Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Kyle Wilson now better than Cromartie??

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Kyle Wilson now better than Cromartie??

Thinking about it, and watching them both this year while Kyle Wilson continues to improve Cromartie seems to very much on the decline. Is it time to start thinking about Wilson as our #2 CB? I've also heard people mention Cro going to safety could this be a viable option down the road?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Wilson is a more well rounded CB. I think you can do more with Wilson right now than with Cro. He tackles better than Cro, and plays zone better than Cro. When it comes to bump and run, man to man D I think Cro may be a little better right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is absolutely better then Cro.

The Cro love affair on this board is insane.

All CBs get burned and all CBs get interceptions, its the nature of the position, so I dont even want to compare who "gets burned" more because a lot of that is the coverage that is called, etc.

But it is amazing to me how much Cro takes off the table for our team. He has made 1 good play in the last 2 seasons, and that was a Kick Return. He also led the defense in penalties last season.

Yesterday he almost singlehandily lost the game for us. Fumbled the punt, gave up a TD on the following play, and missed a HUGE tackle that gave up a first down. Plus he had ANOTHER defensive pass interference penalty that wasnt accepted.

At the end of the day, the penalties and constant miscues take more off the table then the athleticism that Cro brings to the table. He constantly shies away from contact which has hurt us on multiple occasions the last 2 years.

Id take wilson and his physical play over Cro any day of the week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wilson is our nickel / slot guy... period

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4255449]Oh boy.[/QUOTE]

It's a fair question based on their play this year. I'm not basing off one play or one bad game but off of this season as whole. Cro just doesn't impress me at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Putting Wilson on the outside where Cro plays would be a disaster. Hed be toast. He is good as the nickel right now. Leave him be.

Cro to safety is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. Safeties have to be able to tackle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably not, but Wilson really impressed me with that deep pass he broke up in the first quarter. That showed the kind of awareness he lacked last year. I'd still have more trust in Cro on speedy deep-threats, but Wilson is about as solid as they come when it comes to tackling (which Cro absolutely sucks at).

Is it possible that they are complete polar-opposites in terms of style?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4255482]Putting Wilson on the outside where Cro plays would be a disaster. Hed be toast. He is good as the nickel right now. Leave him be.

Cro to safety is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. Safeties have to be able to tackle.[/QUOTE]...+1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Granted Cro is good for about 2-3 boneheaded plays a month, but this is just absurd!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4255482]Putting Wilson on the outside where Cro plays would be a disaster. Hed be toast. He is good as the nickel right now. Leave him be.

Cro to safety is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. Safeties have to be able to tackle.[/QUOTE]

+1

Way too much love for Wilson right now for making a handful of plays from the slot position.

Cromartie can be infuriating between the fumbles, the awful penalties and being an absolute ***** when it comes to contact. But the fact remains that other than two circus catches from Brad Smith and Malcolm Floyd, the guy hasn't given up a significant completion since the first NE game.

Wilson is fine where he is for now. Maybe next year will be a different story.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My right butt cheek is now better than Cromartie. And as a bonus, it hasn't gotten any women pregnant.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's crazy the criticism Cro gets. If you notice, when was the last time someone complained about Cro on this board. There has been no mention of him recently. Why? Because he's been doing his job. He has a bad day yesterday. All corners do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson is not better than Cromartie. Stop it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HardHittingJets;4255512]I think it's crazy the criticism Cro gets. If you notice, when was the last time someone complained about Cro on this board. There has been no mention of him recently. Why? Because he's been doing his job. He has a bad day yesterday. All corners do.[/QUOTE]

Or there have been much more glaring things to complain about?

[B][I]POSSIBLY. [/I][/B]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4255522]Or there have been much more glaring things to complain about?

[B][I]POSSIBLY. [/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Before yesterday's two plays, when was the last bad moment for Cro?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's better at dropping potential game-changing INTs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;4255489]Probably not, but Wilson really impressed me with that deep pass he broke up in the first quarter. That showed the kind of awareness he lacked last year. I'd still have more trust in Cro on speedy deep-threats, but Wilson is about as solid as they come when it comes to tackling (which Cro absolutely sucks at).

Is it possible that they are complete polar-opposites in terms of style?[/QUOTE]

Both are better off where they are and so is the team. Switching them around , Cro to safety etc would be inviting disaster when the team is already stressed enough as it is in recent weeks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=drsamuel84;4255447]Thinking about it, and watching them both this year while Kyle Wilson continues to improve Cromartie seems to very much on the decline. Is it time to start thinking about Wilson as our #2 CB? I've also heard people mention Cro going to safety could this be a viable option down the road?[/QUOTE]

lmao how is Cro on the decline? Cause Brad Smith was covered so well that he tried to bat a ball down to the ground and it ended up taking a fluky bounce back into his hands and scoring a fluky TD? Cro's has a solid year overall .... he had 2 fluky plays with Austin and Brad ... Raiders game he was bad but other than that he's been steady. Cro on defense was actually better than Revis ... Cro gave up that one fluky big play but you couldn't have covered it any better .... Revis gave up like 7 catches man 2 man .... 4 were 1st downs and 1 was a TD .... Kyle had a solid game yesterday and sky is the limit for him but at this point right now he's not better than Cro. Kyle is capable of being a shut down kind of guy but he isn't that just yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cromartie is much, much better than what we give him credit for.

Wilson has been good but I think the Jets miss Dwight Lowery. He played really well last year for them.