and tons of beads and was apparantly by himself. No wonder, get a life buddy!!

Fantastic day to be at stadium for game. Great weather and a win.

Good to see Revis can be human and we can still win. But you can't win five more in a row with circus catches.

Watching game on TV you don't experience all the little weird things that make game day interesting.

[QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4255200]
    What is up with B-list movie and tv stars on Screen during games?, [b]Michael J Fox[/b], Dective with hat from Dexter etc. Half the folks on this site are bigger VIPs.

[/quote]

Michael J Fox.....A B-list movie and TV Star? BITE YOUR TONGUE! :mad:

[quote]Cheerleaders, found out boots are cheap vinyl, one cheerleader told me. Come on Jets shell out for better boots, they look like 1980s High School Cheerleader boots. [/quote]

So you were paying more attention to their boots than the Cheerleaders themselves. How old are you again? :rolleyes:

[quote]Taunting celebration. I barely saw it, had to look at camera twice. Meanwhile on very next TD Jets had, our player slamdunked it over upright. Why is that ok and why did Jet player do that in a tight game a few minutes after Bills got called for showing off in end zone. [/quote]

Because I think once a player goes down to the ground again during the celebration, it's automatically a penalty for excessive celebration.

[quote]Cromortie dropped Punt Return, was it me or did he seem like he did not even care he dropped it. [/quote]

Yeah man. Cro just didn't give a f-ck about helping the Jets team win a game. He deliberately messed up 'cause he just did not even care. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[quote]Traffic, I got off exit ramp for stadium at 12:30 and was flying right into a spot, no wait at all. Strange, then coming home was flying out of stadium till I hit tunnel traffic. Did everyone get there hours early and stay late? I had a baby sitter as I was taking wife so goal was to see whole game and not dilly dally, mission accomplished. [/quote]

Are you sure you wouldn't be better served putting this on FACEBOOK or Twitter or something?

[quote]Empty seats. There were patches of good seats open but meanwhile UD EZ last rows were filled, strangely no one moved down. Guess they like row 26 UD EZ, who would have thought. [/quote]

Twitter....yes. Definitely Twitter.

[quote]Chase seats. Chase had seats for sale at face in lower level PSL LL EZ corners, They must have sold them all as I saw more empty seats in lower touchdown corner and lower goal line where Chase was not selling seats. Chase also has those seats for sale for chiefs at $125 a pop. [/quote]

That's.....good to know.

[quote]Who the heck was peeing and smoking cigars in the overpass that takes you to lot B/D during game. The smell was outrageous. Please stop it now. [/quote]

That's.........REAL good to know.

[quote]Chase house give away to Vets, people cheered, people liked it, keep up good work chase. [/quote]

I feel like this whole post is one big TWEET.

[quote]Also what was up with this guy "JetMan" in row one in section 142, he had a whole faux fireman ed thing going on and has the seat approximately when the Fireman was sitting in old stadium. Guy even had a huge cape that said Jet Man, A jet on his head, Jet Makeup and tons of beads and was apparantly by himself. No wonder, get a life buddy!![/quote]

I'm tempted to point out the irony of your last sentence but......nevermind.

[quote]Good to see Revis can be human and we can still win. But you can't win five more in a row with circus catches.

Watching game on TV you don't experience all the little weird things that make game day interesting.[/QUOTE]

Weird things like this thread? ;)

My favorite was the guy in a full flight suit and helmet in the bathroom. Thought he was one of the military people who showed up for the game until he turned around and I saw that the front of his helmet said "JETS".

All League
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4255287]My favorite was the guy in a full flight suit and helmet in the bathroom. Thought he was one of the military people who showed up for the game until he turned around and I saw that the front of his helmet said "JETS".[/QUOTE]

Leaving my section at halftime, I saw a man, abut 50 years old, wearing a Jets jersey.

Very common until I notice the D-bag was also wearing white football pants, long shocks and cleats. Unless he is special needs, there is no excuse for dressing like that.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 11-28-2011 at 01:07 PM.

[QUOTE=Digetydog;4255372]Leaving my section at halftime, I saw a man, abut 50 years old, wearing a Jets jersey.

Very common until I notice the D-bag was also wearing white football pants, long shocks and cleats. Unless he is special needs, there is no excuse for dressing like that.[/QUOTE]

don't tell the Ray-duhs fans.

[QUOTE=Digetydog;4255372]Leaving my section at halftime, I saw a man, abut 50 years old, wearing a Jets jersey.

Very common until I notice the D-bag was also wearing white football pants, long shocks and cleats. Unless he is special needs, there is no excuse for dressing like that.[/QUOTE]

Was he with a midget and a russian croosdresser?

