Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for the Jets to go all out LINEBACKERS!

Time for the Jets to go all out LINEBACKERS!

Draft them
    Go after the best in Free Agency

Our Safeties suck but give Brady 12 seconds & a sandwich, he'll find Gronkowski or Welker.
    I actually feel sorry for rex this year!
    Loses Thomas
    Scott got OLD QUICKLY
    Westerman didn't pan out.

Harris is by far our best LB but he needs some damn help.
    With our corners & interior defenders like Devito, Mo, Ellis, Dixon, Pito these guys are zipping up the middle of the defense.
    Rex needs some fast big LBs to wreak havoc on these 3rd & longs.

I don't care how tanny gets em but Rex needs em to really be able to play a Ryan defense.

...absolutely...that would be my top priority...

I know its early but Oklanhoma's Ronnell Lewis has really intrigued me

Jets Insider VIP
    RT and OLB have to be our two biggest needs at the moment.

Two scenarios I would love come draft day:

1. Riley Reiff in the 1st round and Brandon Lindsey in the 2nd round

2. Vinny Curry in the 1st round and Levy Adcock in the 2nd round

Zero D line pressure puts way too much on the Db's. Someone will get open given enough time. If we put pressure on any qb with 4-5 players then our Db's would be awesome.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4255642]RT and OLB have to be our two biggest needs at the moment.

Two scenarios I would love come draft day:

1. Riley Reiff in the 1st round and Brandon Lindsey in the 2nd round

2. Vinny Curry in the 1st round and Levy Adcock in the 2nd round[/QUOTE]

Agreed...Jets should take the best Tackle on the board with their first pick and the best OLB with their second.

VONTAZE BURFICT? got an attitude we could use on D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsfan66;4255660]VONTAZE BURFICT? got an attitude we could use on D[/QUOTE]

He's also a total jackass.

I know a lot of people fall in love with Burfict's "tenacity", but they seem to forget/not know that he costs his team dearly with personal foul penalties and his tendency to take himself out of plays.

I agree game on the line yesterday and Bart Scott was on the sidelines. Ray Lewis would never be in that situation thats why I wanted the Jets to throw big money at him when he was a free agent.

[QUOTE=jetsfan66;4255660]VONTAZE BURFICT? got an attitude we could use on D[/QUOTE]

Played against him in high school, dude is a freak on the field. A little too much attitude though in college, im sure Rex and co. could figure him out.

At this point what is Channing Crowder doing?

Jets Insider VIP
    I think we MUST address our defense in the draft. OLBs and a safety must be addressed. Id sign the best available OT in FA and a FAST receiver to open up the run game by going deep.

[QUOTE=jetster;4255514]Draft them
    Go after the best in Free Agency

Our Safeties suck but give Brady 12 seconds & a sandwich, he'll find Gronkowski or Welker.
    I actually feel sorry for rex this year!
    Loses Thomas
    Scott got OLD QUICKLY
    Westerman didn't pan out.

Harris is by far our best LB but he needs some damn help.
    With our corners & interior defenders like Devito, Mo, Ellis, Dixon, Pito these guys are zipping up the middle of the defense.
    Rex needs some fast big LBs to wreak havoc on these 3rd & longs.

I don't care how tanny gets em but Rex needs em to really be able to play a Ryan defense.[/QUOTE]

It speaks volumes as to how much the invisible man with the biggest waste of cap space isn't even mentioned in your post. #97 is a huge disappointment and, relative to his cost, a pretty big FA bust.

Cut Westerman loose, he's the odd man out right now.

everyone loves to talk about the OLB, they actually have more there than ILB. Bart Scott is done.

[QUOTE=Dcat;4255714]It speaks volumes as to how much the invisible man with the biggest waste of cap space isn't even mentioned in your post. #97 is a huge disappointment and, relative to his cost, a pretty big FA bust.[/QUOTE]

Not nearly as big a waste as Holme's cap space ... Not even close.

[QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4255890]Cut Westerman loose, he's the odd man out right now.[/QUOTE]

No way in HELL. Cut MacIntyre

i can see two new starting lb's next season. thomas is probably history and either pace or scott will be let go.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4255897]everyone loves to talk about the OLB, they actually have more there than ILB. Bart Scott is done.[/QUOTE]

True, we definitely need to upgrade there. Though Bart Scott is guaranteed to be back.

A player I would look at in FA to help the pass rush and I know I'm probably going to get posts about him not playing the position. But he had Rex Ryan as the coach he most wants to play for and wants to play for a defense like the Jets, Ravens, or Steelers.
    Robert Mathis, don't think the Colts bring him back. And I believe in Rex to use a defensive player to his abilities.

[IMG]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Robert+Mathis+HCI_SSqb9Q0m.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4255697]I think we MUST address our defense in the draft. OLBs and a safety must be addressed. Id sign the best available OT in FA and a FAST receiver to open up the run game by going deep.[/QUOTE]
    Agree with getting an OT in off season, look to bring back Braylon draft an OLB and RT with our first 2 picks depending on best value