Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emanuel Cook's locker cleared out and Ricky Sapp back in locker room

Emanuel Cook's locker cleared out and Ricky Sapp back in locker room

what's going on?

[url]http://twitter.com/#!/JennyVrentas[/url]

Surprising considering that was an excellent recovery yesterday on the mistake by the kicker. Not an easy play at all.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4255590]Surprising considering that was an excellent recovery yesterday on the mistake by the kicker. Not an easy play at all.[/QUOTE]

You can argue that this was the play of the game...

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;4255597]You can argue that this was the play of the game...[/QUOTE]

Agree... But in the same breath, it would be pretty dumb to keep a guy based on that play.

Hall Of Fame
    Could be that Devito's injury is going to force him to miss some time. Kenrick will be active if healthy and Sapp will be promoted to the 53 man.

Maybe the Jets coaching staff finally realizes we need a pass rush. We made Fitzpatrick look like a decent QB hell he even wore his wedding ring knowing the Jets wouldnt damage it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4255701]Could be that Devito's injury is going to force him to miss some time. Kenrick will be active if healthy and Sapp will be promoted to the 53 man.[/QUOTE]

I'd guess it might mean that rookie Safety Tracey Wilson is being promoted to the 53 to replace Cook, with Sapp taking up Wilson's spot on the PS.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4255706]Maybe the Jets coaching staff finally realizes we need a pass rush. We made Fitzpatrick look like a decent QB hell he even wore his wedding ring knowing the Jets wouldnt damage it.[/QUOTE]

Didnt we sack the guy 3 times?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE][B]Rex Confirms Cook Cut[/B][/QUOTE]

I saw the other thread title and thought it said "Rex Confirms Cook Out" and had flashbacks to Herm's barbeques! :eek:

All Pro
    We cut who and signed who? This exactly why our safety's suck

Don't we only have three safeties now?

Cook never really got a chance to play. All this means is that Eric Smith will never leave the field ... I flipped when they Lowery go and people said he wasn't going to play anyway. As it turns out now with the way he's playing for the Jags .... Lowery would have easily been our best cover safety. He played well down the stretch last year ... I have no clue what we're doing at safety.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4255808]Cook never really got a chance to play. All this means is that Eric Smith will never leave the field ... I flipped when they Lowery go and people said he wasn't going to play anyway. As it turns out now with the way he's playing for the Jags .... Lowery would have easily been our best cover safety. He played well down the stretch last year ... I have no clue what we're doing at safety.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with all of this. I was pissed when we traded Lowery. He was the only guy we could count on for INTs. He was a ball-hawk.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4255767]Didnt we sack the guy 3 times?[/QUOTE]

3 times isnt enough. He almost beat us. I want more pressure on the dam QB. We arent going to far in the playoffs without QB pressure.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4255808]Cook never really got a chance to play. All this means is that Eric Smith will never leave the field ... I flipped when they Lowery go and people said he wasn't going to play anyway. As it turns out now with the way he's playing for the Jags .... Lowery would have easily been our best cover safety. He played well down the stretch last year ... I have no clue what we're doing at safety.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I thought Lowery would make a nice safety. I think his coverage ability and his ability to find the ball would make him a very good option at safety. What exactly did we get back for him anyway?? Was it really worth giving him up for practically nothing?

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4255815]3 times isnt enough. He almost beat us. I want more pressure on the dam QB. We arent going to far in the playoffs without QB pressure.[/QUOTE]

3 sacks per game will put your team near the top of the league in sacks every year. In fact the last two years it was exactly 3 sacks per game for the #1 sack team in the NFL.

But THAT'S NOT ENOUGH and WE AREN'T GOING FAR without more!

I agree we need more pressure, but sacks alone aren't the way to determine how much pressure we're getting.
    Last edited by My.Favorite.Martin; 11-28-2011 at 05:13 PM.

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4255822]3 sacks per game will put your team near the top of the league in sacks every year. In fact the last two years it was exactly 3 sacks per game for the #1 sack team in the NFL.

But THAT'S NOT ENOUGH and WE AREN'T GOING FAR without more![/QUOTE]

QB PRESSURE AT TIMES FITZPATRICK HAD ALL DAM DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4255829]QB PRESSURE AT TIMES FITZPATRICK HAD ALL DAM DAY!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="5"]OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4255830][B][SIZE="5"]OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

PRESSURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4255821]Agreed. I thought Lowery would make a nice safety. I think his coverage ability and his ability to find the ball would make him a very good option at safety. What exactly did we get back for him anyway?? Was it really worth giving him up for practically nothing?[/QUOTE]

Reportedly, a 7th round pick. Basically, we gave him away. Not a smart move, the guy has evolved into a good cover Safety and he has always had a nose for the ball.