Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Is there some health issue with Darrelle Revis?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there some health issue with Darrelle Revis?

I am wondering if Darrelle Revis is not playing at 100% health. In my opinion and probably most Jets fans, yesterday was by far his worst game as a Jet. Stevie Johnson owned him yesterday. Thats including him getting burned on a potential season ending TD by Stevie Johnson that was badly dropped. The Fitzpatrick pass a couple of plays later to Johnson in the end zone that was behind him wasnt revis's fault as Pool blew the coverage. I know even Revis is entitled to a bad game every now and then and that Johnson is a very talented receiver. But a bunch of the throws he wasn't even in good position at all. In the previous game against Johnson, he gave up 3 catches but he had perfect coverage on all 3 passes but they were completed by Fitzpatrick due to his perfect passes.

I remember seeing on Profootballtalk that Revis banged up his knee in practice before the game against Denver but I am not even sure if it was brought up on this board. Yes, he didnt have a pass completed on him in Denver, but Denver is a team with no real receivers and a QB who can't throw. Maybe there is more to this knee story? Thoughts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetglass;4255207]I am wondering if Darrelle Revis is not playing at 100% health. In my opinion and probably most Jets fans, yesterday was by far his worst game as a Jet. Stevie Johnson owned him yesterday. Thats including him getting burned on a potential season ending TD by Stevie Johnson that was badly dropped. The Fitzpatrick pass a couple of plays later to Johnson in the end zone that was behind him wasnt revis's fault as Pool blew the coverage. I know even Revis is entitled to a bad game every now and then and that Johnson is a very talented receiver. But a bunch of the throws he wasn't even in good position at all. In the previous game against Johnson, he gave up 3 catches but he had perfect coverage on all 3 passes but they were completed by Fitzpatrick due to his perfect passes.

I remember seeing on Profootballtalk that Revis banged up his knee in practice before the game against Denver but I am not even sure if it was brought up on this board. Yes, he didnt have a pass completed on him in Denver, but Denver is a team with no real receivers and a QB who can't throw. Maybe there is more to this knee story? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

A CB gave up 75 yds and a TD and we are asking if he's hurt?

LMAO

DUMP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetglass;4255207]I am wondering if Darrelle Revis is not playing at 100% health. In my opinion and probably most Jets fans, yesterday was by far his worst game as a Jet. Stevie Johnson owned him yesterday. Thats including him getting burned on a potential season ending TD by Stevie Johnson that was badly dropped. The Fitzpatrick pass a couple of plays later to Johnson in the end zone that was behind him wasnt revis's fault as Pool blew the coverage. I know even Revis is entitled to a bad game every now and then and that Johnson is a very talented receiver. But a bunch of the throws he wasn't even in good position at all. In the previous game against Johnson, he gave up 3 catches but he had perfect coverage on all 3 passes but they were completed by Fitzpatrick due to his perfect passes.

I remember seeing on Profootballtalk that Revis banged up his knee in practice before the game against Denver but I am not even sure if it was brought up on this board. Yes, he didnt have a pass completed on him in Denver, but Denver is a team with no real receivers and a QB who can't throw. Maybe there is more to this knee story? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
    Revis is always injured after he gets beat. Then, he's healthy and holding out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking that something was up, we really got used to Superman and Clark Kent showed up. Maybe the flu?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://rollinsd.com/wp-content/uploads/12-taking-a-dump1.jpg[/img]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Revis has set the bar so high that people are freaking out today.

He gave up short catches to a field stretcher yesterday...he made a couple of terrific tackles after catches...he was supposed to funnel everything to the middle on the near TD drop so as not to give up a long gain and clock stop to the sideline

Revis remains All World. :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Complacency

Nobody has really attacked Revis that much at all in the last two years and I think he was put a bit off guard by it. I think it actually was a good thing because it will help him keep on his toes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4255228]I guess Revis has set the bar so high that people are freaking out today.

He gave up short catches to a field stretcher yesterday...he made a couple of terrific tackles after catches...he was supposed to funnel everything to the middle on the near TD drop so as not to give up a long gain and clock stop to the sideline

Revis remains All World. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I am glad to see there is someone on this board who actually understands what they are watching on the TV.

Thank You.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    stevie johnson is going up against revis.. playing 110% wanting to dominate the best CB in the league

revis is like..... stevie johnson.. whoo? ::yawn::

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis was playing off Johnson . He was allowing short throws and tackling the guy right away.

On the TD play, Revis backed off to force Johnson to break inside, which he did. Revis knew the ball was coming and was right there, but he was just not able to make a play.

He didn't get burned on the almost TD. The Jets were playing a prevent zone type thing, revis release Johnson to the middle.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4255228][B]I guess Revis has set the bar so high that people are freaking out today.[/B]

Revis remains All World. :cool:[/QUOTE]

This. The fact that he gave up a few receptions isn't the surprising part. The fact its so surprising is what's most surprising. What Revis did for the first half of the year was pretty unsustainable. There is simply no way that a CB, game in and game out, can shutdown a receiver when going one on one. The fact that he's done what he's done is amazing. But, even the best get give up catches. Even the best get beat downfield. It happens. It happened yesterday and it will happen in the future.

Its not like Johnson had 150 yards. He had 75 and a short TD. And they were all pretty much in front of Revis. Sometimes you have to tip your cap and say "Nice play". The other guys get paid as well.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4255252]Revis was playing off Johnson . He was allowing short throws and tackling the guy right away.

On the TD play, Revis backed off to force Johnson to break inside, which he did. Revis knew the ball was coming and was right there, but he was just not able to make a play.

He didn't get burned on the almost TD. The Jets were playing a prevent zone type thing, revis release Johnson to the middle.[/QUOTE]

Yep...man our safety coverage play needs a serious upgrade.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had an off-game. That's all I chalk up to. He's human. It happens.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    75 yards and a TD and now we're asking if he's injured?

DUMP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all seriousness, Revis and Cromartie were playing about seven yards off the WRs most of the game so when the WRs made cuts they were way behind the WRs. They seemed to play more press coverage in the 4th quarter. I think most issues were due to defensive call and not Revis.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it's just the blemish needed to keep him from holding out again next preseason. I can't take any more drama and we definitely can't survive with Cro as number one. Highly doubtful though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Revis backed off to force Johnson inside on that TD play, and just didn't get there.

On the dropped pass by Johnson at the end of the game, it was very clear that Revis and Pool were having communication issues on that play, as well as the play where Fitzpatrick threw behind Johnson in the back of the endzone.

I'll chalk the rest of the day up to a completely anemic pass rush from any player not named Maybin. Really doesn't matter how good Revis is, you give a QB that much time to throw with no threat of pressure and he's going to complete passes.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your only as good as your last game, lets face it Revis and the jets defense looked awful and were very lucky to win the game.