Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats 21 point faves over Colts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Pats 21 point faves over Colts

I had to laugh when I saw this

Pats-Colts is usually one of the games of the year, now it's got a point spread you would expect in a college football mismatch

I don't see how Caldwell doesn't get fired. We know how awful he is from the SB game and our playoff game last year, dude is clueless, Peyton injury or not.

Thank god they flexed this out of Sunday night

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats funny is, that the line should probably be higher.....LOL

I think they figure that Brady will be sitting out the fourth quarter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4255245]I had to laugh when I saw this

Pats-Colts is usually one of the games of the year, now it's got a point spread you would expect in a college football mismatch

I don't see how Caldwell doesn't get fired. We know how awful he is from the SB game and our playoff game last year, dude is clueless, [B]Peyton injury or not. [/B]Thank god they flexed this out of Sunday night[/QUOTE]

I have said this all along, Peyton doesn't play defense. It seems like until yesterday the team has been almost disinterested. They had a slight chance vs. Tampa. This is really a disgrace. After 3 or 4 weeks of getting over the fact that Peyton wasn't coming back, they should have been able to win a few games. They still have the running backs, the receivers, come on, one or two wins should not be impossible.

With that said, would love to see them pull off the upset and beat the Pats!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This game has UGLY written all over it, but I don't think it will be as ugly as people think.

The Pats will win, but probably not by the 55 points that everyone is expecting them to win by...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4255266]I have said this all along, Peyton doesn't play defense. It seems like until yesterday the team has been almost disinterested. They had a slight chance vs. Tampa. This is really a disgrace. After 3 or 4 weeks of getting over the fact that Peyton wasn't coming back, they should have been able to win a few games. They still have the running backs, the receivers, come on, one or two wins should not be impossible.

With that said, would love to see them pull off the upset and beat the Pats!![/QUOTE]

Peyton does play defense. He keeps his offense on the field for long stretches at a time, and usually gives his defense a lead. The Indy defense is set up to rush the passer which Peyton forces the other teams to do by getting up on them.

Similar to how the Patriots defense is pretty crappy, but when Brady gives them a 20 point lead they are pretty good at stopping you once they know your gonna be airing it out all over the place.

Also Indy has no skill positions, their RBs and all their WRs are garbage. Wayne, Garcon, Collie, all about as over rated as you can get. Peyton was that team and its showing. If anynone should be fired its Polian.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4255282]Peyton does play defense. He keeps his offense on the field for long stretches at a time, and usually gives his defense a lead. The Indy defense is set up to rush the passer which Peyton forces the other teams to do by getting up on them.

Similar to how the Patriots defense is pretty crappy, but when Brady gives them a 20 point lead they are pretty good at stopping you once they know your gonna be airing it out all over the place.

Also Indy has no skill positions, their RBs and all their WRs are garbage. Wayne, Garcon, Collie, all about as over rated as you can get. Peyton was that team and its showing. If anynone should be fired its Polian.[/QUOTE]

IMO, their receiving corps is still pretty strong.

But their offensive line and running backs are awful.

Your point about the defense is spot on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4255304]IMO, their receiving corps is still pretty strong.

But their offensive line and running backs are awful.

Your point about the defense is spot on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the receivers are still good. Curtis Painter is as dreadful now as he was in that game against us 2 years ago

Their D cannot handle a deficit

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Peyton Manning = MVP

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Colts were 10-6 last year and were showing signs of a team in decline. Even with Manning this year I think the colts were at best a 9-7 team. Caldwell could be the worst coach in the league, and that defense is still not very good. Yea, the D would be better not being on the field as much, but you cant tell me this team would be better than 9 wins even with Manning.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anybody have a better schedule and more luck on their side than the Patriots?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4255320]The Colts were 10-6 last year and were showing signs of a team in decline. Even with Manning this year I think the colts were at best a 9-7 team. Caldwell could be the worst coach in the league, and that defense is still not very good. Yea, the D would be better not being on the field as much, but you cant tell me this team would be better than 9 wins even with Manning.[/QUOTE]

From zero wins to 9 wins is still pretty impressive. ;)

A lot of vets on that team must be pretty sour because from all appearances it does look like Manning was the one and only reason they were very very good for years. Really looks bad on the rest of the team.

The shmucks are going to get Luck as well. They remind me of the Pittsburgh Penguins, from Lemieux to Crosby, perfect timing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4255323]Does anybody have a better schedule and more luck on their side than the Patriots?[/QUOTE]

Other than playing the Colts instead of the Jaguars (Basically a wash) and the Steelers instead of the Ravens (again, basically a wash) they have the same schedule as the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's hilarious. And you know what? You're still going to have a hard time finding someone that would take the Colts. 21 points isn't enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    24-6

...at Halftime.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4255323]Does anybody have a better schedule and more luck on their side than the Patriots?[/QUOTE]

No but I think once again they will flop in the playoffs. You don't get cupcakes in the playoffs unless you're facing some other team that got lucky all year like the Ravens did in the wildcard game against the Chiefs last yr.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4255326]From zero wins to 9 wins is still pretty impressive. ;)

A lot of vets on that team must be pretty sour because from all appearances it does look like Manning was the one and only reason they were very very good for years. Really looks bad on the rest of the team.

The shmucks are going to get Luck as well. They remind me of the Pittsburgh Penguins, from Lemieux to Crosby, perfect timing[/QUOTE]

Its also an indictment of how bad Curtis Painter is. He simply is not an NFL caliber QB. As much as we b!tch about Brunnell, he was at least a starting caliber QB at one time. The fact that the Colts went out and signed Collins TO START was pretty much an indictment of Painter. I'd understand if he was a rookie #2 QB, but the dude was in the system for 2 years prior. If he wasn't backup material, they should have known by then. Its one thing to add a QB for depth if your starter goes down - its another to find a guy on the street to start.

Seeing guys like Palko and Painter as #2 QBs makes me feel fortunate to have Brunnell on the bench, as sad as that is.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will be more then 21 because the Pats are classless peices of s--t, it will be late in the 4th quarter and they will be up 45-6 and Brady will be in there driving for more.

I am not saying I would'nt like for the Jets to be a power house like the Pats with compitant coaching, but I would like to think we would have more class.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    should be 41

pretty amazing that the cheating scumbags get the first place schedule and thus get to play the 0-11 Colts...

a week after facing the Eagles with Vick injured

I'm assuming they play the Bears with Caleb somebody the next week and then the Texans with Kellen Clemens to finish out their season

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4255347]Its also an indictment of how bad Curtis Painter is. He simply is not an NFL caliber QB. As much as we b!tch about Brunnell, he was at least a starting caliber QB at one time. The fact that the Colts went out and signed Collins TO START was pretty much an indictment of Painter. I'd understand if he was a rookie #2 QB, but the dude was in the system for 2 years prior. If he wasn't backup material, they should have known by then. Its one thing to add a QB for depth if your starter goes down - its another to find a guy on the street to start.

Seeing guys like Palko and Painter as #2 QBs makes me feel fortunate to have Brunnell on the bench, as sad as that is.[/QUOTE]

Add Caleb Hanie to the mix, although who are we kidding, if Brunell got thrown out there he might look equally as awful as any of those guys. I'm pretty sure Brunell could not run a 40 in under 6 seconds at this point.

The reality is most teams backup QBs are not very good, but it's inexcusable to have a 41 year old guy who simply cannot play the game anymore when there's other options out there. Thankfully Sanchez has not gotten hurt

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If ur bellichek, how do you not call ur brother in law, or cousin or whoever, and tell them, put it all on the colts. Then go up 14 and just run the ball.