I think I saw that guy while walking through the parking lot to get in the stadium. Were the football pants he was wearing pretty short?

As for game observations, what did everybody think of the reception Sanchez got for the offensive introductions? It seemed like probably about 65% of the response for him was booing, and maybe 35% cheering. Wayne Hunter basically got booed entirely, which he deserves, because he sucks. Personally, I think Sanchez deserved the lukewarm response, because he's been playing like **** (and really he didn't play well yesterday, the stats are misleading), but nonetheless I was surprised that he got that response...

Jets Insider VIP
    Cro def had the look of someone who did not give a crap, showed no emotion on either the punt fumble or Brad Smith TD...

Revis was playing not to get beat deep. Gave up the underneath passes and made the tackle.

Leonard plays too far off the line (20-30 yards)

Sanchez had his success on the run. Pocket was a disaster. He def appears that he can't see over the line. Needs to be on the move. Can't for the life of me figure out why he does not do that... He is not 6'5"....

Holmes and Sanchez were not on the same page on some of the sideline patterns. Looked like Holmes was doing it to prove a point somewhere, it was that far off.....

Buffalo was jumping the route. Easily could have have at least 3 more INTs

Greene played great, hitting the line hard.

Need to get McKnight at last 3-5 more touches a game. He is the lightning to Greenes thunder (yes stole that from some other team in NY/NJ)

Maybin never stops running, always trying to get in the play. Enjoyable to watch in person...

Pace is slow, but Macintyre is really slow in pursuit. So yes, we need new blood at LB...

Fans made some good noise. Most were there at the end

The music after the Jets score stinks

Stevie Johnson had a drop for every great catch. Wide open drop on the last drive... Must have been planning his next dance....

D line had a nice game stopping the run... too bad they can't pass rush...

Tailgate was great and weather perfect....

Always a good time when the Jets win, especially the way they did. Reason we go to the game and stay the whole time...

All League
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4255469]Was he with a midget and a russian croosdresser?[/QUOTE]

He was not a midget. The only midget I spotted at the game was some guy who appeared to be on the Bills training staff.

[QUOTE=Digetydog;4255494]He was not a midget. The only midget I spotted at the game was some guy who appeared to be on the Bills training staff.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h398/Alkrotraz/bills.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The gameday experience at yesterday's Bills game was the very best so far.

My only continued complaints are:

1. Tailgaters taking up multiple spots, rules not being enforced.

2. Tailgaters throwing footballs in the parking lots, rules not being enforced.

3. The non-stop noise level from kickoff to the final gun. The only time you get a moment of peace-and-quiet is when the ball is snapped. Every other moment of downtime we are bombarded with death-metal music, commercials, radio play-by-play, and cheerleading routines. It's not a coincidence that the crowd is exhausted by the 3rd quarter and lacking energy to cheer on the defense; we have migraines from the over-saturation of non-stop media.

4. The lack of game-feel by the staff working the audio and video. Bad enough there's too much non-stop noise. But putting up the graphic "CHEER LOUDER!" when no one is cheering at all? Putting up Bart Scott asking for noise after he's blown a tackle? Putting up the sound level meter with piped-in crowd noise when we're in the midst of giving up a disappointing 70 yard drive against our D? These guys need to pay attention to the flow of the game and the emotions of the fans. They are way out of sync.

5. Fireman Ed making his patented "[I]I'm So Disappointed In You Fans[/I]" face when we're too punch-drunk from losing in the fourth quarter that we don't want to do his sophomoric J-E-T-S chant. I counted 5 occasions where he tried to get the crowd into it and was completely ignored. It's good that he was ignored, not good that he tries to make us feel bad about it.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4255853]
    5. Fireman Ed making his patented "[I]I'm So Disappointed In You Fans[/I]" face when we're too punch-drunk from losing in the fourth quarter that we don't want to do his sophomoric J-E-T-S chant. I counted 5 occasions where he tried to get the crowd into it and was completely ignored. It's good that he was ignored, not good that he tries to make us feel bad about it.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You should challenge him to a fight, SAR. :D

My complaint is that the cheerleaders are too hot and I can't pick a favorite.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Vin;4256036]You should challenge him to a fight, SAR. [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/037/Purple/ef/5a/f1/mzl.sjtbpqqu.320x480-75.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://cdn3.staztic.com/screenshots/ny-jets-fireman-ed-app-7-4.jpg[/IMG]

No need.

