Thread: Johnson makes that catch, Sanchez sucks. Smith makes that tackle, Sanchez is great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Johnson makes that catch, Sanchez sucks. Smith makes that tackle, Sanchez is great.

The bottom line is, Sanchez has not been great this season. Oline has been awful, and the OC worse. But he's got to be smarter with his throws. I just find it hilarious that Sanchez gets killed for things he can't control.

He has to be put in a position to succeed. Shotty doesn't do that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LAJET;4255422]The bottom line is, Sanchez has not been great this season. Oline has been awful, and the OC worse. But he's got to be smarter with his throws. I just find it hilarious that Sanchez gets killed for things he can't control.

He has to be put in a position to succeed. Shotty doesn't do that.[/QUOTE]

meanwhile the defensive issues are largely ignored. they nearly blew 2 games in a row. and if they did, the focus would still be on sanchez's poor completion %.

lately i think rex is trying to deflect blame from his defense onto the offense. b/c if sanchez takes the blame, then rex doesn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LAJET;4255422]The bottom line is, Sanchez has not been great this season. Oline has been awful, and the OC worse. But he's got to be smarter with his throws. I just find it hilarious that Sanchez gets killed for things he can't control.

He has to be put in a position to succeed. Shotty doesn't do that.[/QUOTE]

You aren't going to have the favorable position of having a top o-line, running game and defense every single year. This year he faces some adversity, he has to come up big like he did at the end of yesterdays game.

The team made a very very serious mistake in messing with the QB WR chemistry this year and I think that has affected him badly.

He still misses way too many open targets when the play call is there and he does have time though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4255434]meanwhile the defensive issues are largely ignored. they nearly blew 2 games in a row. and if they did, the focus would still be on sanchez's poor completion %.

lately i think rex is trying to deflect blame from his defense onto the offense. b/c if sanchez takes the blame, then rex doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Oh no. Don't even try to suggest that Rex tries to shift the blame away from himself and onto the offense.

Over the last 2.5 years, Rex has done everything in his power to take as much heat off of Sanchez as he possibly could. I applaud Rex and the defense for standing there and taking the blame as often as they have, while never once taking a shot at Sanchez or the offense. Some in the media have tried to bait them, but they haven't taken it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LAJET;4255422]Johnson makes that catch, Sanchez sucks. Smith makes that tackle, Sanchez is great.[/quote]

No.

[QUOTE=LAJET;4255422]The bottom line is, Sanchez has not been great this season. [/QUOTE]

Yes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4255434]meanwhile the defensive issues are largely ignored. they nearly blew 2 games in a row. and if they did, the focus would still be on sanchez's poor completion %.

[B]lately i think rex is trying to deflect blame from his defense onto the offense. b/c if sanchez takes the blame, then rex doesn't.[/B] [/QUOTE]

LOL, is that a joke?

Since day one Rex has done literally [B]everything[/B] in his power to put all the blame on himself and all the praise on his players.

And while you can argue the defense blew the Broncos game by giving up the game losing TD drive, they also completely stiffled the Broncos for almost the entire game while the offense did nothing -- hell, less than nothing when you consider the TD pass Sanchez threw to the Denver secondary.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4255461]LOL, is that a joke?

Since day one Rex has done literally [B]everything[/B] in his power to put all the blame on himself and all the praise on his players.

[B]And while you can argue the defense blew the Broncos game by giving up the game losing TD drive, they also completely stiffled the Broncos for almost the entire game while the offense did nothing -- hell, less than nothing when you consider the TD pass Sanchez threw to the Denver secondary[/B].[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The offense gave up more points than the defense did through 55 minutes.

To the OP, thread title is still wrong. Most of us thought the Jets were going to stop Tebow on the last drive as they had done all game, but there was no way Sanchez was escaping criticism after his performance in Denver. He would not have been called "great" by any means.

Conversely, while his 4 TD game doesn't warrant very much praise IMO, it would not have been a "Sanchez sucks" situation if Johnson catches that pass and scores yesterday. No, instead there would have been 10 threads questioning Revis' health instead of three.

If the QB has a 4 TDs/1 INT game, he's not to blame for a loss where the D gives up an 80-yard drive on the last possession.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4255453]Oh no. Don't even try to suggest that Rex tries to shift the blame away from himself and onto the offense.

Over the last 2.5 years, Rex has done everything in his power to take as much heat off of Sanchez as he possibly could. I applaud Rex and the defense for standing there and taking the blame as often as they have, while never once taking a shot at Sanchez or the offense. Some in the media have tried to bait them, but they haven't taken it.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you on that one. That's a big Rex concept - take the heat so the team doesn't. Crazy like a fox? More like be the buffoon for the boys. Hey, if it works, it's great. And sells papers....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm pretty sure the head coach we have, with vast football experience, knows exactly when its on the D vs. not on the D.

I'm also fairly certain its the papers/media that focus on Mark's completion rate and not Rex.