Watching him being ignored is absolutely fine, it's worse pain for him than I could ever administer. He's become Mr. Irrelevant. Not sure what took so long. Oh, but he has an App. Isn't that great? An App.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 11-28-2011 at 08:30 PM.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4255853]The gameday experience at yesterday's Bills game

3. The non-stop noise level from kickoff to the final gun. The only time you get a moment of peace-and-quiet is when the ball is snapped. Every other moment of downtime we are bombarded with death-metal music, commercials, radio play-by-play, and cheerleading routines. It's not a coincidence that the crowd is exhausted by the 3rd quarter and lacking energy to cheer on the defense; we have migraines from the over-saturation of non-stop media.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I agree about the amount of entertainment programing that the crowd is subject to. It's really a crowd buzz kill sitting through some video package shown on the screen, factor that into all the night games with their extended TV time outs and the game loses it flow. The players are standing around and the crowd is busy with other distractions of the stadium eg. looking for the cleaner, bigger bathrooms.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4255853]The gameday experience at yesterday's Bills game was the very best so far.

My only continued complaints are:

1. Tailgaters taking up multiple spots, rules not being enforced.

2. Tailgaters throwing footballs in the parking lots, rules not being enforced.

3. [B]The non-stop noise level from kickoff to the final gun. The only time you get a moment of peace-and-quiet is when the ball is snapped. Every other moment of downtime we are bombarded with death-metal music, commercials, radio play-by-play, and cheerleading routines.[/B] It's not a coincidence that the crowd is exhausted by the 3rd quarter and lacking energy to cheer on the defense; we have migraines from the over-saturation of non-stop media.

4. [B]The lack of game-feel by the staff working the audio and video. Bad enough there's too much non-stop noise. But putting up the graphic "CHEER LOUDER!" when no one is cheering at all? Putting up Bart Scott asking for noise after he's blown a tackle? Putting up the sound level meter with piped-in crowd noise when we're in the midst of giving up a disappointing 70 yard drive against our D? [/B] These guys need to pay attention to the flow of the game and the emotions of the fans. They are way out of sync.

5. [B]Fireman Ed making his patented "[I]I'm So Disappointed In You Fans[/I]" face when we're too punch-drunk from losing in the fourth quarter that we don't want to do his sophomoric J-E-T-S chant. [/B] I counted 5 occasions where he tried to get the crowd into it and was completely ignored. It's good that he was ignored, not good that he tries to make us feel bad about it.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

These made me laugh.

3) when did we become the NBA where we play music when there is NO time out?

4) were you at the game earlier this year when Joe Nolan's introductions were off a person as they were running out of the tunnel? LOL

5) He stands there and waits for the camera to go on him then he goes crazy when nobody is looking at him while we are on defense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Broadway Joe;4256062]I agree about the amount of entertainment programing that the crowd is subject to. It's really a crowd buzz kill sitting through some video package shown on the screen, factor that into all the night games with their extended TV time outs and the game loses it flow. The players are standing around and the crowd is busy with other distractions of the stadium eg. looking for the cleaner, bigger bathrooms.[/QUOTE]

Very true.

Back in the 1990's and 2000's the quiet time happened during the timeouts. When the teams came back on the field, the crowd made noise. After all, the game was the excitement, got us worked up, ready to cheer.

Today the quiet time happens during the gameplay. Because we're getting bombarded with noise and video during the timeouts, we use the time during the actual game to regroup, let our ears heal, prepare for the next timeout so the audio visual attack can begin.

It's awful.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4256064]These made me laugh.

3) when did we become the NBA where we play music when there is NO time out?

4) were you at the game earlier this year when Joe Nolan's introductions were off a person as they were running out of the tunnel? LOL

5) He stands there and waits for the camera to go on him then he goes crazy when nobody is looking at him while we are on defense.[/QUOTE]

Very true to all your points. I don't know who made the JetLife rule that says "[I]there shall be noise every time the clock stops[/I]" but it doesn't make us cheer the team on and it doesn't make us buy more food and souvenirs.

I love attending live football games and the new stadium is terrific on 95% of what it attempts to do, but the non-stop bombardment of loud music/video/talking really is a detriment to the experience and to the fans ability to cheer the defense on. It really wears you down by the fourth quarter.

Hey, maybe that's why we do it. Maybe it makes the opposing coaches and players exhausted too. At least [I]that's[/I] a reason I can comprehend.

SAR I

Rookie
    And the non-stop noise actually starts an hour or so before kickoff. You cannot go out to your seats without being bombarded by that annoying music. It looks like they have speakers down on the field on carts for the players to hear.....not sure why they need them, since it is so loud everywhere in the stadium.

You cannot carry on a simple conversation before the game starts as you are sitting watching warmups. Since it was a nice day Sunday, my wife and I went out to our seats early. We retreated back into the club because it was too noisy to sit and have a conversation.

And the jets wonder why no one is in their seats for introductions???